Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average.

The Gruffalo

Posted 04-06-2018 at 10:41 AM by Butterfly
Updated 07-19-2018 at 12:59 PM by Butterfly

I have a new favorite story book. It is called "The Gruffalo" written by Julia Donaldson & Axel Scheffler.

It is so good! and it rhymes! Which makes it even better.

It starts with a mouse who goes for a walk in the deep dark wood, and he comes across a fox who thinks he looks good. The mouse is able to scare the fox away because he tells him about this strange creature called a Gruffalo!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DescribingtheGruffalo.crop_692x519_8,0.preview.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	607

He does the same thing to a owl and a snake who also think that he looks good enough to eat. He thinks he has played a trick on them until all, oh no! it's a Gruffalo! And he looks just like he described him.

The Gruffalo thinks that the mouse looks good too. But instead the mouse leads him through the forest to show him that he is the scariest creature in the wood.

And then ...

well ... I don't know what happens next!

Because my daddy is tricky and he always stops reading right around that part (he may have a different story ... but I am the princess, and I know I am right!).

Sometimes he will read far enough so that I can listen to the Gruffalo meet the snake and scare him away ... but then I don't know how it ends!

I just want to know how the story ends!

Does the mouse get gobbled up by the owl? the fox? the Gruffalo?

Does the mouse make Gruffalo pudding and snack on the poor Gruffalo?

Does the Gruffalo just disappear because he was never real?

I DON'T KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have read only this story for months and months and Daddy STILL won't let me listen to the ending.

« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 6

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Aww i hope he reads the end to you some time soon
  2. Old Comment
    Maybe our little girl isn't old enough to learn what will happen.
  3. Old Comment
    Silly little Butterfly has heard the end of the story 37 times. Though her tired brain can't remember because she falls asleep EVERY SINGLE TIME!

Poor little princess, maybe one day you will be grown up enough to make it to the end of the story��
  4. Old Comment
    Now I am curious how it ends as well!

5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jaroface View Comment
    Now I am curious how it ends as well!
    Such a cute giff! I want to watch the movie now!

Also if you are curious you should tell my daddy to make sure I get to listen and then I can share!
  6. Old Comment
    I'm sure your Daddy could keep you awake through the end -- but to keep you alert and focused, he might have to lightly spank you whenever he turns the page. Are you positive you need to find out how it ends?