Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

View Poll Results: Do you want the blog section to be for posts with real content or kept how it is now?
Leave the section alone, allowing people to post whatever they want 25 75.76%
Moderate the section, removing blogs for signature links and things of that nature 8 24.24%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-23-2015, 02:24 PM   #1
Red
Sona Forever

Default Blog Section

In the past, we tried for a while to keep the blog section free of "blogs" made up of PM dares, likes/limits, asking for dares, searching for play partners, ect.

It is known that people mainly do this so that they can link it to their signature so another option was made, a sub-forum found in the Lounge forum where you can make threads for those different topics and then link that to your signature instead. This didn't really seem to take off as hoped and people continued to post these kinds of "blogs" in the blog section.

Now, I'm setting up a poll to see what the general public of the site thinks about us removing these kinds of posts from the blog section again and trying once more to make it more full of actual content rather than things people are linking to their signature.

Let us know your thoughts, please!
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 02:27 PM   #2
WedgieGary1996
getDare Addict

I don't personally see a problem with them being in blog posts. It raises awareness about the blog future and you edit them all the time!
WedgieGary1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 02:53 PM   #3
Dubs

I generally like the idea and I'd have no problem linking not to my blog but to my signature.

But the main problem I see is the fact that you can only edit your post in this "Signature Links" Sub Forum for a certain amount of time.
Therefore you'd have to make a new thread each time you change your PM Dares or Likes/Limits or any other information, since it is fairly obvious that all these can change quite frequently.

I don't really see a problem with PM Dares and Likes/Limits being in a blog post.
What are the criterias if something is a list of likes, or a detailed description of one's kinks.
Some people also have very descriptive list up there (not me though, but I remember having seen some) which I'd consider a "real blog".

But I agree that asking for play partners and dares in the blogs doesn't make sense and should not be "allowed", if that makes sense.

So, removing such blogs would result in a very busy sub forum, and personally, these blogs don't bother me.

Oh, and I wouldn't "Leave the section unmoderated and let the users post whatever they want."
This is a bit sadly worded.
Moderation is great, but I think PM Dares and Likes/Limits fit in there!

How to gD Chat:

[22:10:51] dare girl567: i find dubs attractive not gonna lie
[22:11:53] sweetsong: i think most do?
[22:12:37] SweetTeen: ‹@dare girl567› ‹@sweetsong› id be gay for him
[22:13:14] dare girl567: ‹@SweetTeen› i feel like he'd be fun to fuck
[22:13:46] sweetsong: what a lucky dubs lol

Last edited by Dubs; 06-23-2015 at 02:56 PM. Reason: ...
Dubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 09:00 PM   #4
Kisune Karnon
GetDare Ninja

I actually forgot that there was a section for posting the likes/limits and pm dares instead of putting them in the blogs. I think it should be at least more noticeable and linked better so that people understand what the area is for.

Male/Married/Straight/Switch/32/190 lbs

Likes and Limits
Toys (So Far)
PM Dares
Utilizing Keywords Version 3
Kik: Kisune22

My goal is to give good dares and receive them because that is how I enjoy the game.
I will send reports when I choose to or if I am asked.
If you give me a repeated dare or a "do your own dare,"
I will be very disappointed because I like to be surprised and challenged.

Kisune Karnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:20 PM   #5
inferiorwhiteboi
getDare Devil

I've had my pm dares as a blog post since the minute I created them. I believe that the original posting date of my pm dare blog predates the forum area where you guys wanted them to go. Anyway, I like having it in my blog for several reasons...

I know exactly where my dare list is, since it's in my blog. As I edit my dare list regularly, having it in the blog makes it easy to edit and easy to get to (sometimes I intentionally do not have my dare list linked in my forum sig).

Also, let's say I'm reading fictional user So-N-So's blog. I see a "PM Dare List" entry, and immediately learn that they have one (versus potentially never seeing it, unless I read lots & lots of posts in the appropriate forum). Again, not everybody has their pm dare lists linked in their forum signatures 100% of the time.

With threads like the "Edit a PM Dare" in the Person Above section, if somebody posted in that thread, then had to edit their dare list afte the next poster made their suggestion, a person can either:
Edit their blog entry, and all links remain happy & viable.
...OR...
Start a new thread post, make changes to dare list, then have to make sure any links get edited. Clearly this takes extra steps.

