Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 04-28-2015, 02:55 AM   #1
fromo
Distinguished Member

Default Ignorance at it's... well... dumbest...

http://www.theblaze.com/contribution...elusional-man/

This link.... this person... the ignorant sods commenting under it... how is it people can't understand there are more then 2 genders? It seems like such a simple concept.
If a valid argument had been made, I would be ok with countering with a valid counter argument, instead, this is just an insult piece from someone who doesn't understand a thing about what he's talking about, never mind the comments that seem to rely heavily on 'god made you that way' logic... got to love the fact god didn't make any of them the way they are, diet did, life choice's did, I wonder how many smoke, how many eat excessively, how many watch tv (not what god would want of course).

Please feel free to rant or maybe even discuss this maturely without taking blind hate, discussion is what makes progress, as does having an open mind. Many CIS people won't understand this too much, but having an open dialogue can only ever work improve things all around.
Will find a vessel in the paleblood moon..."

My Current Add Searching For A Sub:
https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=431569
fromo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 05:00 AM   #2
Jah Brother
Distinguished Member

That's the way the world works, some people will always hate and there is nothi g you can do about it. Best is just to shrug and walk away.
Jah Brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:04 AM   #3
DUBOB
getDare Sweetheart

I don't know what this actually is.

Is this suppose to be irony?

This is so incredibly retarded, that I cannot even understand this.
There should be some sort of IQ-Test before commenting on such things.

I don't care how many genders there are, but I'd say, let people be what they want to be as long as they don't hurt others.

Stupid people are stupid and should be burned in a big pile of people. (okay, this might be a little drastic, but that's just how I feel sometimes )
Old 04-28-2015, 09:12 AM   #4
fromo
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUBOB View Post
I don't know what this actually is.

Is this suppose to be irony?

This is so incredibly retarded, that I cannot even understand this.
There should be some sort of IQ-Test before commenting on such things.

I don't care how many genders there are, but I'd say, let people be what they want to be as long as they don't hurt others.

Stupid people are stupid and should be burned in a big pile of people. (okay, this might be a little drastic, but that's just how I feel sometimes )
Did you get down to the comments? lol, now there is the real horror regardless of if it was meant to be ironic.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:51 AM   #5
A Little Shy

I'm a cis gendered christian (though admittedly probably not in a way that 'Christians' like this guy would likely call a person one) and even I think he's an idiot so yeahhhh.... no. His ignorance is less to do with either of those things and more to do with his own choice to be stupid because it's easier then learning or questioning one's beliefs xD. I'm also intensely sheltered and live in a small town in the middle of nowhere, so not an excuse.....especially the second you start publishing articles about things on the internets :P as said world wide web makes a great teaching tool when one actually wants to learn. I didn't read too many of the comments myself though, the article and the ones I did read made me too sad . It's wayyyy to early in the morning here to get depressed, I haven't even gotten dressed yet

I am also not interested in being someones slave, submissive or mistress at this point in time. Thank you.

If you are still curious my limits can be found here, but realize that I rarely take dares from strangers, outside threads I start or person aboves.
A Little Shy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 02:25 PM   #6
fromo
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Shy View Post
I'm a cis gendered christian (though admittedly probably not in a way that 'Christians' like this guy would likely call a person one) and even I think he's an idiot so yeahhhh.... no. His ignorance is less to do with either of those things and more to do with his own choice to be stupid because it's easier then learning or questioning one's beliefs xD. I'm also intensely sheltered and live in a small town in the middle of nowhere, so not an excuse.....especially the second you start publishing articles about things on the internets :P as said world wide web makes a great teaching tool when one actually wants to learn. I didn't read too many of the comments myself though, the article and the ones I did read made me too sad . It's wayyyy to early in the morning here to get depressed, I haven't even gotten dressed yet
Yup, was a bad way to start my day >_< wish I hadn't read it tbh, I was fuming when I did. Makes me glad for the internet, because at least I can use my voice to get word of ignorance heard.
Hope the rest of you're day went better!

Old 04-28-2015, 03:09 PM   #7
A Little Shy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromo View Post
Yup, was a bad way to start my day >_< wish I hadn't read it tbh, I was fuming when I did. Makes me glad for the internet, because at least I can use my voice to get word of ignorance heard.
Hope the rest of you're day went better!
I can imagine *hugs* hopefully something better happens to balance it out for you . My day so far has been meh because of a migraine but otherwise good. And at least there were some comments protesting and some here remarking on his being stupid, so there is that . I just wish i had something more intelligent to offer to the discussion . As I said, very sheltered here so all i really have is online reading, a couple online friends, and my own opinion formed from that limited experience.

I am also not interested in being someones slave, submissive or mistress at this point in time. Thank you.

If you are still curious my limits can be found here, but realize that I rarely take dares from strangers, outside threads I start or person aboves.
Old 04-28-2015, 03:35 PM   #8
Happy Me

I am not going to click on the link (I will cry, I just know it), but I wanted to leave a comment here for the people who may be looking at this thread who do not fit in the gender binary: My inbox is a safe space. I have seen my share of discrimination and while I can not imagine the struggles of living life in a gender minority, I can have empathy and care. I have done as much research as a cisgender person can do on the topic, talked to tons of people (in real life and online), stood up for you when you weren't around in very hostile situations, and done my best always to represent. I can obviously never know everything, but I do my best!

I was raised by feminist hippies, I was raised to question the binary, I was also raised to believe in spreading loving kindness and support whenever possible.

I grew up into a cisgender woman, and my body is very "feminine." However, I do not fit within our culture's established gender norms for a lot of reasons.

The gender binary hurts all of us, even people who identify as cis, because fitting into the binary still restricts the expectations and natural expression of every single person! Want to be a woman who doesn't shave, and who works on cars? It should all be good! Want to be a man who bakes and loves pink? It should all be good! It is just not, and that is sad.

*hugs to everyone*
Old 04-28-2015, 03:57 PM   #9
atownesq
Distinguished Member

Send a message via Yahoo to atownesq

I hate to bring politics into this, but this is a classic case of "consider the source." Theblaze is the brainchild of Glenn Beck, who is part of a network of right-wing echo chambers designed to appeal to, and to some degree brainwash, the large intellectually challenged segment of society that I can only refer to as the "lowest common denominator."

I'm sad to say there are A LOT of people around here (here being my red state geographic location, not this online community) who would wholeheartedly agree with that article and many of the comments. There are a handful of truly hateful people, but most of them are just ignorant and don't realize they are being used.

Education, life experiences, and exposures to and interactions with diverse groups and cultures is the answer. Sadly, many don't have those opportunities, and they are being used as political pawns.

Dislikes: public, corner time, shaving, exposure, drinking pee, anal, forced bi, writing lines, pics/cam.

Limits: Illegal, permanent/long term harm, financial, vomit, pee hole insertions, blood, needles, involving others without consent.

PM Dares

Toys/Clothes
atownesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 04:28 PM   #10
A Little Shy

@HappyMe: Well said happy me *hugs in return* and I always appreciate a good hug .

@Atownesq: While sadly that may be a big part of it I'm pretty sure many of those commenters will go out of their way to avoid all those things (education, experience with non-Cis gendered people, diversity etc) >.>; and easily can so probably will succeed. They do so not necessarily out of hatred but simply because it's easier and there's always other distractions/personal problems/etc in life, such is privilege. Opportunity only means anything if you can get people to take it.

I mean, I grew up in an environment that lacked diversity and still live there. My experience came only because of a television movie peaking my curiosity and a desire to learn. It would have been the easiest thing in the world to go 'that's nuts' dismiss the issue and leave it there but even if i was raised surrounded by some rather bigoted views those same people taught me empathy too. There has to be a little more than opportunity, a little encouragement to try to love and understand diversity as well. But this is getting a little political and off topic so Ima leave that there. I may very well be wrong anyway, I generally avoid politics like the plague and know very little about them as they tend to upset me

Either way exposure to more diversity is good and needs to be done though, I agree 100% on that no matter how much I rambled on.

Old 04-28-2015, 04:54 PM   #11
eivins
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
I recognize it as an illusion, a sickness, and a burden.
I'm cisgender, but I still find statements like ^^ absolutely disgusting. I've seen articles from the author, Matt Walsh, before. It's not a satire... these are his opinions. Almost anything from the Blaze is bound to upset me, actually.
eivins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:53 PM   #12
LitDarkness
Truth or Dare Zealot

I couldn't get through the article as just wow...

And yes, I'd totally have a sex change for television and as you know, it happens all the time.

Sadly like atownesq's (I don't know how to spell your username.) area, people here would agree with the article.

30/1,603 edges+ 2 more days of denial after edges
Make My Denial Harder
Denial Diary
6,000th post tasks and reports

Likes + Limits
Stuff I Can Use for Dares
BDSM Test Results
PM DARES
Stories & Poems

Spelling or Grammar Mistake: Let Me Know
Help Break My Cursing Habit

Live with people and do not own toys. Keep in mind when daring me please.

Not your bitch and calling me names or trying to Dom me is probitted. Violators will be declared as idiots.
LitDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:05 PM   #13
atownesq
Distinguished Member

Send a message via Yahoo to atownesq

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKidWithSkills View Post

Sadly like atownesq's (I don't know how to spell your username.) area, people here would agree with the article.
We could be neighbors And for the record I agree with A little Shy above, we're on the same page, one's environment certainly isn't the only thing that contributes to this fucked up world view, I was just pointing out that it's a huge contributing factor, and one that can be overcome under the right circumstances.

I tend to take an overly optimistic view of the world and believe that the vast majority of people are basically good, but go read a few pieces from theblaze, new republic, or american thinker (the most ironically named site ever) and I start to have serious doubts. It doesn't help that I reside in a state dominated by those types of idiots.

Dislikes: public, corner time, shaving, exposure, drinking pee, anal, forced bi, writing lines, pics/cam.

Limits: Illegal, permanent/long term harm, financial, vomit, pee hole insertions, blood, needles, involving others without consent.

PM Dares

Toys/Clothes
atownesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:13 PM   #14
LitDarkness
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by atownesq View Post
We could be neighbors And for the record I agree with A little Shy above, we're on the same page, one's environment certainly isn't the only thing that contributes to this fucked up world view, I was just pointing out that it's a huge contributing factor, and one that can be overcome under the right circumstances.

I tend to take an overly optimistic view of the world and believe that the vast majority of people are basically good, but go read a few pieces from theblaze, new republic, or american thinker (the most ironically named site ever) and I start to have serious doubts. It doesn't help that I reside in a state dominated by those types of idiots.
We may be and so do I on the state thing.

I have no hope for the world to be more accepting to be honest. I am pessimistic about the world at this point.

Environment is very contributing. But not all, I agree with you on that.

30/1,603 edges+ 2 more days of denial after edges
Make My Denial Harder
Denial Diary
6,000th post tasks and reports

Likes + Limits
Stuff I Can Use for Dares
BDSM Test Results
PM DARES
Stories & Poems

Spelling or Grammar Mistake: Let Me Know
Help Break My Cursing Habit

Live with people and do not own toys. Keep in mind when daring me please.

Not your bitch and calling me names or trying to Dom me is probitted. Violators will be declared as idiots.
LitDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:27 PM   #15
A Little Shy

Well, one could take the view that because of that no matter what environment one is in there is still the possibility of change, so it's not all bad. ^.^ . I also do agree that most people are by their nature good so would even say that most people want to change for the better, that people want to be loving, good, and accepting...... Most people are just so afraid all the time. Afraid of change, of the 'other', of everything really. Somewhere in the back of our heads, hidden deep in our subconscious, we're afraid that if we change this one thing, this one view about these people who are so different from us, that we will lose ourselves, our values, our personal safety even if we know logically none of that is true. *shrugs*

Advertisements
Kink Talk