Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Letter to our Daddy's part 2

Posted 04-12-2018 at 05:42 PM by Butterfly
Updated 07-19-2018 at 12:59 PM by Butterfly

Continued from part 1 here

Thank you for indulging me and recording me stories in silly voices. They’re my favourite! Thank you for not taking everything seriously and not being afraid to be silly with me just to make me giggle. Thank you for understanding that sometimes I just need to be silly and bratty and encouraging me to be myself and understanding it is a way I show my affection to you.

Thanks for undressing me before bed to tell me you’ve decided today is over for me.

Thank you for listening to all the things I rant about, or worry about. I know with my health issues I can be a little bit dramatic when I get something simple, like a cold, but you have been there with me through the big and small issues. No matter how much I have whined or felt miserable.

Thank you for giving me back scratchies, even though it is probably your turn (although we both know it is always my turn).

Thank you for making sure I go to bed at a reasonable time and take medication. Even though I can’t always sleep so well, you make me feel loved and cared for every time you insist I need to stay as healthy as I can and remind me of the important little daily things.

Thanks for pulling my seatbelt out until it clicks so that it keeps me safe.

Thank you for watching little movies with me even though you don’t like them and think they are rubbish. (But you need to stop complaining throughout watching!)

Thank you for getting my bottle ready for me at bedtime, and for making sure the milk is extra extra cold. And thank you for making sure to wash out the bottle afterwards so that it doesn’t get moldy and make me puke!

Thank you for not giving up on me. Staying with someone is hard for me with my past. You know this and care about me despite it all… thank you.

Thank you for making sure I get exercise done and encouraging me to look after my body better than I have been doing.

Thanks for having the first sip of a drink that we’re sharing so that I don’t spill. Thanks for taking the crispy edge piece and saving me the chewy middle when I give you a bite of my cookies.

Thank you for taking care of me when I am sick, hurting, sad or scared. Your hugs can cure almost anything.

Thank you for helping me keep my health a priority. It’s hard when I’m depressed, but thank you for making sure I do it anyways.

Thank you for understanding that sometimes my anxiety limits me in the things I am able to do and adjusting as needed so I don’t feel like a failure or that I haven’t even tried. And thank you for understanding sometimes I can not control anxiety or depression or negative self thoughts and working with me to overcome them. Thank you for always making sure I know I am enough, even when I don’t feel like I am.

Thank you for spending so much time playing games with me. You have showed me so many games that I would have not played otherwise without you. You even started modding the recent game to make it easier on me. You don’t know how much that means to me. You also let me rage and don’t tell me it isn’t appropriate. You also never let me give up and encourage me to try again.

Thank you for taking control of certain things for me when I am little: making dinner, telling me when I can go to the potty, making sure I don’t eat too many sweets (even though I really wanted to order those two desserts), and making sure I take my vitamins and go to sleep on time. You make me feel so cared for.

Thanks for telling me no when it’s what I need to hear.

Thank you for recognising my struggles and staying with me to overcome them. I will never be able to express my gratitude enough for this. It means the world to me you find me important enough to stay.

Thank you for playing frozen/rayman Uno with me when I’m sub dropped. I’m sure you would rather be doing anything else but that, but you do it anyways.

Thank you for not washing my mouth out with soap when I accidentally say a naughty word. Also thank you for letting me call you silly words like olive head, or bean brain.

Thanks for early morning snuggles before you dash out the door.

Thank you for always being there to listen to me, whether it’s something serious or something silly I thought of and just had to share! Thank you for always giving me honest and direct advice when you’re listening, even if I don’t like what you say.

Thank you for planning little dates for me. I can’t wait to go to our next movie or the zoo! But thank you for doing other little things with me too: coloring, planning easter egg hunts, craft time, or even just snuggling by the fire.

Thank you for convincing me not to get rid of my stuffed animals when I was insanely depressed. They are so special to me and you know that. You seem to know what’s best for me emotionally lately.

Thank you for making me feel blushy sometimes … especially in public when you make me wear a bib so I don’t slop. Also thank you for saying No when I need to hear it (but thank you for usually saying Yes because it makes me so happy).

Thanks for filling my gas tank in the freezing cold so that I don’t have to. Ditto! This one is the best when you live in Canada

Thank you for the care packages you send me, it is always so fun to open them and see what you sent. (But I still think you should tell me what you get as soon as you do.)

Thank you for supporting me when I decided to make decorated pacifiers. When I first brought it up after seeing them, I felt so stupid. You reassured me that the ones I made looked wonderful, so I made a bunch for my friends.

Thank you for having Lullaby decorate me two pacifiers, they are so so special!

Thank you for always encouraging me and supporting me in everything I do. Thank you for helping me to think positive and for helping me grow as a little, as a sub, and as a person over the last 4 years. I would not be who I am today without your love, support and encouragement. Thank you for loving me despite all of my flaws and quirks.

Thank you for all the WoW time you insisted on getting me.

Thanks for taking me to G/PG movies, even when you’d rather be watching something else.

Thank you for always encouraging and guiding me and helping me to better myself. I am always learning from you, as a little, as a sub, as a friend, as a person. You make me like me and that’s an amazing achievement!

Finally, and I bet you were waiting for this one, thank you for letting me be bratty. We both enjoy when I poke at you and tease you about things, but I know it can be hard sometimes. However, at the end of the day, you know I’ll listen. So, thank you for trusting me enough to keep bratting you. It’s become a favorite thing to do.

For all of these things you do, and more, I love you the most. You are my everything and I don’t know what I would do without you. I am the luckiest little in the world.

This list could go on, forever, but I think you get it. Thank you for being you. Thanks for putting your feet down and not giving in, to provide me with the structure and consistency I need to be your best Princess. I love you way more than I show and way more than you know.

Thank you for telling me you love me multiple times a day every day without fail.

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!! YOU’RE THE BESTEST DADDY!!!

I have so much to thank you for. Some things too personal to share here. You have helped me through deaths, depression, suicidal thoughts, health scares, and some other stuff. I truly appreciate it all. I really hope you know that. Thank you for helping me grow as a person. I’m no longer that girl who only stares at her feet. I can face what the world throws at me now. So, thank you and I love you so much. Thank you for being mine.

Love your littles,

Butterfly, IceMaiden, TheBrat & Lullaby
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    All 4 of you are very sweet! This blog made me smile a LOT!
    I know all of you can be very bratty in your own ways but that is a big part of what makes you all adorable.

Thank you so so much my sweet little Butterfly, your the best little girl a Daddy could have.
  2. Old Comment
    But if I didn't complain all the way through your movies, you wouldnt enjoy them so much!

Thank you my princess, and well done to all the other little girls for being so honest and beautiful.