Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs

Old

D/s: Who has the Power?

Posted 06-17-2015 at 10:06 AM by techiegirl (Memoirs of a Dork)
Tags kinky, rants, techie

Now, some people will say, "Dominants have all the power in a scene. They are the dominant for a reason. *Cue eye roll*"

Some people will say, "Dominants only have power because the submissive gives it to them. *Cue condescending laugh*"

Reasons can be made for both sides of the argument. The sub can end the scene with a word (because safe words are important!) but then again, so can the dom.

The sub is the one giving control to the dom,...
Distinguished Member
Posted in Kinky
Old

Fear is the Worst

Posted 06-16-2015 at 07:10 PM by techiegirl (Memoirs of a Dork)
Tags rants, techie

And no, I'm not talking about the brief adrenaline rush you have when someone jumps out and scares you. And I'm not talking about the anticipation you feel when you know you're about to be punished.

I mean the fear you have at 3am when you hear something creak in your silent house and you're suddenly very aware of every move you make. The fear that makes you remember every terrifying movie you've ever scene. The fear that stays with you and leaves you unsettled for days.

Distinguished Member
Posted in Personal
Old

Bdsm 101

Posted 06-16-2015 at 12:44 PM by techiegirl (Memoirs of a Dork)
Tags bdsm, kinky, rants

Keep in mind, these are my thoughts, my own opinions. Take what you will from it, disagree, agree, doesn't matter. These are the rambles of me, not you.

So, BDSM can stand for different things, but I have only heard two variations.

Bondage Discipline Sadomasochism

Bondage Dominance Sadomasochism

There are probably more variations, but I'm going to stick with the first one. I read somewhere this great analogy that I've always really liked, but...
Distinguished Member
Posted in Kinky
Old

How to Love a Broken Woman

Posted 06-14-2015 at 07:26 AM by techiegirl (Memoirs of a Dork)
Updated 06-14-2015 at 07:32 AM by techiegirl

This is roughly based on a post on fetlife, which has now since been deleted. I don't know who the author was so I cannot source them.

I use broken as I way to describe how I have felt. Yes, I suppose it is a negative thing, but the girls I am talking about probably feel negative right now. I say probably, because there are good days and bad days. I'm not trying to speak for everyone, these are just my thoughts conveyed in a way that is easier for me to write. I am one of these broken...
Distinguished Member
Posted in How To's
Old

Doctor Appointments Are Never Fun

Posted 06-13-2015 at 12:05 AM by techiegirl (Memoirs of a Dork)
Updated 06-13-2015 at 12:08 AM by techiegirl

You wait for like thirty minutes before you actually see anyone and the entire time you're nervous about everything and what kind of news you might get, what sort of results.

And if it's something bad, they tell you so much stuff so quickly and you're left in kind of a dazed state while they throw just all these facts and reasons at you.

Then they might give you options on what they think might be a good way to handle the situation, but then they ask you to choose and you...
Distinguished Member
Posted in Personal
Old

How to be Poor and Kinky

Posted 06-10-2015 at 04:06 PM by techiegirl (Memoirs of a Dork)
Tags money, rants, techie

So, recently I've discovered that a lot of people (mostly doms, but some subs as well) don't think they can be a good dom unless they have enough money to buy their partner things.

Not saying that everyone feels this way, and you definitely shouldn't, but I know a lot of doms that have felt almost pressed into buying things for their subs. So, anyone struggling financially can sometimes feel as though they aren't good enough doms.

This. Is. Bullshit.

Let me...
Distinguished Member
Posted in How To's
Old

How to deal with Brats

Posted 06-09-2015 at 06:16 PM by techiegirl (Memoirs of a Dork)

If I hurry, I can finish this before IceMaiden posts her version. Take that!

Now, I talk about this in my How to be a Brat post, but this is more advice on how to dominate a brat, from a brat's perspective.

For simplicity, I won't write my advice as vague, in my opinion sorta things. I'm going to essentially talk about how I like being dominated and you can use that as a comparison for how you dominate others.

So, disclaimer: These are my opinions and are...
Distinguished Member
Posted in How To's