Bases on the fact that thread posts can't be edited forever, I honestly think that the dare lists are better off being in people's blogs. I can't speak for anybody else, but I probably edit my pm dare list at least once a week. That's potentially a lot of forum posts to be made, versus one blog entry that change as often as needed.

I can't speak to the server space required for blog entries VS. forum posts. But based on how long I've had my gD account, it would be hundreds of forum posts for dare list changes compared to my one lone blog entry.

I'll chime in more on this topic later; subscribing to thread the second I post this.

EDIT:

Okay, theorhetical question: Let's say that, as mentioned in the OP, PM Dares and Likes/Limits get axed from people's blogs. Where does the line get drawn? Do people's entries that are along the lines of: "My Toys", "My Sissy Wardrobe" or "My Whatever List" get whacked too? Because those things are essentially the same type of entry.

Sure, there are people who write fantastic reports about completed dares in their blogs. No doubt.

Another thing that I've used my blog for previously, and am in fact currently using it for, is to keep track of my progress on various thread games, such as the Edge Bank dare or the Spank Bank dare. It seemed to me that editing my single blog entry to keep track was better than potentially spamming a thread with posts.
Bunny says, "Bye bye!"

Last edited by inferiorwhiteboi; 06-23-2015 at 10:48 PM.
inferiorwhiteboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:16 PM   #6
Rose_Angel
Distinguished Member

When I first saw that gD made a section to post likes and such on the forums instead of in blogs, was a very silly idea. Likes, dislikes, and to my surprise as I discovered, even limits can change over time.

People often include their toy lists too, to allow others to help make dares for them. Whenever I've made a dare for someone, I appreciate their updated list of toys.

I used to link to my blog in my signature, but don't anymore as I've retired from online play... however, I do occasionally still update it.

I haven't used my blogs for dare to do lists or such, but I think it's a great tools for others to use, as it is an ever changing process, and there are some who genuinely like to keep tabs on others.

There are still plenty of blogs with great content, and people who are interested in blogs, will be able to determine for themselves which blog posters to follow, and which to ignore if not interested in the content. So my opinion, clearly, is that it's best to let people continue to link things to their signature.
Rose_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 02:37 AM   #7
Siren
getDare Succubus

My issue with the sub-forum for likes and limits etc is the same as above: blogs can be edited forever, forum posts cannot. Is there a way to instead have two sections to the blog area? One for things such as toy lists, likes and limits, and PM dares, and another for reports, musings on BDSM etc. Personally I do find it a bit frustrating when the blog section is clogged up with posts about the former, because although they're useful when daring someone, I'm not particularly bothered about random users' likes and limits, but I recognise that at the moment, there isn't really another suitable area for those posts.

ama / discord / likes & limits

not looking to play with anyone

dislikes: granny panties, sloths, tea.

however much you use me baby come on use me more
Siren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 02:58 AM   #8
naughtylittlegirl

I like Dare's idea, if it is possible to have two sections of blogs. I personally don't mind people posting likes, limits, etc. in the blog section either - I really love it when people post other types of blogs, ones that garner some discussion, but I don't mind the others. I would like the recently posted list to be a little longer, because sometimes it seems like blogs get pushed off the list quickly by blogs that are just likes and limits, but I agree with what others said regarding how much easier it is to use the blog section to post one's info than the threads.

I do give dares, but I am not looking to form any relationships beyond friendship at this time.

I am being mentored by my dear friend Wardell.

About Me/Kinks/Limits

Blog Post Masterlist

Off-Site Blog

My Toybox

naughtylittlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 03:14 AM   #9
Sasahara
getDare Devil

I don't find that there are enough new blogs being posted that I have trouble finding the entries I'm interested in reading, even with the inclusion of likes/limits and PM dares. And I know people appreciate the extra space available in a blog, and its edit-ability.

The search for partners/dares could come out of blogs though. That's what the forums are for!
Sasahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 10:44 AM   #10
LitDarkness
Truth or Dare Zealot

As someone who uses blogs for pm dares and likes/limits and to-dos, I may be biased.

I update to-dos and pm dares rather frequently and you can't edit forum posts after a certain amount of time, unfortunately.

