Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > LessAwful

Rate this Entry

Short Term vs Long Term Denial

Posted 07-23-2020 at 04:01 PM by LessAwful
Updated 07-23-2020 at 04:04 PM by LessAwful

I've been prompted by the lovely Sexyplant to write some thoughts on why I claim to dislike long-term orgasm control/denial, but like it short-term.

Well to start off, I would make a correction immediately. I don't dislike long-term orgasm control/denial at all. I just prefer it short-term.

The story begins with liking orgasm control in and of itself. One of the most basic ways for a person to feel a large amount of pleasure, is through an orgasm. There are many ways to feel good, but I think most people would agree that the most viscerally pleasurable experience is the orgasm. Important, I don't mean what makes you feel happy, or pleasant. I mean physically feeling good. So, having established that the orgasm is the highest order of instant pleasure, if you give away control to someone else, you're essentially allowing them to decide when you get to have this good feeling.

I'm not sure I could ever describe how or why this is arousing (both on the dom and sub end), but I don't think I have to explain to most people. My mind is just built to find the taking/giving of this fundamental level of control very exciting. Which of course is ironic given that you're taking away the control of this very arousal. So just understand the knowledge that it is enjoyable in and of itself, and let's continue.

Orgasm denial is arousing and fun. It's a deep level of control as prior mentioned, and it has a very real physical effect, in that it will let you "charge up", improving your next orgasm, at least in my experience. But, this is limited in its effectiveness. After a certain while, I don't get more aroused by it than I already am. You can't keep getting hornier forever, and after an even longer period, the reverse happens. Because I has been neglected an orgasm for a while, I sort of "cool off", and get less aroused, and less excited. Of course, the denial doesn't get easier, quite the opposite. The longer a period passes, the more you start to miss orgasms, so it only becomes harder to keep yourself from doing it. I learned all this in 2019, when I succesfully completed No Nut November, both as a joke, and to learn about my limits.

Finally, there's the following reason: There's not much point to being horny and aroused, if there's no payoff. Getting horny, excited and aroused is the build-up. And if the build-up is long, then the payoff will be even more exciting and rewarding. But if you build up for too long, then inevitably you'll get tired of it, because you just want to get it over with, and the payoff ends up being disappointing in comparison to the large amount of build-up you've done.

This is why I don't particularly enjoy long-term denial. I don't dislike it per say, I can do it, and it can be entertaining. But the alternative, which is regular orgasms, perhaps with some short periods of denial in-between, is waaaay better.

I do love orgasming, I don't think many people don't. Taking away orgasms is fun, but only for a little while.

The question then is, how long is short-term? I don't exactly know myself yet, I think it depends a lot on how much other fun happens in the meantime. If I'm just denied, I'll get bored after a day, likely. If there's other kinky things happening in that period to make life without orgasms interesting or challenging, then I think the limit to how long I can go before getting bored is around a week. Yes, I'm a very impatient person, don't judge me :P

I think that concludes most of my thoughts on this matter, and I hope it has helped you, dear reader, understand my brain a little more, or perhaps even understand your own thoughts on denial

~ LessAwful
Views 457 Comments 3
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Very good job! Thank you for writing on this. I think I understand a bit more why some prefer short-term over long-term. To me, I personally like edging more than an orgasm because I'd rather obey and not cum than cum and disobey.
  2. Old Comment
    I understand what you mean, and I agree very much on one of your last points. If you're not getting an orgasm, then something else has to happen instead. There's a lot of kinky and fun things you can do while locked in chastity/denied, but if you don't get much attention from the dominant it will get very boring and frustrating just being denied.
    For me it's also more motivating if the goal is more than just the denial itself. If it's about making the dominant happy(sort of obvious) , get used to doing tasks without expecting to cum, grow as a sub and other things, rather than the goal only being X amount of days without orgasm.
  3. Old Comment
    Exactly, denial for denial's sake is fine, but only in the short term.