Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Lokelake's I don't know

Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.

What's it Like to be "Sexually Hidden"

Posted 07-22-2010 at 06:46 PM by lokelake

This has been on KinkTalk for a while now, so I think it is fair if everyone gets to read it instead of just 18 and overs.

The part in quotes may not make sense but we shall see I guess.

All throughout school my parents did not want me to learn anything that is sexual related. When a sexual subject was coming up, I would be taken out of class (pretty cool though ) And I was told by my parents to not look up anything that was sexual online. So, that is why it took until I was 18 on getdare to know and learn about sexual things. Things like, boner, masturbation, cumming, stroking, sex toys and more.

Throughout my years (18, 19 and 20) I continued to know and learn more about sexual stuff because of getdare, and I will probably not know everything sexual until later on in my 20s, but who knows.

There, so now when you all say to me, "loke, people as young as their early teens already knows about sexual things," well good for them, but now you know why I didn't know any of that stuff.

Heck, it took me until I was 19 or it could have been 20 to actually know where babies come out from. All thanks to a movie, but, they didn't actually show it, the camera was just so I could get a clear picture of where they come out from.

Of course, now people may get at my parent's case because of what they did to me pertaining to sexual stuff. They made the right call. They are right when they said, "early to mid teens is too young to learn about sexual stuff."
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 22147 Comments 52
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 52

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lokelake View Comment
    Because, not teaching a young person sex is normal.
    Just wanted to make one comment about what you said loke....

When children start asking questions..... they aren't going to stop until they get answers. The will ask anyone whether it be family, friends, or teachers. They will find out...whether it be a good version or a bad version.

It's better as a parent to answer their questions with the best age correct response then hide then away from it.
  2. Old Comment
    I agree with Disney! I have had kids at work ask where babies come from. Instead of guessing what their parents might say, we just tell the kids to ask their parents. Then we write a note to their parents saying their kid asked that question and we told their kid to ask them. It's kind of like a heads up so they know what's coming and can figure out what they are going to say.
  3. Old Comment
    100 points for Krystal.
  4. Old Comment
    Ok Lokey boy listen up. Not everything your parents do and say is right...Keeping you hidden away from all that stuff for so damn long was/is bad for you. Basically parents keeping this so hidden from you so long and all. Teens are learning this stuff younger and younger. It's natural, healthy, and perfectly good for the body and mind to know of it at the right time. For you it was kept too long. 18 is a bit too old to be kept in the dark about what a vagina and penis do and all....
  5. Old Comment
    Just a random fact: Teens who took chastity pledges were more common/likely to have unwanted pregnancies, have sex at a younger age and have more sexual health issues such as STIs than those who were given sexual health education and who did not take the pledge. They also felt more guilt and regretted sex more than those who did not take the pledge. Random, I know, but the reason I brought it up was because it just shows what ignorance can/may bring.

My mother taught me all about sexual education in stages,at the what I believe to be, the right ages for me. I, unlike some my age, abstained from sex for a long time and didn't have sex till I was absolutely sure I was in love with the person I was with and was comfortable and sure what I was doing was right. I don't regret any of that one bit and I stayed healthy (no unwanted pregnancies, scares or STI's for me).

Since I work with children, I think this may also be valuable. We, as early childhood educators, are allowed to disclose some information about sexual health. At some young ages, children (mainly in there preschool years) begin to masturbate not realizing exactly what it is (its not a sexual thing for them) because it feels good. We have the full right to tell the child that they may "self pleasure" on alone time at home. We do not embarass the child for what they have done because it is healthy and it causes guilt and shame which is bad for their health (increases levels of cortisol).

Parents shouldn't be afraid of teaching their children about sex because it is actually better to educate than for children to explore and not realize it may be a mistake later down the road.

Lecture done.
  6. Old Comment
    @keykitty and this could be @any number of you

And I will respond to the rest f you in time, I am just lazy!

Just because a young person did not learn about sex until way later on as they approached 18 does not mean they are at greater risk of getting into trouble and into bad things than those who were taught it at a young age. Actually, those were are taught at a young age, is more prone to get into trouble and what not because now they know the knowledge so early on, so now they will be temped to have sex and other acts at a much earlier age.

I am willing to bet, only a fraction of the people who were not taught at a young age actually did get into trouble.
  7. Old Comment
    Quote:
    @keykitty and this could be @any number of you

And I will respond to the rest f you in time, I am just lazy!

Just because a young person did not learn about sex until way later on as they approached 18 does not mean they are at greater risk of getting into trouble and into bad things than those who were taught it at a young age. Actually, those were are taught at a young age, is more prone to get into trouble and what not because now they know the knowledge so early on, so now they will be temped to have sex and other acts at a much earlier age.

I am willing to bet, only a fraction of the people who were not taught at a young age actually did get into trouble.
    O.o You are completely turned around there Loke. Children with PROPER knowledge are less likely to get into trouble, than those that are ignorant and are only taught abstinence. I've met kids that had no idea contraception existed or of STI's, not tell me how someone is safer being ignorant of either of those.

Sex is perfectly natural and beautiful and everyone is ready to experience when they are ready. It's the responsibility of everyones parents to teach an guide their kids, so they are prepared to make that decision responsibly.

If you are not prepared to talk to your kids about anything sexual when they begin down the path of self discovery, than I will flat out say they are not completely fit to be parents.
    I'm sorry but its true, any parent that says "They'll learn it on their own, I'm not going to teach them about that." is an awful parent. They are not mature enough to have kids.

Censorship has PROVED time an time again to be an awful teaching method. Why? Because it flat out doesn't teach anyone anything. It's how people get in trouble, it's how people get taken advantage of. It is flat out wrong.

"You don't need to learn that now." Is never a sentence that should pass any parents lips when their child comes up to them asking a question. Whether that question be "How does a car run?" or "Where do babies come from?"

And if you want more proof that censorship doesn't work. Look at statistics for sexual educated countries.
  8. Old Comment
    I applaud you Krystal. I was waiting for someone to say that.
  9. Old Comment
    Alright how about this. I will ask my parents about when kids should learn about sex, and I will tell them what you all have been saying. Should be interesting. You all will hear the brilliant wisdom of my dad. I will ask him, not my mom. My mom (not being mean here) is not as smart as my dad.

You all better get ready to be blown away. Better fasten your seat belts super ultra tight!
  10. Old Comment
    Are you for serious, Loke? I mean, seriously? O_o
  11. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sweetsong View Comment
    Are you for serious, Loke? I mean, seriously? O_o
    He clearly isn't.

Loke...

You all better get ready to be blown away. Better fasten your seat belts super ultra tight!

Your dad can say what he likes. It won't be factual or "right". Everyone is different. Everyone has their own thoughts. If everyone did the exact same thing, the world would die on its arse. There is no "right" or "wrong" time to tell children about sex etc.
    Posted 07-26-2010 at 06:28 AM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
  12. Old Comment
    Sweets I think he is serious O.O
  13. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by keykitty View Comment
    Sweets I think he is serious O.O
    Yes, I am serious.

@doctor

There is an age that young kids should not be taught it and you will know the reasons behind it once after you hear my dad's wisdom.
  14. Old Comment
    I won't care for your dad's "wisdom".

I'll retain my own opinion, thankyou very much.
    Posted 07-26-2010 at 08:49 AM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
  15. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Doctor View Comment
    I won't care for your dad's "wisdom".

I'll retain my own opinion, thankyou very much.
    And I won't care about your opinion, Thank you very much.
  16. Old Comment
    You don't actually have to care about my opinion. But it's still valid.

Stop making your dad out to be this Factual God who we all should believe. We all have opinions. Your dad has his, you have yours, I have mine. If everyone believed the same, it'd be shit. Free will, free thoughts. Individualism.
    Posted 07-26-2010 at 09:00 AM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
    Updated 07-26-2010 at 09:08 AM by Slenderman - Doctor
  17. Old Comment
    What I am saying is, your opinion may change after hearing what my dad said about it.
  18. Old Comment
    It won't though. I'll respect his opinion, as everyone's opinion is valid, but I'm sticking to my own. Especially on this subject.
    Posted 07-26-2010 at 09:38 AM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
  19. Old Comment
    Yeah, if we all followed your dad's advice and waited until people were in their twenties and then just kicked them out to figure life, sex, and everything out on their own after being completely sheltered, the world would be filled with....

Well....

A bunch of Lokes. (:

I'm happy to not be a "Loke" and it seems many others are also. (:

Though your troll-like nature can be rather comical when it's not irritating.
  20. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sweetsong View Comment

Though your troll-like nature can be rather comical when it's not irritating.
    I am not trolling, lol.

I am normally conversing. I just have a tendency to kick it up a couple of notches.
  21. Old Comment
    Quote:
    There is an age that young kids should not be taught it and you will know the reasons behind it once after you hear my dad's wisdom.
    Loke, doesn't your Dad not believe in global warming and says he can prove that the world was created in 7 days? If you want to follow your dad, that is your choice and no one is going to stop you. However, to just listen to him with out forming your own opinions or doing your own research is kind of silly and stupid.

For example. My dad is a Republican. He can tell me all he wants to on how the Democrats are evil and that they will ruin their economy. However, I can do my own research and see if I agree with him. I don't. He isn't going to be mad at me for having a differing opinion. In fact, he will be happy I took the time out of my life to research something and form an opinion, whether he agrees with me or not.

And the other side, he could say Jay Leno sucks because his jokes aren't funny. I could expand on it and say he sucks because he took Conan's spot and his joke's aren't funny. The same thing will happen.

If you want to say something that I don't agree with fine. But just repeating what your parents say because you think that is the word of God is not the way anyone should handle arguments/disagreements.
  22. Old Comment
    Well, I am not well versed in politics, so I cant comment when people starts to throw politic at me. I know you didn't throw much at me, but even what you did, I cant respond to it, lol.

Some stuff I don't agree with what my parents. But some stuff I do. just happen to agree with them on the sex stuff,
  23. Old Comment
    Maybe it is just me but if you agreed with the sex stuff I highly doubt you would have a reason to be on here... just sort of occurred to me xD Everyone's opinion is valid and I'm not saying you are wrong but more pointing to what I believe is proper and that is what everyone else is doing. Also MBP was just giving an example...he wasn't trying to throw politics around <3
  24. Old Comment
    Yes, what I was saying is we have different backgrounds but that doesn't make us mortal enemies...
  25. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Yes, I am serious.

@doctor

There is no good reason, moment a child is genuinely curious about something, they are going to pursue that till they get some knowledge on it. Right or wrong, they wont stop till their curiosity is satisfied. And just telling them they're to young to learn, isn't going to do it. They want to know, they'll want to know what it is they can't know about it. Its human nature. And unless you stifle their young curiosity just to stop there pursuit of knowledge (which would make you the worst person on earth), but short of that they're going to seek out that knowledge. And saying a child is too young to learn about something that is completely natural is i'm sorry but just completely retarded.

If you're a good parent you shouldn't have to hide any information from your kids, you should be able to raise them with the knowledge and raise them to handle that knowledge responsibly. Whether responsible is in your opinion abstinence or safe sex practice. To hide knowledge from your kids flat out means you don't trust them. and if your kids aren't trustworthy to their own parents, well i'm sorry to say its the parents fault