Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 07:10 PM   #1
fetish

Default over modding?

Hi all,

The other week my m/s thread got closed because I had apparently bumped without any new information.. Well, I said "back looking now... if anyone's interested." To me, that's new information..

So anyways, I asked why and got this in response.. "
Do not bump your ad again with an irrelevant argument. Bumping is against the rules. >_<"

Well i',m sorry, how is it irrelevant? I asked a question and got no answer. The thread got thrashed..

To me, that's overthetopmoderation... Are we not allowed to question the mods?
Old 08-13-2010, 07:17 PM   #2
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

People who complain about "over modding" are usually those breaking the rules.
If we allow everyone to bump their s/M ads with "still looking" and the like then all the new threads and perhaps more thought out threads get bumped off the front page and ignored. I also have seen people post "still looking" up to seven times on one ad in the space of one or two days.
No one said you cannot question mods, but if you read the rules in the first place it wouldn't be an issue.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

Old 08-13-2010, 07:20 PM   #3
fetish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBoop View Post
If we allow everyone to bump their s/M ads with "still looking" and the like then all the new threads and perhaps more thought out threads get bumped off the front page and ignored. I also have seen people post "still looking" up to seven times on one ad in the space of one or two days.
No one said you cannot question mods, but if you read the rules in the first place it wouldn't be an issue.
So hang on, I questioned you but you said don;t bump with irrelevant arguments. I wasn't arguing. I was asking a question.

Which you still have advised how it's not new information.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:23 PM   #4
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

It is new information, but then again anything anyone can post can be classed as "new information", but it is not new substantial information that's important to your ad.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

Old 08-13-2010, 07:25 PM   #5
fetish

Quote:
It is new information, but then again anything anyone can post can be classed as "new information", but it is not new substantial information that's important to your ad.

Yes it is. It's letting people know that i'm on the prowl again..
Old 08-13-2010, 08:46 PM   #6
sweetsong
getDare Succubus

I saw your ad. You had "bumped" it many times before. Just posting a few words so that it gets to the top of the pile.

Desperation isn't sexy...

siggy made by stellz

[03:54:06 PM] jamness: ‹@G.J.› She... kisses and stuff... shes weird.
[03:54:39 PM] G.J.: ‹@jamness› That seems like normal Sweets to me XD
Old 08-13-2010, 09:04 PM   #7
lokelake
getDare Succubus

Quote:
If we allow everyone to bump their s/M ads with "still looking" and the like then all the new threads and perhaps more thought out threads get bumped off the front page and ignored..
Just because someones ad is better than another's doesn't mean they deserve all the attention.

Also, it is not fair to just have the best ads on the front page. Everyone's ads, good or bad, deserves to be on that front page. Its not like there is a reward for "best ad."

I won't question the mod's actions for moderating the s/m area.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:50 PM   #8
LilAngel
getDare Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokelake View Post
Just because someones ad is better than another's doesn't mean they deserve all the attention.
It definitely does not deserve all the attention, but it does deserve more attention.

Quote:
Also, it is not fair to just have the best ads on the front page. Everyone's ads, good or bad, deserves to be on that front page. Its not like there is a reward for "best ad."
Actually there is. Those with better ads will end up in a relationship faster, and it will most likely last longer as both parties will be willing to listen, communicate, talk, and learn. Those putting more time and effort into finding who they are really after will most likely get them faster.

Quote:
I won't question the mod's actions for moderating the s/m area.
You just did? Questioning something doesn't necessarily include question marks.

Now, I have no problem with the questions raised in the original post. However, preferably next time, you PM a moderator about this and you will get a much more direct response. For now though, Betty's decision stands.

WORSHIPS KANGAROOS
Old 08-15-2010, 03:33 PM   #9
Captain Harkness
getDare Devil

I'v noticed a lot of Over Modding recently. Hence why i'v stopped posting as much. I haven't been bumped but it does seem to me that certain mods are power crazy and have a vendetta against certain people n r punished for the slightest things even if it can only be seen in as rule braking by one person and the majority disagreeing they will still punished. Anyways thats may opinion. I sincerely hope if don't regret posting this xD
Old 08-15-2010, 09:19 PM   #10
lokelake
getDare Succubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Harkness View Post
I'v noticed a lot of Over Modding recently. Hence why i'v stopped posting as much. I haven't been bumped but it does seem to me that certain mods are power crazy and have a vendetta against certain people n r punished for the slightest things even if it can only be seen in as rule braking by one person and the majority disagreeing they will still punished. Anyways thats may opinion. I sincerely hope if don't regret posting this xD
In the mod's defense, I think the over-modding has calmed down a lot. It used to have been a nightmare a long time ago, but I seriously think I helped the mods a lot of how to mod a site. I think it was a team effort of me and blank if I remembered correctly. Feel free to post, the mods aren't as bad now as they were a while back.

Above does not include betty, since she is still new.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:14 PM   #11
Dicedarefan666
getDare Sweetheart

To be fair loke, I wasn't there, but I really rather doubt that you taught the moderators how to do their job. If you were a better mod than the ones we have currently, I bet you would have a funky little moderator sign under your name.

Edit: If any mods agree that Loke taught them all the tips and trick to modding that they know now, I'll happily drop the issue. But until then, I'm going to assume this is the same sort of self-aggrandizement as quoting yourself in your own signature.

Dislikes:
Hard pain - Jacking off - Semi-public - Wedgies

Hates:
Extreme pain - Urine - Full Public - Involving other people

Limits (Will never do these)
Permanent damage - Involving Family - Scat - Involving Animals - Crossdressing - Eating Gross stuff

Last edited by Dicedarefan666; 08-15-2010 at 10:16 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:30 AM   #12
florida87x

Self aggrandizing? Wait, so Loke's post wasn't meant humorously?
Old 08-16-2010, 05:03 AM   #13
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicedarefan666 View Post
To be fair loke, I wasn't there, but I really rather doubt that you taught the moderators how to do their job. If you were a better mod than the ones we have currently, I bet you would have a funky little moderator sign under your name.

Edit: If any mods agree that Loke taught them all the tips and trick to modding that they know now, I'll happily drop the issue. But until then, I'm going to assume this is the same sort of self-aggrandizement as quoting yourself in your own signature.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokelake View Post
In the mod's defense, I think the over-modding has calmed down a lot. It used to have been a nightmare a long time ago, but I seriously think I helped the mods a lot of how to mod a site. I think it was a team effort of me and blank if I remembered correctly.
It started out well and then... no.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:55 AM   #14
Manbearpig
getDare Expert

You know the best way to prevent overmodding? Simply read and follow the rules. One last thing, Loke, you and blank did not lead a team effort to make mods stop overmodding. Sorry, you just didn't. And I am going to lock this now

Will not do: Anal, Messy, Public

Kik:Mbpgetdare
Closed Thread

Advertisements
Kink Talk