Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Old 07-18-2011, 10:19 PM   #1
princessjessie
Distinguished Member

Exclamation My Suggestions Regarding Underage S/M

REMINDER! this isnt to victimise anyone in particular so please dont take personal offence

recently on getdare after the new 18+ rule change i have found the persentage of people looking for slave and master relationships has gone up and i am personally getting quite anoyed over how disrespectful people have become with the rules. i feel that people dont care about asking under 18 users for s/m and i think it needs to stop. almost everday i get one or more s/m requests from people all ages asking me to be there slave or mistress and i dont think its fair and i am tired of reporting it. i have a suggestion that might stop people asking underage users for s/m.

i suggest when people log in there is a box that comes on and says "welcome (username) we dare you to enjoy yourself" i was wondering if you could add abit at the bottom that is a small reminder about rules for s/m. something like "please remember that it is against the rules of getDare to ask an under 18 user for s/M" i feel that this will just remind people of the rules and will stop people breaking the rules.

another suggestion i have is for chat. as the moderators have a green picture next to there name on the right hand side list of the chat page, i was wondering if member under 18 could have a different colour just as a pre-warning to people that this user is not 18 and they should not ask this user for s/m.

i do understand that its not all over 18s asking under 18s for s/m, personally i have receved requests from users who are not 18 themselves, i think it is inapropiate.

i also know for a fact some people on getdare have never read the rules and i think they should be forced to read them again (or for the first time) im not sure how this is possible but im sure you will think of a way

princessjessie is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 7 users say Thank You to princessjessie for this post:
Old 07-18-2011, 10:28 PM   #2
Ninjota
Distinguished Member

I think this is a good idea, underage s/m and overly sexual content was the reason for all the huzzah about this site becoming 18+.

I think asking/harassing for under age S/M should be more strictly controlled. While i know most people who get a temporary ban will obviously either come back or leave, i have an idea that might help.

For people who get a temporary ban, in order for them to come back onto getDare after their time expires, they should be made to read an entire list of rules, then, quizzed on them. If they fail, well, then their ban is extended, and they can try again another time, if they fail 3 times, it should be a perma-ban, because obviously they aren't reading the rules.

Just my 2 cents!
If I was your vampire, death waits for no one
Hold my hands across your face
Because I think our time has come
Ninjota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:34 PM   #3
princessjessie
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjota View Post
I think this is a good idea, underage s/m and overly sexual content was the reason for all the huzzah about this site becoming 18+.

I think asking/harassing for under age S/M should be more strictly controlled. While i know most people who get a temporary ban will obviously either come back or leave, i have an idea that might help.

For people who get a temporary ban, in order for them to come back onto getDare after their time expires, they should be made to read an entire list of rules, then, quizzed on them. If they fail, well, then their ban is extended, and they can try again another time, if they fail 3 times, it should be a perma-ban, because obviously they aren't reading the rules.

Just my 2 cents!
its a good idea but im sure someone will post all the answers to the quiz somewhere and ruin the idea and also repeat offenders will know the answers. sure theres another way of making the questions change for each user so like i said its a good idea but im not sure how it will work

princessjessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:37 AM   #4
luvNgrl

I think something does need to be done as well. I think a big problem as I am fairly new to this site is I don't know how old everyone is. A lot of people don't have it posted in their signature and then there's a privacy option that allows for you to not have it on your profile at all. With some people not posting their age anywhere, it's hard to know how old people are. I just don't send messages to people if they don't have their age posted.

So anyways, I think the age of a person must be on everyone's profile somewhere easily visible instead of having a person have to search for it. This may also help with the underage problem.

Submissive of Master Balki

Likes: humiliation, being controlled, pet play, bondage, spanking, anal, orgasm control/denial, light pain
Dislikes: more than light pain, age play, pee/poo control, annoying drivers
Limits: family, illegal, permanent

Toys: rope, vibes, hitachi, anal plugs, suction dildo, lovense lush
luvNgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:11 AM   #5
MasterPain
Distinguished Member

I've been to a site that unless you read and post a certain line from the rules and introduce yourselves, the forum is locked and you cant post on anything...

but its not so much that the 18+'s need to be modded, but that the 18+'s need to use common sense.

but i do have to agree that harsher punishments should be given to repeat offenders
MasterPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:04 PM   #6
CollaredBlondie
getDare Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvNgrl View Post
So anyways, I think the age of a person must be on everyone's profile somewhere easily visible instead of having a person have to search for it. This may also help with the underage problem.
This. Visible age on a profile should be compulsory on a site like this. And the coloured dot thing - that's a good idea.

I once got asked by a THIRTEEN year old to be their slave/mistress. Do you know how disgusting that is when you're 21? I wanted to go and bathe myself in bleach afterwards.

I shouldn't have to stop talking to the under 18ers here for fear of being propositioned. I quite like some of the under 18ers - some of them have more interesting things to say than the folk of my own age.

I am glad that under 18s are no longer allowed to join, but, one look at the ban list shows that these rules are not stopping people. It just makes them lie.

Blondie

23/F/UK
The most fun dare I've ever read: Click me!
I do not give dares.
I do not take dares.
I am not looking for an Owner.
And, seriously, what part of my username suggests that I'm a Domme?!

Any questions? (My 'ask me anything' thread).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophical
<spice girls> If ya wanna be my master, gotta get in my chat, being a wannabe is easy but I think you're quite a tw... </spice girls>
CollaredBlondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:49 PM   #7
slave1987
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via MSN to slave1987

Rather than having something that just identifies under-age members why not have a coloured dot or something next to their avatar that shows they aren't interested in being contacted for s/m or sexual purposes.
slave1987 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
master, s/m, slave, suggestions, underage