Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Bloxo

1. Old Comment

A few words on PM dares + site mechanics

Remember that a 100% response rate is the maximum and ideal. Reality looks different. I don't expect a report when I send PM dares but only to spare me disappointment.

However,I don't send PM dares again to any person I didn't get a decent report. "I did it" is plainly not enough. Everyone can do better.

If you want to be dared, or PM dared, a list of PM dares is a good start. A public list of completed PM dares so far is better. Some piblic reports get my attention and confidence. And then of course if I see somebody participating. If not at all, one more sign it might be a black hole I could waste attention and PM dares, too.
    It also helps to stick with getDare and your PM dares for a while, have them linked in your signature, log in frequently. Though, you rarely get that first attention boost again of right after blogging your PM dares.

Keep in mind, it's not only about sending some PM dares. You'd probably like the srnder to be thoughtful and possibly creative, as well as looking forward to you doing it. So put some effort into it on your side.

Good blog post about PM dares.
  2. Old Comment

I've had reports back from some people. Usually the more active they are, the more likley to report back. It just takes some patience to find these people.

I try to report back (if a simple one, may just be a thank you as opposed to if someone sent a pm dare that fairs better with a detialed report.)
  3. Old Comment

You're right. I don't remember that anyone that I gave a PM dare sent back report. I believe it's common thought - You don't see many reports on "GetDaee Online" forum despite the fact that most people there asks for dares.
  4. Old Comment

More changes

Awesome! Keep on going with it.
  5. Old Comment

More changes

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SilvertongueLyra View Comment
    Nice! Just checked out your channel and you have a newbie subscriber!
    I guess, I would personally like to know more about the differences in a Brit and Polish culture? Maybe the weird and wacky foods they have? Maybe some odd customs that you would be surprised at? Maybe some tourist spots?

I know the Winter Edition Warsaw does point at it, and it's really nice but it's a lot more talking and less visuals, which are kind of the bread and butter of a great YouTube video, especially in the tourism sector. So as you talk about a place, running a reel of examples would be a good idea.
    Thank you for the feedback!
    I’m getting more confident with my videos as I go on, will definitely do more on location shots and am starting to use video editing apps so I can piece together clips and include images soon.
    Over time I’ll build up a decent collection of places for people to see
  6. Old Comment

More changes

Nice! Just checked out your channel and you have a newbie subscriber!
    I guess, I would personally like to know more about the differences in a Brit and Polish culture? Maybe the weird and wacky foods they have? Maybe some odd customs that you would be surprised at? Maybe some tourist spots?

I know the Winter Edition Warsaw does point at it, and it's really nice but it's a lot more talking and less visuals, which are kind of the bread and butter of a great YouTube video, especially in the tourism sector. So as you talk about a place, running a reel of examples would be a good idea.
    Posted 02-02-2020 at 01:36 AM by SilvertongueLyra SilvertongueLyra is offline
  7. Old Comment

Merry Christmas and 1000 post idea request!

I’ll likely be starting this post up tomorrow, so any last minute ideas please let me know

The main theme will be self improvement, but I’ll throw in some kinky stuff for good measure of course haha
  8. Old Comment

Merry Christmas and 1000 post idea request!

Okay...I have my first partner in crime for my thread!

Katie S...

There will be keywords related to her in my post...

For example:

Katie mess - Katie gets to pick a messy item and what I do with it (cumulative until the end of the thread)

Katie punishment - Katie picks a non messy punishment for me to add to the dare

On the other hand

Punish Katie - I get to pick an action for a dare I give her...

This may be further embellished when I create the post...

If any other girls are up for joining this then please let me know on here, by PM or over Kik
  9. Old Comment

Changes for the better

I wish you strength in your goal to stay smoke free. Dont ever apologize for not having time to be here. Enjoy your life!
  10. Old Comment

Changes for the better

Wow, exercise, stopping to smoke, reading. Sounds all awesome. Stick to that path. I wish you all the willpower you can muster, and more.
  11. Old Comment

Gunge Well Village Game Mechanics

Gunge Well Village underground

If your character has found an entrance to this place...they may be in a bit of trouble...this is where the staff live...they appear to have quite a different life than above where they are quiet and directional...

Here they drink, they gamble...they like a show...and some other more extreme aspects of life...

There are entrances hidden throughout the Village...and maybe even outside...

The mechanics and new Job locations:

To enter the underground a player must have discovered a hidden entrance...each player must find their own entrance, they are DNA coded upon use.
    Discover secrets of Gunge Well by Exploring the Village!

You can enter the Village and leave whenever you like...unless you are in the Dungeon...

Gambling Pit: Welcome the new feature, gambling!
    You can bet any amount of Cash or items...

To gamble you need to approach the gambling table and state your wager, we will play Battleships online or a game of your choice...

If you win, you double your cash and can either double or exchange your items for something of equal value...

If you lose, any items you bet will be used against you, if only Cash you will lose said cash and have to work harder to earn more!

Dungeon: For any members that have wantonly upset the Mayor or the guards risk the chance of being thrown in the Dungeon...this means 3 post worth of tasks...and they may be pretty heavy...
    So It ends with you receiving 3 posts worth of tasks, these can be any combination within your limits
    This place is for those village members who really cause a lot of trouble!

£60 Cash payment for a day (if there voluntarily)

You can volunteer at the Dungeon...if you wants to appease the staff...who enjoy seeing a good show...You work for a day and get an extreme task, this cannot be combined with other jobs.

The Slime Dome!:
    This job will mean extreme messy dares

£40 Cash reward

The Classroom:
    You go back to school, for dares that you want to do while studying, or want a subject to study on and write a report on, School Attire will be required for any dares in this job

£15 Cash reward

The Grand Office:
    Want some serious repetitive tasks with a few extra areas of difficulty...this is the place to come...but be warned...it could be harsh...

£20 Cash reward

Entertainment Centre:
    Looking for a dare to do during recreation? Come here...whether it be watching TV, playing on the Computer...whatever you like to do, come here...it may be harsh, but that's fun right?
    Please work into the dialogue the kind of activity you seek a dare for...

£15 Cash reward

Daycare:
    Looking to be a bit childish? Go to your roots and act out...properly get a bit messy and embarrassed...wear diapers, use bibs...whatever is required

£20 Cash reward

The Experimentation room:
    Expect a lot of pleasure and pain in this room...you will be poked, prodded, stretched...and pleasured...maybe clamped and bound...

£40 Cash reward

Women's/Men's Quarters:
    Think of this as a gym/sleeping area, expect exercise or sleep related dares

Entrance halls are manned by a guard, expect to be tasked upon entry...

£15 Cash reward

Job update: Combine more than one job in a day to earn more money and a more varied task!
    Updated 10-03-2019 at 02:08 PM by Bloxo
  12. Old Comment

I have updated the Arena Mechanics:

https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthre...94#post3793494

Please read for more details.
  13. Old Comment

Your house/room:
    The lodgings you have are well equipped, there are toiletries, bath/shower, bed, normal furniture, an iron, a washing machine/tumble dryer...anything you need for everyday life

Eating: the restaurant puts out a buffet at 12 and 18 for the guests so they don’t starve..

Interaction: feel free to interact with other guests in the village, but you can only give them dares/make them messy if in the arena or they have been put in the pillory, you must also have purchased messy/implement items from the store to make them use them

Work: at each work place a guard directs you to your task
  14. Old Comment

An update and an apology

I'm sorry to hear that you've come back with some hard times, but like I said to you when I saw you earlier... I'm so happy to see you back! I hope things work out for you one way or another <3
  15. Old Comment

Games!

Yay, hurray for games!
  16. Old Comment

Trials and tribulations

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Butterfly View Comment
    I am really sorry you had such a rough time with this woman. However, and maybe this is going to sound harsh, but I think it is really unfair to say that women just want to manipulate you. It may feel that way at the time, but there are good women out there.

I really hope you can take the time you need to recover from this and that you have better luck next time.
    I agree that sweeping statement was over the top, but I have had several negative encounters in real life so far, there have been some good encounters...but the negative has outweighed the positive so far in my experience...
    Still I learn from each one, watch for the signs and grow stronger, adversity can help us to grow and I try to keep a positive outset whenever I meet someone new, I can be a very trusting person as well as understanding...sadly those traits are easy to take advantage of.
    But I’ve not given up
  17. Old Comment

Trials and tribulations

I am really sorry you had such a rough time with this woman. However, and maybe this is going to sound harsh, but I think it is really unfair to say that women just want to manipulate you. It may feel that way at the time, but there are good women out there.

I really hope you can take the time you need to recover from this and that you have better luck next time.
  18. Old Comment

Random 2am post

So firstly, have you ever swallowed something by accident?...

Actually when I was a little kid I swallowed a small nail. My mother was concerned so she took me to the hospital and it showed up clear as day on the X-ray. They didn't do anything special except to say watch for complications. It either went all the way through or dissolved. I guess metal might start dissolving in the stomach acids but maybe not plastic?

Well anyways nothing happened and it's been a long time.

Since this is a dare site I do not suggest anyone try this.
  19. Old Comment

Girl Power!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kifla View Comment
    I would say, to begin with, wall messages and private messages should be DISABLED by default, and when you feel more risky then you can enable them and get your inbox be filled by thirsty "doms". That will eliminate a large portion of the harassment.
    I think in 6 years that I have been here I have had maybe 1 or 2 wall messages posted by "thirsty doms". Also I dont think the solution is for girls to disable those features. Instead the people abusing those features should be making a change.
  20. Old Comment

Girl Power!

I would say, to begin with, wall messages and private messages should be DISABLED by default, and when you feel more risky then you can enable them and get your inbox be filled by thirsty "doms". That will eliminate a large portion of the harassment.
    Updated 03-14-2019 at 04:46 AM by Kifla
  21. Old Comment

Random 2am post

You know... Depending on your perspective this could be one mans story about an intimate adventure with his button. I hope you two are closer than ever.

I'm with you on the football front. Catan is a great game. If you have too many people (well, atleast 7) You could always play something like werewolf which is a lot of fun with a big group.
  22. Old Comment

Random 2am post

Hope you finally got to sleep and slept well.

Sounds like a great week!

(Sorry, I know this is a lame comment, but wanted to show my appreciation for your post but didn't have much more to say :P)
  23. Old Comment

Girl Power!

I agree with Butterfly on the most part. I have no idea if we could even clean the idiots out and some people do learn. (Not much but 1% of idiots do learn.)

Girls just get harrased too much and I think it does scare some people off.

As for more dares on guys, there are just more guys here with means by default dares for them will dominate. But, I do agree we can think of girls when posting dares too.

I know I make many more threads towards males and I do agree, I should start keeping females in mind when making threads.
  24. Old Comment

Girl Power!

I honestly couldn’t have said it better than butterfly! Lovely blog though! Totally agree, and I’m not sure if it will ever change but it’s moments like these that start and spark change!
  25. Old Comment

Girl Power!

So for me, I don't participate in dares or even threads a lot of the time, but not because they are more male oriented, rather it just really isn't what I am into. I have my play partners and I don't typically do dares from random people. Sometimes when I feel up to it, I will give out dares to others.

However, the part I find most important in your blog is this:

Quote:
    Send positive messages to women, respect when they don’t respond to you, respect when they say no to something, read their limits carefully.

People aren’t tools for your personal enjoyment...well most anyway, I know there are some who do crave that...but let’s for arguments sake be more considerate, more understanding and more thoughtful!
    I think the biggest deterant for females on this site is the lack of respect from some male members. Thinking that we are here for their amusement, whether that means they want us to use and abuse them, or they assume that they can use and abuse us at first contact.

I also know this is controversial but I think another thing that needs to stop is accusing girls of not being female and demanding proof right away. Why don't we have the right to have fun while still remaining anonymous or private?

I think changing some of that behaviour would be a giant step to making females feel more comfortable. However, I don't know if that will ever change. We just need to be willing to wade through the idiots to find those that are diamonds in the rough.

But I do thank you for writing this blog and trying to make efforts in this area.