Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > My Blog of Bloggy Blogness

1. Old Comment

Wow... it's been a while...

Welcome back. I am glad that things are going well.

getDare does have a unofficial discord server. If you PM me I can try to get you the info.
  2. Old Comment

Things Are Better

Glad to hear that things are looking up. Good luck on your search for a sub and I look forward to reading more. Where in Canada are you visiting?
  3. Old Comment

Things Are Better

Quote:
    After being unemployed for the better part of three years i finally found something good!
    This is enough for me! I'm so glad!

Yay!
    Updated 02-23-2019 at 09:29 AM by Cstelle
  4. Old Comment

Things Are Better

Welcome back! I'm glad to hear your life is going in a positive direction. I also love blogs, so I'm gald you'll be writing some more soon! I look forward to seeing you around!
  5. Old Comment

Caring So Damn Much!

@MasterMochaelNY - It's not a problem. Perhaps the blog doesn't read as i hoped it would. But i may well come and ask a few questions as the offer has been made

@Yasna - Good way to make clear some difference between the two. Yes i do agree with you, so it's nice to see i got the right meanings across in the end.
  6. Old Comment

Caring So Damn Much!

You say your post was a "retrospective look at a past problem"; therefore my comment might not be relevant for you any longer. I felt uneasy while reading your post because you seemed to use "caring" equivalent to "insecure". The same behaviour – e.g. checking in on somebody, asking for feedback, negotiating carefully – can be motivated by either caring or insecurity (or a mixture of both). Consequently, the same behaviour can be perceived as caring (and competent) or insecure and as attractive in a dom or not. After reading your last lines I assume you agree. I'm just writing this to make sure that you and, for that matter, everybody else who reads it, doesn't think he has to stop or reduce caring to come across as confident. On the contrary, I think caring is a very attractive quality in a dom (as is confidence).
  7. Old Comment

Caring So Damn Much!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hammarling View Comment
    I think i used almost these exact words myself. That yes i was trying too hard to be perfect. But that upon realising this i started working on myself and ways to avoid the same problem's in the future.

Hence why i highlighted my two most recent relationships, where i started making these changes and there was a noteable improvement in the relationship and in myself.
    And it's very similar to your analogy. I put more faith in my experiences and ability to Dom, and it was better. This was more of a retrospective look at a past problem, than commenting on where i am currently.
    Cool, sorry I must be tried. I always try to help out my fellow brothers, if they need help. My mistake.
    Posted 06-11-2018 at 01:12 AM by MasterMichaelNY MasterMichaelNY is offline
  8. Old Comment

Caring So Damn Much!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MasterMichaelNY View Comment
    Your trying to be too perfect, you need to rethink the relationship, I want you to think the relationship this way.
    I think i used almost these exact words myself. That yes i was trying too hard to be perfect. But that upon realising this i started working on myself and ways to avoid the same problem's in the future.

Hence why i highlighted my two most recent relationships, where i started making these changes and there was a noteable improvement in the relationship and in myself.
    And it's very similar to your analogy. I put more faith in my experiences and ability to Dom, and it was better. This was more of a retrospective look at a past problem, than commenting on where i am currently.
  9. Old Comment

Caring So Damn Much!

Your trying to be too perfect, you need to rethink the relationship, I want you to think the relationship this way.

You know the girl's Likes, dislikes, and limits. Now think this way. Your on a Motorcycle, your driving, and the girl is in the back. You have full control, she's on the bike for the ride. You control the speed, and the turning, and were your going, and the dam radio too. You know she likes rock, so you put on a rock radio station for her, that you both like. In her limits, she doesn't like getting wet. So you avoid puddles. If she gets uncomfortable, she can move around back there, and shift her ass. The bike might shake, but you have the wheel and straighten it out. But if you have no confident in your riding skills, your going to scare the crap out of her.

Now how do you get confident? There is only one way, by doing it. If you try to fake it, the girl is going to know. So the best thing to do, is be truthful with the girl when you start a relationship. Tell her the truth, that she is number 3, and your experence with 1 and 2. So that way when something happens, she will be understanding.

It just like riding skill, you have to do it. You can read all the books you want, or pretend that your zooming down the road, and leaning into a turn. But once you get on a bike, and do it, it's a whole different story.
    What I would recommend to boost your on-line dom confidence . Go out and do it live, as in the way of munchies, or taking classes, like rope works, or a whip class, and chat with other people, especially the subs, and slaves.

Just keep in mind, the bike. Your in charge, she in for the ride. Got any questions, hit me up thru my PM.
    Posted 06-10-2018 at 11:27 PM by MasterMichaelNY MasterMichaelNY is offline
    Updated 06-10-2018 at 11:30 PM by MasterMichaelNY (spelling)
  10. Old Comment

Caring So Damn Much!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Butterfly View Comment
    I find confidence sexy and it does go hand in hand with domination. However, I don't find asking questions or checking in with me a sign of weakness. I think that is a sign of strength. Some "doms" get into a mindset where they think they are a God and that they can do no wrong and they don't need to listen to anybody or ask any questions because they are THE Dom and blah blah blah ...

