Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

My Life isn't Perfect!

Posted 07-10-2018 at 12:39 PM by Butterfly

Yesterday I was chatting with a friend. They were telling me about their struggles and how they have been down in the dumps lately. As we talked, I said that I understood some of the feelings that they were experiencing. Their response was that my life was perfect, so I couldn't possibly understand.

I know that I have a lot of great things in my life. I have a loving husband, a great group of best friends, a stable job, lots of opportunities to experience the kinky sides of my life, etc. I really am blessed to have so much love and fun in my life.

However, my life isn't all rainbows and glitter. I have my own struggles. I have my own demons that I fight. I don't want to go through and list specifics, because I really do want to try to focus on the positive, but I have anxiety, I battle self harming I have financial worries, I have experienced loss, I have family drama and work drama and emotional scars from my past. I am not perfect and I do not live the perfect life.

I try really hard not to hide my pain and scars. I blog about my struggles, and the things that don't go right. When somebody asks me how I am, I try to give an honest answer rather than just saying "good" or "fine". It is too easy for people to see this facade that you put on and believe that everybody around them is perfect and happy, when in reality, we all struggle.

So no, I don't live a perfect life. I have many reasons to feel blessed and happy and loved, but I have struggles too. And that is ok. Because I am only human!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 693 Comments 3
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Life is real and you are honest...
    We all have our own battles and struggles but respond uniquely to them.
    Stay strong and beautiful...
  2. Old Comment
    Sometimes it is a bit easy to overlook the issues you have because we see an (almost) always happy Butterfly. If it wasn't for keeping up with your blogs, I think I'd be under the impression that things rarely go wrong for you. But, that's because you (almost) always come off as so happy, friendly, cheerful, and courteous. Everyone loves you.

That sense of "YAY! She's here! The room just brightened!" that individuals like you give off tend to make others feel that life shines on you.

That isn't a bad thing. I consider it a nice gift. Those people like you who shed that sense truly do brighten the atmosphere of a room. Most people don't seem to have that sort of aura about them. Even from my strongest friends, only one or two of them could brighten things the way you do.

At least, that's how I perceive things...

But yes, bad things do happen to you, too. No one leads a perfect life. We all just need to learn how to make better lemonade.
  3. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Butterfly
    Yesterday I was chatting with a friend. They were telling me about their struggles and how they have been down in the dumps lately. As we talked, I said that I understood some of the feelings that they were experiencing. Their response was that my life was perfect, so I couldn't possibly understand.

I know that I have a lot of great things in my life. I have a loving husband, a great group of best friends, a stable job, lots of opportunities to experience the kinky sides of my life, etc. I really am blessed to have so much love and fun in my life.

However, my life isn't all rainbows and glitter. I have my own struggles. I have my own demons that I fight. I don't want to go through and list specifics, because I really do want to try to focus on the positive, but I have anxiety, I battle self harming I have financial worries, I have experienced loss, I have family drama and work drama and emotional scars from my past. I am not perfect and I do not live the perfect life.

I try really hard not to hide my pain and scars. I blog about my struggles, and the things that don't go right. When somebody asks me how I am, I try to give an honest answer rather than just saying "good" or "fine". It is too easy for people to see this facade that you put on and believe that everybody around them is perfect and happy, when in reality, we all struggle.

So no, I don't live a perfect life. I have many reasons to feel blessed and happy and loved, but I have struggles too. And that is ok. Because I am only human!
    I'm happy you have those blessings and appreciate them. I have blessings too, but it's not is abundant yet. I am thankful and appreciative of what I have also.

I think everyone has internal struggles... past and present. I try focus on the positive too.

I try to be as genuine as I can also.

I think honest discussion is healthier and breaks down the facade of strata and division and shows that we are more similar than we think and we all share our humanity.

As Blue Fox said, we all just need to learn how to make better lemonade when life serves us lemons.

I'm glad wonderful is all around you ~ friends, family, loved ones, blessings, and yourself!

You truly light up the place with your warmth. Thank you.