Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 11-04-2009, 02:40 PM   #1
Night-1991
Account Banned

Default Holding In Urine Is Dangerous

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/30/co...dio-stunt-dea/ If you don't believe me...read this.

" Sacramento radio stunt gone gone bad will cost the radio station and its parent company $16.57 million.

The survivors of a woman who died almost three years ago after her participation in radio station's KDND "Hold Your Wee for a Wii" contest were awarded the money for a wrongful death suit.

The contest promised to give the person who could drink the most water without urinating or vomiting a free Nintendo Wii video game system.

Jennifer Strange, 28, died Jan. 12, 2007 died of acute water intoxication and while the Sacramento County Sheriff's Department investigated to see if the case was a homicide, ultimately no charges were filed.

The suit was filed on behalf of the woman's husband, William Strange, and their two young children, Ryland, 6, and Jorie, 3; and Ronald Sims, the father and guardian of the woman's oldest son, Keegan, 13.

Strange's lawyers played audio of the show from the day of the contest, and the jury heard a disc jockeys making fun of contestants getting sick."

So i would think twice before doing any Holding Urine dares.
Night-1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:43 PM   #2
greatsayaman
Distinguished Member

It's also dangerous to shove a q-tip in your urethra, put anything in your ass/pussy that's not designed for that purpose, spank, whip, chain, tie up...

I could go on, but...

The woman was insane to ignore her body for that long, though. You'd start feeling severe pain and then numbness all over your body, since the water balance would be uneven. Anyone that stupid kinda deserves it, really.
greatsayaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:54 PM   #3
Justamale

Send a message via MSN to Justamale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night-1991 View Post
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/30/co...dio-stunt-dea/ If you don't believe me...read this.

" Sacramento radio stunt gone gone bad will cost the radio station and its parent company $16.57 million.

The survivors of a woman who died almost three years ago after her participation in radio station's KDND "Hold Your Wee for a Wii" contest were awarded the money for a wrongful death suit.

The contest promised to give the person who could drink the most water without urinating or vomiting a free Nintendo Wii video game system.

Jennifer Strange, 28, died Jan. 12, 2007 died of acute water intoxication and while the Sacramento County Sheriff's Department investigated to see if the case was a homicide, ultimately no charges were filed.

The suit was filed on behalf of the woman's husband, William Strange, and their two young children, Ryland, 6, and Jorie, 3; and Ronald Sims, the father and guardian of the woman's oldest son, Keegan, 13.

Strange's lawyers played audio of the show from the day of the contest, and the jury heard a disc jockeys making fun of contestants getting sick."

So i would think twice before doing any Holding Urine dares.
Wonders where he got that from *Smiles*

But yes it is true.... its been on the news in uk for 2 day or so...... just to win a dam wii!!
stockings
High Heels
Chains
Whips
Nipple tourture
Orgasm denial
Wax play
Breath Play
Hair pulling
And Many Many more

Limits Hates
Sick and Scat
Incest
Justamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 03:24 PM   #4
Powerstrip
Distinguished Member

Send a message via MSN to Powerstrip Send a message via Yahoo to Powerstrip

Wrong. Ingesting the amount of water she had is what killed her. 15 bottles I've heard. She poisoned herself with water.

However, holding in pee isnt an issue. If it gets too much, you'll just wet yourself.

I am looking for a mistress. Please PM me if interested
Powerstrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 03:27 PM   #5
Night-1991
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstrip View Post
Wrong. Ingesting the amount of water she had is what killed her. 15 bottles I've heard. She poisoned herself with water.

However, holding in pee isnt an issue. If it gets too much, you'll just wet yourself.
But she didn't let it out though. She should of been able to wet herself. Believe it's one of the defences the body has.
Night-1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 03:50 PM   #6
Powerstrip
Distinguished Member

Send a message via MSN to Powerstrip Send a message via Yahoo to Powerstrip

If she drank the 15 bottles of water in a short space of time, no her body didn't have time to process it all and filter out the excess to the kidneys and then the bladder.

The water was absorbed into the blood, making the blood extremely diluted and not concentrated with the correct nutrients/blood cells/etc/etc. Thus she didn't have the energy to do the process as there was all this water in the way.

I am looking for a mistress. Please PM me if interested
Powerstrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:01 PM   #7
luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstrip View Post
If she drank the 15 bottles of water in a short space of time, no her body didn't have time to process it all and filter out the excess to the kidneys and then the bladder.

The water was absorbed into the blood, making the blood extremely diluted and not concentrated with the correct nutrients/blood cells/etc/etc. Thus she didn't have the energy to do the process as there was all this water in the way.
That's pretty much right, the issue is not the amount of water she drank, but how quickly she drank it. Once the water is in the bladder it's not a problem, as has been mentioned earlier the amount of pressure you can hold in is far less than the amount that will cause damage.

However, if you drink too much too quickly without taking in enough salt to balance it, water intoxication will become an issue. Interestingly, many of the deaths attributed to ecstasy are for this reason, as it both causes dry mouth and sweating, and a low electrolyte balance.
luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 05:54 PM   #8
RiskyVenture

Send a message via Yahoo to RiskyVenture

I'd do a lot more for a Wii.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:46 AM   #9
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiskyVenture View Post
I'd do a lot more for a Wii.
I'd buy a Wii...

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

BettyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:38 AM   #10
CISS
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via MSN to CISS Send a message via Yahoo to CISS

If holding in your urine is dangerous, I vote for letting it out asap to avoid any danger. That makes for some interesting watersports or diaper dares

CISS

I dare you to PM me for a dare...cause I say so!
CISS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:41 AM   #11
lokelake
getDare Succubus

Well, holding your pee in for too long is dangerous. My dad said you shouldn't hold it in till you start feeling pain.
lokelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:08 AM   #12
CISS
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via MSN to CISS Send a message via Yahoo to CISS

*puts a bucket into the middle of this thread*

So, no more excuses for dying from holding your pee for too long...if you have to go, use the bucket right in the middle of the room (very humiliating, for those who are into it )

CISS

I dare you to PM me for a dare...cause I say so!
CISS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:38 AM   #13
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

I need to pee now.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

BettyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 06:41 PM   #14
Spetzy