Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Old 07-09-2011, 06:32 AM   #1
DarkAndEvil
getDare Sweetheart

Default Mobile Device/Refresh Issue

Well, I'm not sure if it's a device, service provider, or GetDare issue, but with all the technical people on here, I thought I'd ask.

I access Get Dare from time to time on my phone, as I know others do. I have an issue with pages being cached - that is to say I can return to the forum index five minutes after last visiting it last, and it is identical, right down to the timestamp at the bottom. It is more of a pain with PMs, as I can know I've had one, but not get at it without logging out and in. Any ideas? (and yes, I have checked there isn't a "cache pages" option on the phone!)

Last edited by DarkAndEvil; 07-09-2011 at 03:50 PM.
DarkAndEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:01 AM   #2
yours_slave
Distinguished Member

Send a message via Yahoo to yours_slave

What is the phone model you are using to browse the site?

Well, it can be a problem with the site or problem with your phone browser (depends on your phone model) But surely it can't be a problem with your service provider. Caching mechanism is something which do in the client side. If the server pages does not allow caching (they can disable it using meta tags between head tags in HTML) there is nothing to with the phone.
yours_slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 03:52 PM   #3
DarkAndEvil
getDare Sweetheart

My theory was that my phone network might be caching the page at their webserver to cut down on traffic. I've no idea if they do that, but it seemed a fair guess. The alternative is that it's the phone, and I'll have to live with it.