Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth

Old 07-18-2012, 09:13 PM   #31
MeisterDerWagt

I simply cannot find time for people who are extremely camp/diva, to the point that they are unable to function in the world and unknowingly have everything done for them one way or another. Those who giggle when they admit that they didn't know the fridge needed to be plugged in as if people like them more now. They also seem to have huge amounts of credit card debt. But these people are not restricted to the gay population, so no, I do not have any affliction toward any preference.

Oh wait, I'm not supposed to be replying in this thread...

Interestingly when I started at secondary school we all did see being gay as a bad thing (I didn't know myself as well as I do now), as did just about the whole school, but about 4 years later some of the class had revealed that they were gay and we were all fine with that, a complete change. Looking at the years below us now you would see most of the kids acting gay around their friends from time to time. We would have never done that, lest be ridiculed and accused of being gay for all eternity. It seems that at least in this part of the world, there is no stigma attached to sexual preference any more. Of course you still hear people lash out with words like "dyke" in a heated argument, but no more than "fat bitch", I don't think kids will ever stop acting like that when they are angry.

Likes - pee, bondage, naked, sub, tight briefs!
Limits - drinking it, poop, public, messing up my place.
MeisterDerWagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:45 PM   #32
dareaway
Account Banned

I am completely fine with them unless they hit on me, then it becomes an issue. But some of my best friends are gay.
22 US straight?

3 in hard
"I'm a dirty little slut"
PM me any dice dare in my limits to do.
dareaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:38 PM   #33
XxxMistress
Account Banned

Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSlickGuy View Post
I don't like the fact that these men have removed the masculinity in themselves.
That's wrong on so many levels.

Oh well, To me; No I don't hate them. My best friend on this site is gay, I got a couple of gay guys friends IRL whom came out to me recently after knowing them for 10 years. I didn't even suspect a thing. So gay guys can act straight, Not all gays like to wear pink and do their toe nails.

But the sassy, girly, Mr I know it all stereotype for gay guys pisses me off.

Not all gays have to act/do girly stuff, I myself only take interest in manly guys, Whatever gay or straight.
XxxMistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:53 PM   #34
I Be Drk

Personally doesn't bother me at all. Gay or not won't determine my friendship with someone.

https://bdsmtest.org/r/xNQ4jwWx
I Be Drk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:07 AM   #35
gigglebox

I feel as if this quote applies to many posters in this thread:

Homophobia: The fear that a man will treat you the way you treat women.

PS: Despite my futile protestations to the contrary JMN is right I am a SLUT.

Assume that anything and everything I tell you to do as a domme/TorD partner is for entertainment purposes only.
gigglebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:21 PM   #36
OverThe

I think it depends a lot on the particular gay guy. Some gay guys I find very friendly and enjoyable, and I do have gay friends, others irritate the hell out of me. I'm very open minded sexually, but I don't enjoy bawdy people, in other words, people who make light of sexual topics and talk about them in an obnoxious humorous manner in public. I don't like guys who get drunk at the bar and loudly announce their most recent exploits. Not because I think it's wrong or because I don't know plenty about sex, but because I think it's not classy.

In the same way I find some gay guys seem intent on talking about sex and sexuality a lot, in ways and in situations that are not really appropriate. It doesn't make me cringe or grossed out, but it irritates me because I think it's tacky. If, on the other hand, it's the appropriate venue to discuss you sexual exploits, I don't really mind, but that kind of conversation requires a bit of pre-existing friendship and subtle permission to go there. A lot of times, when I become irritated at gay guys who go down this road, they assume I have a problem with them being gay, but really I just have a problem with them being tacky. It would be and is the same with my straight friends.

