Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth or Dare Stories > The Authors' Cafe

Old 02-01-2008, 09:25 PM   #1
Fiendish
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via MSN to Fiendish Send a message via Yahoo to Fiendish
Default Sword of Cracking Thunder

NOTE: This is a story I started writing years ago, but then lost interest. I lost the original document for it, so I'll just re-write it here, with a few tweaks here and there, and using the improved writing style I've developed since then.

Enjoy!

Sword of Cracking Thunder
Written By: Fiendish
Written On: getdare
©2008 Fiendish

Chapter One: the Story Begins

I knew what I was doing. I knew what it meant I had to do. But I also had a very good idea what the future would hold.

Unfortunately, doing what I was doing involved climbing a very big cliff-like thing. I just so happen to be afraid of heights. Oh, and there was nothing holding me up, save my own two hands and my feet. Man, I was pissed off. But nothing could be done now. I had to go onward.

Why this guy lived in the middle of a desert, I don't know. Why he lived on top of this cliff was an even bigger mystery. But mysteries aside, he was known as a great healer and energy worker; a mystical man of nearly limitless abilities. I was hoping one or two could help with what I believed was to come.

It started a little over a year ago. I started noticing what I call the "shadows". These things are, apparently, unnoticed by most people. A few people such as myself notice them, but no one listened to us. They caused nightmares, mostly. At least at first. Then I noticed they started possessing people, made them go crazy. But I also noticed only three or four shadows in this time that were able to possess people, which made me think they varied as much as we do. I'm getting a bit off topic, but the real trouble will start when they infest politicians. Not if, but when. It's bound to happen, and when that happens, chaos is a guarantee.

I had a few friends who could see them as well. None of them noticed the possessions, though, so what need have they to worry? None. One friend in particular was key to my plan, and she wouldn't give in to anything.

I reached the top of the cliff, and then I noticed that there was a nice, easy route on the other side of the cliff. Yeah, I'm a retard sometimes. Ah, well, exercise is exercise. And it seems like he knew I was coming. The first thing out of his mouth, and I knew it was coming...

"You know there's an easier way to get here, right?"

I didn't have the breath to respond. I just climbed a freakin' vertical cliff. He invited me inside, and it was surprisingly normal. I figured there'd be almost nothing, or some strange crap all over... something. It seemed too normal. After a while, he spoke again.

"You come here because of the shadows."
"Yeah," I said, "and I need to ask your help."
"I will not fight anyone or anything," he said, "you know this, everyone knows this of me."
"I know," I said, "but I also know you have other abilities. One of which I must ask, and one of which I wish to ask."
"Ask, then."
"The ring I wear is very conductive to spiritual energy. I also know you can manipulate that energy. I ask you pack as much energy into this ring as possible, and it's the one point I must insist upon."
"You did climb a cliff to get here... how can I refuse such a simple task? What is the other thing you wish to ask of me?"
"I hear talk you are in possession of a very old, very powerful sword."
"And you want this sword, I take it?"
"Not for free, obviously, but I have no idea what you'd want for it."
"I see. Well, I am fond of a particular blue-colored rock. It's fairly rare, even here, where it's most common. Bring me one hundred of these stones, and I will grant your request. I don't have the time to collect these anymore, as my services are in high demand. One hundred blue stones, like this one, and the sword is yours. Go find them, and I'll work on your first request."

I left to find these rocks. And yes, they were hard to find. Took me three days to find enough. But I did find enough. This time, I used the easier way up to his house. I'm not making the same mistake twice. Not this time, anyway.

"You found them rather quickly," he said.
"I have skills like that," I said.
"I see that. Now, ten of these are more than equal in value to that sword."
"Then why a hundred?"
"For the training that must go with it. You can't just puck up a sword this ancient and powerful without training. You begin in one week. Here's your ring." He tossed it to me.
"Holy hell! This thing's glowing!"
"It is a good conductor of energy. More than I thought. Anyway, give it to the one you want to hold it, you're not gonna see anyone for awhile. When you return, climb the cliff as you did when you first came here."
"That makes no sense."
"I rarely ever do."

I left, because I knew exactly who was going to hold onto this ring for me. One person I could trust. One person that would never be swayed.

And her name is Robin.

TO BE CONIUED...
Old 04-06-2008, 08:23 AM   #2
Fiendish
getDare Sweetheart

Chapter one was short. Chapter 2 will be over several posts.

Chapter 2: From the Darkness comes the Light

It wasn't hard to find her. She wasn't exactly a secretive person. I found her at the park while she was taking care of some children. It seems like she knew I was there before I made a sound.

"It's been awhile," she said, "I take it you've seen them too?"
"Yeah, and nothing good can come of this. We can't punch our way out of this one, at least not in the usual sense."
"I know, and that makes me sad. But I'm not going down without a fight, and you know it."
"That's why I came to you. I can't really trust anyone else with this."
"What are you thinking?"
"You need to hold on to this for me," I said as I tossed the ring over to her, "I'll be back for it."
"This isn't a normal ring, is it? Too much power is coming off of it."
"Yeah, I met the Mystic, and asked him to store some serious power in there."
"You went to the Mystic? No way!"
"I did. And now I need to return to him for some special training, something that will let us fight these shadows."
"I should go too," she said, "if it will help us fight these things, I'll go."
"No. You're going to be needed here." It was the truth, she was needed. Despite her small size and her beauty, she was also a formidable fighter. She'd be needed to keep the area free from the shadow's control.

She looked disappointed, but also seemed to realize why she needed to stay. I wasn't fond of leaving her here, having another person trained by the Mystic to fight would be a great advantage- but then there would be no safe area when we returned. The ring would provide enough energy to prevent the shadows from taking people around here, creating a safe zone, if you will. Then I have to hope nothing goes wrong.

"I don't know if this will work," Robin said, "how long will it take you to train?"
"I don't know. All I know is when I'm done, I'll be able to take the fight to them. I'll be hoping that they continue to move at the same pace they have been this past year, then there should be no problem. If they speed up, though... that would be a problem."
"I hope you know what you're doing, Andy. I really do. The sooner you start, the sooner you can get back."
"I'll be seeing you later, then."

We separated then, not knowing how long until we were completely screwed. Hoping I got back before then. Knowing I probably wouldn't. Hoping Robin would lay low and keep out of trouble until I came back. Knowing she most definitely wouldn't.

The only thing that was certain was nothing could ever be the same again.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:40 AM   #3
the_boy

Thumbs up Wow

Wow that is amazing, so good, you have some serious talent. some of the things are slietly confusing, but other than that is is a very good story.

person one: "cake i said, Let them have Cake!!!!!"

person two: The cake is lie. The cake is lie!!!!!
the_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:00 AM   #4
Fiendish
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_master View Post
Wow that is amazing, so good, you have some serious talent. some of the things are slietly confusing, but other than that is is a very good story.
And just think, this makes more sense than most of my stories this early into them
Old 06-20-2008, 05:20 PM   #5
the_boy

are you going to right more?

person one: "cake i said, Let them have Cake!!!!!"

person two: The cake is lie. The cake is lie!!!!!
the_boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk