Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Request TORD Online

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2012, 04:12 AM   #34
Rose_Angel
Distinguished Member

I'd like to put your question back to you 'Do you think that Dominants and Submissives are separate subcultures, or part of the same subculture? If you think they are different...where do you include Switches?'

Very good question. For this, I'm using the wikipedia definition of culture.

In current usage, culture is that which distinguishes life in one group from life in another group, including language, beliefs, customs, institutions, and physical objects, among other qualities.

With this, I do believe that dominant and submissives, as well as switches, are all part of the same subculture. We all (those of us with BDSM interests on gD at least) use the same 'language' such as sub, Dom(me), Master/Mistress, slave. We have more than titles to go by that we use, we have "scenes" and different types of play such as teacher-student, parent-child, "ice play," "wax play," different types of worship, and so many others. We have punishments, funishments, tasks, and at least on this site, Dares. There are obviously an endless amount of examples, and there is no need to go on. We clearly have the same 'language.'

While each individual is different with their likes and dislikes, we all know of the common things people are into, and different people will have different toys accordingly. But it is still all part of the same culture. We all (the decent ones at least) believe in being safe, as well as needing mutual consent. I don't think there is a way to separate the categories of submissives and dominants into different subcultures. If anything, I would say BDSM players of getDare have our own subculture.

How has your first experience with speaking in third person been?

This girl honestly enjoyed it, Sir.

Seriously, it was fun. It made me feel more submissive than I have EVER felt. I played around with it. "This girl," was used with a happy and playful submissive connotation, as well in the beginning when I took on a dominant role. However, once I became unhappy or irritated with a sub, I switched to using "This woman." I am very glad for the experience.

How did your first spanking in an SM context differ from how you imagined it would be?

Honestly, I didn't have any preconceived notion of what it would be like. I just knew that I wanted to experience being spanked. As I know I've mentioned, my fiance and I started out as a completely vanilla couple, and except for bedroom matters, we still are. Neither of us knew what to expect when we first had a 'spanking session.' It didn't last long, as we were both testing our boundaries. He had never hurt me, and I had never been spanked (at least not since I was 3 or 4 years old). We just slowly went and built up from there. And honestly, we still don't do very much of it, even when we're together.

Have you ever sought to have any of your creative works published? Is it an idea you would entertain in future?

The only one I've ever really considered trying to get published is my play of the Evil Snow White. But, I decided against it. I don't intend on getting any of my work published in general. I suppose if some famous author or publisher came across my work and encouraged me, I would do so. But I really don't write much (outside of getDare).

Oh yea, I have some poems published with the help of poetry.com.... but honestly, I think that everyone who sends in a poem on there gets published in one of their huge books.

Last edited by Rose_Angel; 08-15-2012 at 04:45 AM.
Rose_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk