Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Dares

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 06:36 PM   #1
theotakuontheblock
Account Banned

World 30 Hour Famine World Vision Dare

Hey guys! I just got this great idea. every year, I take part in World Vision's "30 Hour Famine" event in order to help save the lives of hungry children around the world. so, I've gotten the idea to make a new dare on here about the famine event.

I dare you, to join and/or take part in World Vision's "30 Hour Famine" this year. you can get more information on the 30 hour famine at their website, http://www.30hourfamine.org/

I admit, the first time is hard, but eventually, you get used to the hunger, and trust me, it doesn't hurt to eat a huge meal before you begin the fast.

basically, what you do is on like, a friday or something, at noon, you will begin your fast. you can't eat any food until 6:00 PM the next day. However, you are alowed to drink liquids during the fast. in fact, it is advised that you do, so you can stay hydrated. also, it is advised that you do not chew gum during the fast, because it will actually make feel even more hungry. trust me, i speak from experiance. anywho, at that time, you will break the fast with a huge "Break the fast meal." then, your famine is over. and at this time, you should send your donations you've collected, (if any) to world vision.

i've been doing this for the last 5 years, it's perfectly healthy. anywho, if you sign up for the famine, or join a group near you, then you will get an envoploe that you use to collect tax deuctable donations from people to send to world vision to help world hunger.

it's a really great event, and i hope you all will take part in it this year. thanks for reading! and please feel free to post how your fast whent on here! or to post your opinions on this event here! bye! <3

likes: wedgies, pee, messy stuff, challengeing dares, secluded exhibitionism, bondage, nudity, humiliation, and anime stuff.

F/19/US/16/A

everynight this week that i don't get 8hrs of sleep, i have to ask person above me for a PM dare

i'm an Otaku, so that means i love anime to the extremes! =^.^= and if you don't like that, then tough luck! <3 <(^.^)>
Inuyasha! yea!<3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by theotakuontheblock; 02-09-2012 at 06:46 PM. Reason: I had to fix my gramatical errors. :)
Old 02-09-2012, 10:09 PM   #2
MyOhMy

My out group has a big lock in at our church during this every year! I am glad I see someone from GD is taking part. I'll post how it goes for me, but I've done it for years so...

I'm a little drunk on you, and high on summertime. <3

I AM NOT LOOKING FOR A MASTER/MISTRESS. I AM ALSO NOT LOOKING FOR A SUB. DO NOT PM ME ABOUT IT.

If you want to know about my life, watch this video. I am the girl that starts dancing at the beginning. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWOAtu47fhk

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Old 02-09-2012, 11:02 PM   #3
abc94

How does participating in this help save lives?
Old 02-10-2012, 09:24 AM   #4
SexyBondagegirl
Account Banned

I used to do this with my church's youth group. I wasn't really that hungry after 30 hours. If you can get past the first 2 without snacking your home free. I always found it hard to actually get people to donate though. great cause though.

LIMITS:
Scat/Pee, Real Danger or Pain, Non Discreet Public, Dick Penetration in Pussy (for now), Blood, Anything Permanent
Old 02-10-2012, 12:23 PM   #5
codymich
Distinguished Member

I wouldn't say that it is perfectly healthy. It may not cause any major damage, but there is a reason that you feel hungry. Your body needs nourishment periodically.

Yes, I'm a furry, and I have a fursuit, so feel free to include that in dares!

Kik: codymichGD

My cock length is verified here. Add yours too!
Old 02-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #6
theotakuontheblock
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by codymich View Post
I wouldn't say that it is perfectly healthy. It may not cause any major damage, but there is a reason that you feel hungry. Your body needs nourishment periodically.
Whilst this may be true for som situations, it's not necearilly that relevant. This is because before the fast, it is advised that you eat food that is higher in carbohydrates so that your body will have more energy for it to use. If you eat something like, a micdonalds chease burger before the fast, and that's all you had aten that day, then your gonna runn out of energy. Now, you do make a good point, however, the fast isn't long enough to cause any significatn probloms, and, if food is absolutely necesary, as in, life or death during that time, then there is a safty back up thing. it's no t-bone stake though. the "safty net emergency food" provided is literally what children who are dieing of starvation are given to eat. it's the base nutrients that the body needs to survive, and trust me, it doesn't taste that good. it's like corn meal, flower, salt, and water or something like that.
now, about your point, yes it's true that some damage can occur from fasting, however, for damage to occur, you would need to do the 30 hours of fasting every other day. and world vision says that you should not fast for longer than 30 hours, because it can cause damage if done to long. also, you are aloud to drink liquids. one good one to drink for energy and needed electrolites would be gatorade. it's ckoked full of great electrolites that are good for the body and are a good sorce of energy. but i advise against drinking gatorade 247, because you can have to any electrlights in your body, and that's not very healthy. it's in no way a cure all solution.

likes: wedgies, pee, messy stuff, challengeing dares, secluded exhibitionism, bondage, nudity, humiliation, and anime stuff.

F/19/US/16/A

everynight this week that i don't get 8hrs of sleep, i have to ask person above me for a PM dare

i'm an Otaku, so that means i love anime to the extremes! =^.^= and if you don't like that, then tough luck! <3 <(^.^)>
Inuyasha! yea!<3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 02-10-2012, 02:21 PM   #7
Lucie

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc94 View Post
How does participating in this help save lives?
Good question. I dont really want to attack everything that came from US but I will never understand events like this one.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:26 PM   #8
theotakuontheblock
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyBondagegirl View Post
I used to do this with my church's youth group. I wasn't really that hungry after 30 hours. If you can get past the first 2 without snacking your home free. I always found it hard to actually get people to donate though. great cause though.
I understand, alot of the students in my group each year have this problom. but what I always did, was I would go around my neighborehood, and at my school, and all over the place, door to door, and say "Hi, I'm with taking part in world vision's 30 hour famine, and we are going around collecting TAX-DEDUCTABLE donations to help save the lives of children dieing from starvation around the world. World vison is a non-profit, christian charity that is bent on world hunger, and helping to stop more preventable deaths. one single doller will feed a starving child for a day, 30 can feed a kid for a full month, and if you do decide to donate, then I can write off a recipt for you for your taxes." basically, stuff like that, and, IIt worked almost all thetime. i tell them, that they need to be confedant in what there doing, and know why there doing the famine, and what the famine is for. usually, my group will raise around $1,500 each year.

F/19/US/16/A

Inuyasha! yea!<3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 02-10-2012, 02:45 PM   #9
theotakuontheblock
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucie View Post
Good question. I dont really want to attack everything that came from US but I will never understand events like this one.
I understand where your coming from, a lot of people that the students in my group would ask for donations from, tend to have the same question.
and the answer is, that the actual act of fasting for 30 hours, is not what helps to save lives that are dieing from starvation. that part is simply to help raise world hunger awareness. the part of thease events that helps to save lives is the Collecting of the donations that are sent to world vision, and then used to buy dehydrated foods that are filled with the nutriants that the human body needs to survive, and needs in order to recover from starvation. that food is then packaged at other charity events like "kids against hunger" they're a non-profit organization that helps charity's like World Vision with packing the food. and one package of this food, (which weighs about 1 1/2 - 2 lbs or so, (I can't quite remember) ) will feed a child that is dieing of starvation, three, 3-corse meals a day, for a week. once all of the food is packaged, it is then sent off to it's destination areas (usually by plane) and then distributed there by other world vision workers and other like charity organizations.

That is what i've been told and have read through reasearch and from past experiances working with world vision and kids against hunger. (and please, don't quote me on this, because i'm not an employie for either world vision or kids against hunger, I have vollenteered with kids against hunger many times to help package the food, and have been one of the leaders for a group of about 30 student in the 30 Hour Famine event with world vision for about 2 years, but have taken part in the famine for about 5 years.)

F/19/US/16/A

Inuyasha! yea!<3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 02-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #10
Lucie

Well it wasnt my point exactly, I dont really thing that this help is helpful. In fact I think that charity like this fucked up more things then it tried to make right.

You believe that this is how it should be? That big countries with nothing but sand and rocks and people without education how to farm properly should be over populating so we need to send more and more food? Somalia has the biggest population in history now and its still growing, yet I dont see the climate there changing.

Every piece of this world has limited resources, and everything was kinda alright until the men came and boom lets send food to Africa so they over populate and we need to send more food so they dont die. You know that story about island and cows or horses or whatever animal it was, right?

We do natures work instead of helping people in China or solving civil wars in Africa. I mean its fine that people want to help, but we are helping wrong. Sending food dont solve problems.

Not if you are sending food on special events. I believe that some indians in Mexico who can produce enough food for themselves had bad year this summer so its fine to help them out and wish them good luck to next year, but you cant win war with long lasting famine.

Anyway sending food is easier then moving army and risk own citizens lives I now. Also there is no oil in Africa except one part
Old 02-10-2012, 03:42 PM   #11
SexyBondagegirl
Account Banned

My fav origination is heifer, because they don't send food, they send knowledge and ways to get food. Kind of the give a man a fish vs teaching him to fish.

That being said, instead of finding flaws in this organization we should applaud theotakuontheblock for trying to spread the word and doing her part. Every Non profit has flaws, and some are better then others, but most including this one are trying to do their part to help.

I get where some are coming from and that over population is a problem, but we are quite overpopulated. In the USA tons of resources come from around the world and we could not support ourselves just on US goods.

In all reality, how would you like to be in their shoes and told..."your to over populated, now your gonna starve because if we send food were making it worse."

theotakuontheblock is trying to make a difference here and weather she is working with the best origination or not we should applaud her initiative to try and help.

~Jessica

LIMITS:
Scat/Pee, Real Danger or Pain, Non Discreet Public, Dick Penetration in Pussy (for now), Blood, Anything Permanent
Old 02-10-2012, 08:27 PM   #12
Lucie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyBondagegirl View Post

In all reality, how would you like to be in their shoes and told..."your to over populated, now your gonna starve because if we send food were making it worse."
Well I wouldnt starve at the first place because without any food sent from abroad there wouldnt be so many people and more importantly, there wouldnt be any cartels controling this imported food.

Also its pointless anyway, in fact I would rather die starving then live in Africa. Compared to what partisans do to people there, child dying without food is beatiful image.

And no, we should not applaud to everyone that is blindly trying to help. We should learn from history and think about our actions twice, then help effectively and dont waste time.

But I dont really want to argue here, I have enough of this from my offline life.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #13
SexyBondagegirl
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucie View Post
child dying without food is beatiful image.
Really? What is wrong with you? What are you doing to fix the situation if you don't agree with her methods.?

LIMITS:
Old 02-10-2012, 10:59 PM   #14
Sophia_V

Quote:
Originally Posted by theotakuontheblock View Post
Hey guys! I just got this great idea. every year, I take part in World Vision's "30 Hour Famine" event in order to help save the lives of hungry children around the world. so, I've gotten the idea to make a new dare on here about the famine event.

I dare you, to join and/or take part in World Vision's "30 Hour Famine" this year. you can get more information on the 30 hour famine at their website, http://www.30hourfamine.org/

I admit, the first time is hard, but eventually, you get used to the hunger, and trust me, it doesn't hurt to eat a huge meal before you begin the fast.

basically, what you do is on like, a friday or something, at noon, you will begin your fast. you can't eat any food until 6:00 PM the next day. However, you are alowed to drink liquids during the fast. in fact, it is advised that you do, so you can stay hydrated. also, it is advised that you do not chew gum during the fast, because it will actually make feel even more hungry. trust me, i speak from experiance. anywho, at that time, you will break the fast with a huge "Break the fast meal." then, your famine is over. and at this time, you should send your donations you've collected, (if any) to world vision.

i've been doing this for the last 5 years, it's perfectly healthy. anywho, if you sign up for the famine, or join a group near you, then you will get an envoploe that you use to collect tax deuctable donations from people to send to world vision to help world hunger.

it's a really great event, and i hope you all will take part in it this year. thanks for reading! and please feel free to post how your fast whent on here! or to post your opinions on this event here! bye! <3
It's also more fun than it sounds. I have done it many times... I think about 6 or 7. I do it every year. Like you said, it is hard at first, but once you get past like the 5th or 6th hour it gets easier, at least for me. You don't get the hunger pangs anymore, and if you do they become less and less. Anyway, yeah... I'd definitely say chewing gum is worse. I found that out my first year. I've also figured out that, for me anyway, it helps to only eat a smaller lunch and only have water during the famine. I don't understand why, but it takes the pain from the hunger away more, and juice gives you calories therefore making you hungrier everytime you drink it. For me water keeps me hydrated, but doesn't give me those calories that practically tease my body. Eating a big meal at the end is awesome, but if you aren't careful it can make you sick too. (Didn't happen to me, but saw it happen. The person didn't even get out of the room. I bet you can probably already guess that that particular situation killed my appetite on the spot. LOL.)

Overall it is a lot of fun though, but I have 1 MAJOR piece of advise...
A lot of people like to do a service project with this to help people in their own community as well, but what ever you do I would advise you to NOT volunteer at a soup kitchen or other place where you'll be serving food. I did it once and it was hard as crap to not sneak some of the food for myself.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:05 PM   #15
Sophia_V

Quote:
Originally Posted by codymich View Post
There's someone at my church that wouldn't participate at first, for medical reasons she has to eat every few hours, they have a thing built in for medical conditions, where you can have certain food or whatever without it counting against it...I'm not sure exactly how it works as it doesn't concern me, but I know it's there.

Also, 30 hours isn't really going to hurt you, and you can have juice and even chicken broth, but I do stay away from anything with calories and only go for water as for me the lack of calories while I'm hungry makes it easier.

Of course there's a reason to feel hungry, but if your healthy 30 hours isn't gonna do anything to you. Certainly don't do it if you aren't healthy or your underweight where your body won't have enough to run on, but in all honesty, it's really not that bad and it's only once a year, and if you aren't comfortable with it, just don't do it...That's really all there is too it.
Closed Thread

Advertisements
Kink Talk