So there would be two options for users if this happens. Keep making other threads and link it every time their information changes leading to multiple threads by the same users and extra work. (This would be used mainly by people who delete off to-dos and stuff.)

Or post over and over on the signature thread, they linked it to. This could get annoying and confusing for people looking at their information.

Especially if they are having to mark what is done and not done in that post.

The forum for this would get busy with changing it and the signature forum well would take over the site.

I do like the two sections of blogs idea. Less "clutter" of the blogs and then you don't have to go through the information to find a "actual" blog.

30/1,603 edges+ 2 more days of denial after edges
Make My Denial Harder
Denial Diary
6,000th post tasks and reports

Likes + Limits
Stuff I Can Use for Dares
BDSM Test Results
PM DARES
Stories & Poems

Spelling or Grammar Mistake: Let Me Know
Help Break My Cursing Habit

Live with people and do not own toys. Keep in mind when daring me please.

Not your bitch and calling me names or trying to Dom me is probitted. Violators will be declared as idiots.
LitDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 10:46 AM   #11
SweetTeen
getDare Addict

Maybe set it that way that posts like those that you link in your Signature or whatever dont appear on the most recent blogs?
Old 06-24-2015, 11:03 AM   #12
inferiorwhiteboi
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKidWithSkills View Post

So there would be two options for users if this happens. Keep making other threads and link it every time their information changes leading to multiple threads by the same users and extra work. (This would be used mainly by people who delete off to-dos and stuff.)

Or post over and over on the signature thread, they linked it to. This could get annoying and confusing for people looking at their information.
I'm in agreement with both of these points.

In regard to posting every time something changes, I'd prefer not to have to reply to somebody and say, "Hey, I don't do that PM Dare anymore. That list isn't current.", each time somebody might see an old thread-based post for pm dares. With a blog-based, always editable pm dare list, I know my list is current, as does anybody that sees the list. Less confusion for all parties involved.

To my earlier point about the "Edit A PM Dare" thread, from time to time I've requested other people to edit their pm dares. I've done this to current slaves in the "PM Slave Until Next Post" thread, to people asking for random punishments as part of posts they've made in the Request forum and so forth. Surely, I'm not the only one that has made people edit their pm dare list like this.

Right now, if you go to the Blogs page and look at the newest blog posts listed (23 in total): Strictly looking at the titles (I have not read any of them) 4 of them are Likes/Limits entries, 7 are pm dare related and 1 is a Rules post. That's more than half of the recent entries (12 of 23). Based on title alone, the rest appear to be Dare reports, essays on topics and other normal blog material.

I can understand why the staff would like certain things moved out of people's blogs. To be honest though, if it was necessary to constantly edit my signature to update links each time I changed a pm dare, wanted to modify my likes/limits or whatever, I'd be dis-inclined to bother even having them. My likes & limits would get permanently added to my forum sig, I'd quit having a pm dare list, and end up with a lot less space to work with in my forum sig. Having a dare list would be less fun, trying to creatively say everything that I wanted to in my forum sig would be a constant struggle against the character limit, and certain aspects of getDare would be less enjoyable for me.
Bunny says, "Bye bye!"

Last edited by inferiorwhiteboi; 06-24-2015 at 11:05 AM.
inferiorwhiteboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 01:26 PM   #13
Gyev

I have few options for that.

1) Seriously, sometimes looking at recent blogs (I read some of them, even though I do not answer) and seeing all that PM stuff is a bit annoying. So I'd suggest as number 1 to create a sub-forum, where every single user (or every single user after writing some posts) will be able to create a topic, and only this user will add responses, as editing may be full of problems. And in signature link to the topic.

2) Leave as it is, but if it will be possible, creating different place where such information about "news" in PM Dares, likes, limits will be shown. I'd say, if it is possible, create two kind of blogs. One for something irrelevant to such a guy as me, who doesn't care about another guy limits, and one for some thoughts.

I would also recommend to create a sub-forum, where people can create a topic that is most bs. I know, there is a Lounge. However, Lounge is usually a forum where you can post topics that are "about anything". Topics like "who will be a president of gD" or "is someone innocent" is simply the most stupid topic and not worth of placing in the Lounge that should be about something which is meaningful, but not related to gD.