Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Hampers' Box of Juke

You're sitting in a dingy bar. You drain the dregs of the last alcoholic beverage you can afford for the night. You've got one shiny coin left. You look around for something to spend it on. There's a charity jar at the end of the bar, which you reach out for. But just beyond it you see a big flashing jukebox. You walk over and slot your coin in. Not sure what to choose, you hit RANDOM.
The discs whirr into place, and it comes up...
Rate this Entry

Oxford Comma - Vampire Weekend

Posted 07-09-2008 at 07:36 PM by Hampers
Updated 10-28-2008 at 09:31 PM by Hampers

I would like to take the time to point out how nice I am.
Since Depp came and granted me (for some reason, which eludes me to this day) Mod Powers (including an aversion to Kryptonite), I have had the ability to edit anyone's post content.

And I would just like to say that for the majority, I don't.

Every time I see a spelling or grammar or punctuation mistake, I flinch. My mouse hand involuntarily flicks to the 'edit' button. But I don't. Want to know why?

BECAUSE I'M NOT A PRICK.
At least, I don't want to be seen as one - my cover would be blown.
If someone up there granted me the authority to correct spelling mistakes in any content on getDare I would be eternally grateful. But I fear it will not happen without me

a) turning into a grammar Nazi.
b) forfeiting my social life to go through every post ever posted on getDare and sort out its spelling
c) hate myself for thinking that I'm so much better than everyone else
d) eventually get lazy and give up.

So yes. Feel free to allow me to correct your spelling if you want me to and I will do so with the utmost vigour, oh beautiful one.

Alternatively, if you should not wish to be part of my spelling club, feel free to tell me to fuck off, and off I will fuck.

Hampers
Posted in
Views 1515 Comments 7
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 7

Comments

1. Old Comment
    You should go re-write that dodgey story you commented about( http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthrea...6376#post76376). The whole thing is full of errors. Of course that was a fake post. The punctuation is almost ok, but the spelling is just--.....Well, ya'know! It's not even spelling! It's a creation of internet slang, and as Depp puts it ' AOL speak'. COme on that guy broke Rule 5! 9237092372937 times! XD!
  2. Old Comment
    I don't have That much time...
    And besides, as you said, he was being Ironic, wasn't he?
    If it doesn't get better, it may get moved.
  3. Old Comment
    >_>
    Oh,gods. Go read the second half to his story. 'Alien spaceships.'
    This guy is kiddin' right? He can't be serious.
    Aw, he bad repped me. I 'Didn't get the point' it seemed. Hm!
    Updated 07-09-2008 at 09:03 PM by oreo_is_back
  4. Old Comment
    You can correct mine all you like I know my spelling is shocking and I put commas in like my life depends on it. I'll read over when you correct it so I can figure out what I'm doing wrong

Good band btw
  5. Old Comment
    I always try to use good spelling and grammar, and I often edit my own posts if I find an error. But if you want, you can always edit them if I missed something. But could you use a bold font or something like that so I can see what I've done wrong?
  6. Old Comment
    Heh. I wasn't actually serious, but I appreciate and accept the challenge with relish.

*Hampers to the salute*
  7. Old Comment
    lol well I wasn't really either but thought if you are asking I'd jump in so people read my posts and think I'm totally intelligent because my grammar etc is so good
    Updated 07-10-2008 at 05:42 PM by Hampers