Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 12-08-2010, 07:02 AM   #1
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Envelope getDare Secret Santa (...if only!)

This won't work/happen. Jus' saying that from the off because I realise that'd probably be the first comment.

Thing is, I wish it could work. The only set-back is needing members' addresses. Otherwise, this would work a treat.

I'm guessing you've all played Secret Santa in your life. Well, imagine it on getDare. Everyone could receive one small kinky gift from a random member, and it'd be a fun community activity to get everyone involved.

So yeah. Bit of a pointless thread, if this aint gunna work, you may be thinking. But I thought we could at least talk about it and potentially maybe even come up with an alternative for the future. Maybe?
Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:37 AM   #2
j2o_orange2
Distinguished Member

Send a message via Yahoo to j2o_orange2

I think it might work, but you would be restricted to people in your country, if you didnt want to spend a fortune on postage.

Im very open to questions and random messages so feel free to PM me.

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard" JFK 1962
j2o_orange2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:40 AM   #3
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2o_orange2 View Post
I think it might work, but you would be restricted to people in your country, if you didnt want to spend a fortune on postage.
It's not so much that - it's the privacy and trust thing. Having people's addresses is quite a big issue when it comes down to strangers online.
Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:42 AM   #4
j2o_orange2
Distinguished Member

Send a message via Yahoo to j2o_orange2

True, true maybe only a game to be played with people you really trust?

Im very open to questions and random messages so feel free to PM me.

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard" JFK 1962

Last edited by j2o_orange2; 12-08-2010 at 10:44 AM.
j2o_orange2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:48 AM   #5
moxie
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

It would have to be some sort of post secrets style thing. You could submit your address to be included anamously and say if you were over or under 18 and male or female. People could then be randomly assigned an address to send something to. They wouldn't know who was getting it just a couple of basic pieces of information.

Obviously, it would defeat being able to get something taylored to the specific person.
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death"
- Patrick Henry - March 23, 1775
moxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 02:03 AM   #6
pranadevil
Distinguished Member

We do this in various forms over on another forum. Both Secret Santa (which I don't participate in, as I'm skint) and CD Swap (which I do, because I can be skint for that one).

In both the member setting it all up sets up a set hotmail account to take in all of the names and addresses (meaning if you don't want your forum name linked with your address, it isn't), then randomly draws an address for each e-mail sent in and e-mails them back.

Generally speaking privacy is kept (Although when people review the CDs sent that gets blown out of the water in general, same with the Secret Santa stuff I'd presume, not that you're required to post a review obviously, though it is nice when someone's taken the time to make the disc, or buy the present), and there's never been an issue to date.

However of course, that forum is mainly wrestling based, so it's almost all men and nothing sexual (well, except when there's some really funny stories), while here a lot of the forum is sexual and so there's more likely to be the odd creep or two who, while unlikely to actively try anything illegal, might still try hanging around and generally acting like a creep in person. So to that end while it's a fun idea, it's the type of thing that, for this forum, I don't think would work that well.
pranadevil is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
christmas, getdare, santa, secret, xmas