Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Slutty Princess

Thoughts, Rants, Opinions, Tales, and Musings of a Princess.
Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

An Open Letter to Grandpa...

Posted 09-22-2016 at 07:42 PM by The Slutty Princess

It's been thirty-four hours since you passed. As the hours pass, I only miss you more. I love you more than anybody in the world. I don't know how to express my love, my tears can only form into words to express my love towards you. Every time I think of you, I feel like crawling under the bed sheets and crying forever. You can probably imagine just how hard it is writing to you. I can't guarantee you I'll finish this, nor can I guarantee it to be a masterpiece but I'll write as much as I can before the tears won't allow me to write anymore.

You know how hard these past few weeks have been on me and to hear the news at three in the morning, my week went from a disaster to a nightmare, but like you, I won't stop fighting. You never let down the battle against Alzheimer's or Parkinson's and I won't let this battle go. Through your battles, you kept a happy spirit. I never came across you with a frown on your face and I'll try my best to do just that. I know that's what you'd like to see from me the most.

You've been a part of me through the good times and the bad times and to have you taken from me, it feels like a chunk of my flesh..of my heart...has been taken from me. Growing up, you were my giant teddy bear. You were so gentle, so kind, so compassionate, so supportive. I can't tell you how much I'll miss you. I can't tell you how much we all will miss your joyous smile around the dinner table on Holidays. I can promise you, it won't be the same.

I wish you could watch my graduate from college, to buy that first house, to marry 'my rose' like you use to call her. There are so many things I wanted you to see but I know you may not be there physically but you'll always be in my heart. I love you, Grandpa. You are a hero to me and a hero to our nation. Thank you for your service in Vietnam, thank you for your service as a police officer, and mostly, thank you for your service as my guardian. I'll take care of my siblings, I'll take care of 'my rose', I'll take care of my parents, and I'll take care of 'your rose'. The love you have for Grandma is inspiring and I'll make sure to carry it on.

You planted the seeds in my life. You gave me music, you gave me hope, and you gave me love. I love you more than anything and though I'd love to write a book on my memories of you, I can't finish. I can't imagine life without you but tomorrow, I'll wake up and come to the same conclusion that I came to this morning and suffer that same grief. I know that's not what you want me to do. You always told me to embrace love, embrace life, and embrace hope and I will do just that. Just know, you will never be forgotten. I will never forget you and our family will never forget you. Thank you for the endless memories that I will forever cherish. I couldn't have asked for a better grandpa.

Love,
Your little Lily.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1087 Comments 5
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Lia, I am so sorry. You have been through so much in such a short while. It was a shock to hear this tragic news. My heart goes out to you, your family and Sammie.
  2. Old Comment
    Lia,
    I am truly sorry to hear that the worst has happened to you in the passing of your grandfather. You have been through a hard blow, and not expecting such a harder blow so very soon in your life. I am truly sorry with in how you must be pushed with so many challenges within a short time all at once. I am praying for your whole family as well as Sammie.
  3. Old Comment
    You and your loved ones continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. My condolences to you, Lia.
  4. Old Comment
    Thank you all. I love you guys.
    Posted 09-24-2016 at 08:12 PM by The Slutty Princess The Slutty Princess is offline
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by The Slutty Princess View Comment
    Thank you all. I love you guys.
    I love you too pal.

I appreciate how you check in on me to make sure I'm all right when you haven't heard from me in a while. I appreciate when you feel like commenting on my posts. I appreciate your honesty, care, and encouragement. You are a good friend.

You have a good heart.
    Your Grandpa too.
    You have made him happy and have done wonderfully in life with him and remain to do so now. You are his legacy. A part of him lives on in you. He has and continues to transform your heart for the better. Your heart and mind are better in part because of him, and others are better because of you. I certainly am better to know you. And your "rose" is too.

And you give me hope that maybe I will find my rose and be hers in return.

This letter you shared with us is beautifully honest. I cannot imagine someone writing a letter for me like that at this moment in time.

Know how great your letter is. It honors him greatly.

"Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another."

~Albert Einstein

If you need to talk, message me if you wish.

My heart goes out to you, and I feel it too.
    May God heal your heart friend.

Continue to shine brightly as he did in life,
    Continue to shine brightly as his smile brightened his surroundings,
    and continue to shine as much as his soul's love for you and your love for him.

You have the rest of your life ahead of you. Look how many care about and love you. Perhaps when he was your age he felt the same thing with his grandparents. And in the future perhaps your grandchild will write a sacred letter to you too. And more letters from those who love you.

But that day is not here yet. You have much ahead of you.

Keep blossoming beautifully alongside your rose and perfume the world with your pure untainted fragrance, truly a treasure to behold.

It is an honor to be your friend Lia,
    ~Joanna
    Updated 09-25-2016 at 06:59 PM by Joan Sky