Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 12-06-2011, 08:12 PM   #1
MysticalMadness

Default Meditation

I know there are many different types and ways to meditate and everyone does it different. I was recommended by my therapist to try meditation, but I have no idea where to begin. I mean, what I do now is listen to soothing nature sounds with soft flute and/or piano. I close my eyes and focus on the music playing and my breathing. Just sitting quietly with my hands folded in my lap. Am I on the right track?

*GASP*! Nonsexual Dynamics? Is there such a thing??
What's the Diff? Ageplayers, Littles, Babies
More Info About Littles
MysticalMadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:03 AM   #2
SilverScar

There are no rules for this, you can use any music you can relax to (sounds of nature, tribal music, classical music, anything what you want :P death metal is maybe not the best choice XD), you can sit in a chair, or lay down on your bed, it's also your choice. First, close your eyes and try to relax your body, your muscles, and then relax your mind :P Try not to think about anything! It can be hard first but you can do it after a while If you cannot do it, think about a nice and beautiful thing, a garden, a waterfall, anything. When I was on therapy, I always thought about an old house or that I'm flying on the sky in a small plane
You're on the right track if you feel yourself much more relaxed and peaceful afterwards.
I'm a 24 years old gay male.
Sorry for my english, I know it's not perfect.

Last edited by SilverScar; 12-07-2011 at 04:57 AM.
SilverScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:36 AM   #3
erick92
Distinguished Member

When I meditate I just sit in the most comfortable position I can (Even if it means laying down) and start breathing in and out very deeply. I don't generally play music as it can get irritating. I try relaxing my muscles, and imagine them feeling really heavy. Eventually I forget my limbs are even there. After awhile I just sort of enter a state of floating. I just feel as if I'm in space with nothing around me, not a care in the world. One tip that may help you is to not think about relaxing, because if you're worried about relaxing then you're not very relaxed!

Hope this helped!

23/M/USA
erick92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:06 AM   #4
Feudal

MM - You're on the right track if you feel some positive benefit from the experience. If not then try and play around with what you do.

Most mediation techniques involve trying to clear or quieten your mind, and there are lots of different approaches using music or silence or chanting to help lull your concious mind into a more relaxed state.

Some eastern technique use focal points for you to fix your gaze onto (a statue, a pebble a point on the horizon) and encourage you to reach out and "feel" the focal point, this is a slightly different approach because rather than trying to directly quieten the concious mind it gives it a specific focus on which to work, to keep it from 'wandering off' onto the dozen of different things that we distract ourselves with second by second.

Ideally after you've meditated you should feel more peaceful, refreshed and positive, it does take a little practice - but is well worth it.

Feel free to PM me - IF you're interestING, not just if you're interestED.

"There is no absolute."
Feudal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:23 AM   #5
wedgielover2

There is no right way to meditate. It's just what works for you. For me, I like sitting still in a busy place and letting the noise wash over me. As long as you feel relaxed when yoou do it, then you are doing it correctly.

Okay: Messy, public
Limits: Blood, illegal, cross dressing, extreme pain
wedgielover2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:01 AM   #6
Glutgod
getDare Devil

Meditation is all about clearing your mind, relaxing, and reaching a state of peace within yourself. When you meditate the best thing to do is just relax.
You need to completely clear you mind, and to do that you must think of nothing. Try to make your mind blank, don't think about anything, you could try meditating in a dark room if it helps.
Lastly if you're looking for music recommendations I'd look at the chill/down-tempo station on pandora radio, though the adds to get a bit annoying.
For us, the storm has passed. The war is over. And let us never forget those who journeyed into the howling dark, and did not return. For their decision required courage beyond measure. Sacrifice, an unshakeable conviction that their fight... *our* fight... was elsewhere. As we start to rebuild, this hillside will remain barren, a memorial to heroes fallen. They enobled all of us, and they shall not be forgotten
Glutgod is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk