Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth or Dare Stories

View Poll Results: Please pick one for each story.
Try to fully finish AMFME 3 42.86%
Wrap up AMFME 2 28.57%
Forget about AMFME 0 0%
Post what I've written so far 6 85.71%
Try to finish and then post 1 14.29%
Don't post at all 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-16-2021, 02:37 PM   #1
cumcannon

Default Should I post?

Hello getdare.

A lot of you may recognise me from my (unfinished) story 'a message from my ex'. I took a break from writing it and got to a stage in the story where I didn't know what to do next. This has meant that like a lot of stories here on get dare, it has been abandoned. I'm not writing it off, pun not intended, however I can't see myself finding the motivation to continue to write, for now at least.

This leads me to my point, my other unfinished story! Unseen to getdare I started to write a story on my phone in my spare time probably nearly two years ago. I've never deleted it however I did once again lose motivation to write. I don't want it to go to waste, therefore im thinking of posting it to getdare, I just don't want to leave the site with another forgotten story.

Im left with a few options regarding each story:

1) Try continue to write a message from my ex?
If you would like me to try squeeze all motivation I have into a story should I continue this one. I have time over summer to write.

2) Wrap up a message from my ex as a short story?
Try to finish this story in one or two more parts. I have a plan on how to do it. This would mean the end for the story, but at least the story wont be unfinished.

3) Forget about a message from my ex?
Maybe you guys have lost interest after waiting so long, and would like to start fresh with a new story.

And then for my new story:

1) Post it as it is?
I could just release the parts I have already written over a few days, and if you guys like where the story is going then I can pick it up from there.

2) Finish writing it before posting?
Another option is to wait to put it up on getdare. This could mean one of three things. I put effort into it and try get it done as soon as possible to post. It takes months to be finished. Or it never gets finished at all. Either way its one less unfinished story.

3) Finally I just forget it?
I've clearly had a few attempts at writing a full story, and neither of them got finished. Maybe it's time for an early retirement from being an author and just keep what I've written to myself. Shame to waste it though.

Any opinions or feedback on the matter feel free to pm me or reply down below. I'd rely like to know what you guys would like from me as it might help to give me a goal to achieve.

A big thankyou to anyone who has taken their time to take time to read this and a thankyou in advance to anyone who does vote on their choice and even more so to those who give they're opinions.

Finally, if I do end up writing more of the new story, I would like if there are some people willing to act as guinea pigs who I can give my ideas to to see what they think will work best.

Once again, Thankyou!

Advertisements
Kink Talk