I do understand getting into your own head. I think Doms need reassurance too. Especially in the beginning of a relationship. When you are learning about each other there is always a lot of negotiation and correction ... I start to think that I am a bad sub when I constantly have to say No this doesn't work because ... or that is a limit because ... but those things happen. Fumbling around is a part of learning about each other. So taking time to reassure each other might not seem very Domly and sexy, but it really does make the difference.

Good luck with everything.
    This is the thing, i've been the "God Dom" who can do no wrong. That was my attitude when first starting out, and it's shocking how quickly that leads to mistakes and issues!

That feedback is important to me, especially in an online relationship. I can't always see someone to read their body language or hear
    their voice. Those are major clues to how someone is doing.

And due to past mistakes i like to make sure my Sub is feeling comfortable and ok. After a while it doesn't need to be so constant as i learn someone.
    Eg. my on/off relationship has almost no check-ins to see how she's doing, because i've learnt her and know she'll speak up if something is not doable or good.
  11. Old Comment

Caring So Damn Much!

I find confidence sexy and it does go hand in hand with domination. However, I don't find asking questions or checking in with me a sign of weakness. I think that is a sign of strength. Some "doms" get into a mindset where they think they are a God and that they can do no wrong and they don't need to listen to anybody or ask any questions because they are THE Dom and blah blah blah ...

I do understand getting into your own head. I think Doms need reassurance too. Especially in the beginning of a relationship. When you are learning about each other there is always a lot of negotiation and correction ... I start to think that I am a bad sub when I constantly have to say No this doesn't work because ... or that is a limit because ... but those things happen. Fumbling around is a part of learning about each other. So taking time to reassure each other might not seem very Domly and sexy, but it really does make the difference.

Good luck with everything.
  12. Old Comment

Best Quotes

@Jaro - Not quite the "ride" intended, but it's rather adaptable apparently

@IceMaiden - I could have quoted that whole speech because it's goddamn amazing! And i could have easily done 30 quotes just from Buffy because it's a fantastic show
  13. Old Comment

Best Quotes

I love these. And I had to comment because you quoted Buffy. Yay!!!
  14. Old Comment

Best Quotes

Quote:
    "Ride as much or as little, as long or as short as you feel. But ride!"
    - Eddy Merckx
    That reminds me: I have to ride my dildo for 20 minutes today.
  15. Old Comment

A Break, Then The Return

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Butterfly View Comment
    I am happy to have you back! Good luck in your search.
    Thanks! Means a lot to me
    I'm not rushing to a search just yet, taking my time to construct a proper Ad and approach
  16. Old Comment

A Break, Then The Return

I am happy to have you back! Good luck in your search.
  17. Old Comment

Future Blog Topics

I'm going to do Quotes soon and maybe another non-kink blog in the next two weeks to get myself back into habits of writing more here
  18. Old Comment

144 Stars

I remember doing that with my brother on Wii. Good times!! Congrats on the achievement
  19. Old Comment

Titles

Indeed, titles are great but only if you are actually in a D/s relationship. I love calling my misses "Princess" and "Goddess". I personally like the classic "Mistress" too, but my misses don't which is respected of course.

Personally, I don't like any of the usual male titles: "Sir", "Master", "Daddy".... If I ever were to be a Dom (which is not very likely as I'm mainly submissive) it would be hard thinking of what I'd want my sub to call me.
  20. Old Comment

Titles

I personally do not like anybody calling me a title at all unless we have entered into a relationship of some sort. This goes for both Domme titles and sub titles.

I also will not call somebody Sir or Master without entering into a relationship. Respect is something that is earned, and those titles are something that hold a lot of respect.
  21. Old Comment

Hello Kitty

Quote:
    Originally Posted by subScoot View Comment
    I am where you were - a kink that appears harmless but also I don't see the appeal. Thanks for this posting ... I now at least see the appeal, so thanks.
    And you've made this blog completely worthwhile <3
  22. Old Comment

Hello Kitty

I am where you were - a kink that appears harmless but also I don't see the appeal. Thanks for this posting ... I now at least see the appeal, so thanks.
  23. Old Comment

Future Blog Topics

Pet Play blog done earlier today!
    Already this list has been a massive succes in getting me to post more, yay
  24. Old Comment

Best of 2017

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PacifierGirl2 View Comment
    Yassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. (Also it's named after Magnetised, not Nothing Without You but that doesn't hide the fact that Nothing Without You is the best track on there)
    I was doing this off memory (because if i couldn't remember something it couldn't be best) and Nothing Without You stood out more than Magnetised (as did Human Behavior, but not that horrible re-release of Don't Come Home). So minor mistake on my part.
  25. Old Comment

Best of 2017

"Nothing Without You EP - Emma Blackery"

Yassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. (Also it's named after Magnetised, not Nothing Without You but that doesn't hide the fact that Nothing Without You is the best track on there)
    Updated 01-01-2018 at 02:40 PM by PacifierGirl2