The only other thing I would say is that it is rude for straight people to try to convince a gay person to be straight, I think most of us would agree on that. By the same token, it is also rude for a gay guy to hit on someone he knows is straight. It's subtle, but if you know me and you know I'm straight, and you hit on me, you're basically saying that it's not okay for me to be straight, and you'd like me to change for you. And that's not okay for the same reason it's not okay to tell people that they can't be gay.
OverThe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:27 PM   #37
gigglebox

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverThe View Post

The only other thing I would say is that it is rude for straight people to try to convince a gay person to be straight, I think most of us would agree on that. By the same token, it is also rude for a gay guy to hit on someone he knows is straight. It's subtle, but if you know me and you know I'm straight, and you hit on me, you're basically saying that it's not okay for me to be straight, and you'd like me to change for you. And that's not okay for the same reason it's not okay to tell people that they can't be gay.
Lots of people are natural flirts. They flirt with everyone. This crosses gender and sexuality boundries. Someone flirting with you is a compliment. It's saying they find you enjoyable/attractive/sexy/whatever. Fllirting doesn't have to have a deep complicated end. it can and often is, just flirting. If anyone flirts with you whom you don't want flirting with you politely say "No thanks. I'm not interested." and walk away.

PS: Despite my futile protestations to the contrary JMN is right I am a SLUT.

Assume that anything and everything I tell you to do as a domme/TorD partner is for entertainment purposes only.
gigglebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:31 PM   #38
J.M.N
Getdare's Head Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverThe View Post
Like giggle said before there are natural flirts, i, myself, am one, just because i flirt with people doesnt mean that i'm going to expect it to lead anywhere, i'm not annoyed at people for them being straight, people are who they are, flirting can just be harmless fun that does not have to be reciprocated.

[20:16:43] Jameser: ‹@J.M.N› don't worry you're definitely one of the lads here

[22:05:21] 1Pupil: Best moderator of getDare to me

One day when the light is glowing
I’ll be in my castle golden
But until the gates are open
I just wanna feel this moment

"Bdsm. That's were u get spanked!"

I love weiners and nuts.

"JMN is the one that most the tweenagers want to see in a kilt"
J.M.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:31 PM   #39
OverThe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglebox View Post
Lots of people are natural flirts. They flirt with everyone. This crosses gender and sexuality boundries. Someone flirting with you is a compliment. It's saying they find you enjoyable/attractive/sexy/whatever. Fllirting doesn't have to have a deep complicated end. it can and often is, just flirting. If anyone flirts with you whom you don't want flirting with you politely say "No thanks. I'm not interested." and walk away.
First I would make a distinction between someone being generally flirty, and someone hitting on me. And secondly, I would make a distinction between a gay guy who doesn't know me, and is just taking a shot in the dark (which is fine by me) and a gay guy who knows me and knows I don't like boys and consistently makes sexual advances anyway. I know someone like that, and if you want to say it's bigoted that's fine, but truthfully I don't like him because he does that. I think it's rude, and I've told him so, and that didn't seem to change anything.
OverThe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:56 PM   #40
Dareholic
getDare Addict

I know I am not exactly your target audience for this question, being Bi-sexual. I do know many straight guys that really do hate gay guys. I do know many straight guys that really have no problem with them, as long as they are not hitting on them. Then again, people around here don't start off with the question of: "What's you sexuality?"

RETIRED: THANKS getDare, I HAD FUN.

OH, JUST REMEMBER: "Life is not fun, unless you are having fun." - Dareholic

"Adam was but human - this explains it all. He did not want the apple for the apple's sake, he wanted it only because it was forbidden. The mistake was not forbidding the serpent; then he would have eaten the serpent." - Mark Twain
Yamask
Dareholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 11:18 PM   #41
alex_af1996
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabecardiffslave View Post
I personally find straight guys massively hot. Probably not a big shock that a gay guy fancies other men, but straight guys are 1000 times hotter than most gay guys. It's the swagger, the attitude, the voice, everything!

Anyway, what do you straight guys think of gay guys? Do you have any gay friends? Do gays creep you out? Do you want gays to die? Are you unphased?

I'm a self-hating gay and I know some will be all "hey be proud of who you are" etc etc, but that'll never happen. Just wondering what straight guys think because I think straight women have less of an issue with it (many have gay friends).
Gays are the best fun. During my KIK days gay guys were the most fun. They just understand the male body and know what feels good and what doesn’t which both is a great way to make someone feel good in both ways

Soft limitsiss play, humiliation, sissy (want to explore)
Hard Limits: scat, piss drinking, extreme pain, blood

My AMA https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=373282
https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=425350

I own 3 butt plugs

Email me at [email protected]
alex_af1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 08:20 AM   #42
redcamel
getDare Addict

Quote:
I personally find straight guys massively hot. Probably not a big shock that a gay guy fancies other men, but straight guys are 1000 times hotter than most gay guys. It's the swagger, the attitude, the voice, everything!
Anybody has its own tastes: saying such a thing sounds like saying "I find blondes massively hot" or black people, or asian people, or workers instead of employees, or the opposite. I mean, it's normal that one category of people could be perceived as more attractive than the others, but at the end we all have to deal with individuals.

