Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > AbusiveMaster

Rating: 13 votes, 4.38 average.

Dissapointing.

Posted 04-04-2016 at 04:07 AM by AbusiveMaster

Recently it was pointed out that my blog had made a "best blogs" shortlist that i wasn't aware even existed. That was rather nice, I almost smiled.

After that, my blog entries started to get down-rated by users, knocking me off the list. I don't particularly mind that, I wasn't aware there was a list till recently.

But then, see, I looked at the recent activity on my blog, and every single one of my recent visitors is someone I would class as a friend. That is dissapointing. Then I can look and see whos blog benifits from mine being knocked down. The two combined are very very dissapointing.

Of course, this is pure speculation. Also, I blog for myself and for my IceMaiden, not to be on any top ten list. I really dont mind whether I am there or not. What I do mind is the thought that this list is so important that someone who claims to be my friend may be sabotaging me. To me, that makes a silly rating system which I reckon 5% of users even know about more important to this person than my friendship is. That is sad.

I am not going to look any deeper into this. It may be speculation entirely, it may be untrue. I am going to choose to believe that, I much prefer it to the alternative.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2402 Comments 10
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 10

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Oh it's your turn. A while back it was mine and Sophie's and Lacram's. We all had the same visitor every.single.time. too. So yeah, pretty sure I know who and I agree with the

"What I do mind is the thought that this list is so important that someone who claims to be my friend may be sabotaging me."

Ah, never mind. If I am correct then I pity the person for needing to make themself feel better this way.

Love yoooooou.
  2. Old Comment
    I have found the same thing. I never realized there was a rating system and when I did it was because somebody pointed out I was in the top 10. I was flattered, but like you, I write my blogs for me so it didn't matter too much. Until my blog posts started to get down rated.

Since I have become aware of the raring system, I only use it when a blog is particularly awful, or on the other hand if it particularly useful or amazing. Otherwise I don't even bother rating other people's blogs unless they are my friends. Friends should support each other.
  3. Old Comment
    I knew you could rate blogs but there's a best blogs list?

Never knew that.

Don't see what the point in sabatoging someone is though.

Don't people have better things to do?
  4. Old Comment
    How does the best blog thing even work?? I'm missing something here. (In addition to why anyone would bother...)

EDIT: I'm stupid. Found it. Never saw it before...
    Updated 04-04-2016 at 06:54 AM by Cstelle (Blindness and stupidity in equal measures.)
  5. Old Comment
    This has happened to DrW too! And even worse... It was a private blog so it [I]had[I] to be someone from his friends list!
  6. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by eivins View Comment
    This has happened to DrW too! And even worse... It was a private blog so it [I]had[I] to be someone from his friends list!
    Yep, a few of mine were private ones too.

Sad!
  7. Old Comment
    It doesn't surprise me at all. Our society is all about being the best at something, may it be in school, college or at work.

It's kind of ridiculous that someone is downvoting other blogs just for the sake of it. They see the rating system as a way to hurt people they don't like (hence why there is no dislike button on FB etc.).

But i wouldn't go as far as blaming anyone just because they visited your blog and are in that "Best Blogs" list too. I've had the pleasure to talk to most of them and all of them are way too nice and awesome to do such a thing. Don't forget that it might have been an invisible member as well, there are plenty of those.
  8. Old Comment
    Oh that's sucky, the darkside of internet anonymity. I always forget to vote on blogs, I will amend that tonight. Your blogs really are excellent and appreciated, both in terms of form and content, so I sincerely hope people will rally here and vote them back up where they should be.
    Posted 04-04-2016 at 01:56 PM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
  9. Old Comment
    Todo:
    Write a program to poll the blogs regularly in order to determine who was visiting when one gets downvoted. That'll help, right?

More seriously, there seem to be far better uses for someone's time than trying to game the system, such as it is. If this is a serious problem that's happened before, is it a cause to contact an admin and ask for the rating system (or at least the "best blogs" list) to be disabled?
  10. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sinister
    If this is a serious problem that's happened before, is it a cause to contact an admin and ask for the rating system (or at least the "best blogs" list) to be disabled?
    It'd be a shame to disable anything just because a few people are misbehaving.