Quote:
Anyway, what do you straight guys think of gay guys?
Well, I'd love if such a question would be meaningless, it would mean that we would live in a world of mutual acceptance without preconceptions or discrimination. Sadly it's not the case, but, as far as I'm concerned, if there's anyone I look at with suspicion it's not gays, but those who look at gays with suspicion.

Quote:
Do you have any gay friends?
I give to the word "friend" a great value. Yes, it happened in the past, but now I lost contact. It happens to deal with gay people, that I would define as good acquaintances but not "friends".

Quote:
Do gays creep you out?
Why?

Quote:
Do you want gays to die?
Oh my, it's a crazy thing to say. Do you want redhaired to die?

Quote:
Are you unphased?
Some years ago a gay friend of mine told me that if someday I'd have decide to leave my straightness, he would have been more than happy to be my first gay experience. Such an idea was (and still is) totally far from my intentions, but he said it in such a nice, spontaneous and sincere way, that I felt flattered as when a girl said to be attracted by me, while, sadly, I wasn't attracted by her (to be honest, it was easier to deal with my gay friend, because he knew that it was our different inclination between us, with the girl it was a more personal issue).

I try not to confuse the sexuality and the expression of personality. All those folkloristic expressions, such the ones we are used to see in gay prides and festivals, often are confusing people, and make superficial minds indentify a gay with the stereotype of an exhibitionistic clown over the top. I'm not saying that the merry colored people of the gay pride parades are clowns over the top, but that their image becomes the uncritical stereotype used by a lot of people to identify gay people. But, obviously, it's not so: not all the girls, to be girls, must wear revealing clothes, heavy makeup, blonde hairs and exhibit at the disco, some does, but the most don't, and aren't neccessarily less feminine or attractive (and often they are more).

Quote:
I'm a self-hating gay and I know some will be all "hey be proud of who you are" etc etc, but that'll never happen. Just wondering what straight guys think because I think straight women have less of an issue with it (many have gay friends).
I'd suggest none of the two: don't hate yourself and don't be proud, simply be yourself, and be the first to accept yourself as you are.

Last edited by redcamel; 05-28-2024 at 03:23 AM.
redcamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 10:26 AM   #43
ReluctantExhibition

Quote:

Anyway, what do you straight guys think of gay guys? Do you have any gay friends? Do gays creep you out? Do you want gays to die? Are you unphased?

I think that gay guys offer a new perspective for me to try to empathize with and learn from/about. Other than that, I see them as people.

I have gay friends, and I think they're a ton of fun. Plus, I get exposure to activities (e.g., pride parades, Drag Race, etc.) that I probably wouldn't end up being near were it not for them. Not everyone feels the way I do, but a lot more straight guys than you'd think are pretty unphased. It tends to be that the vocal majority do not reflect the views of the actual majority (although, this may depend on region/demographics).
Limits: Bodily fluids/scat/toilet/permanent/long term/chastity/family/friends/social suicide/extreme pain/illegal/age play/pet play/face

My BDSM Test: http://bdsmtest.org/r/qnxAat8d
ReluctantExhibition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 03:21 PM   #44
bogue270

a man is a man. their sexual preferences are their own. I do have 2 gay friends, and we get along great. If one has ever watched 2 gay men in a womens strip club.. your gonna die laughing. almost as funny as me trying to get away from guys at a gay club. In friendship, gotta give and take a bit.
bogue270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 09:45 PM   #45
new_path

I’ve always felt very comfortable with gay men as friends, which has occasionally led to hurt feelings because I am straight.

As a submissive and slave I’ve served a number of men, most straight, but I’ve really enjoyed serving a few gay Doms, in part because I enjoyed that were attracted to me even though it was only one way. It turned me on to turn them on, and that one-way attraction allowed me to focus more on my submission to them.

Advertisements
Kink Talk