Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Maxim's blabbing!

Rate this Entry

Myspace?,facebook?,Twitte r?,bebo?

Posted 07-27-2009 at 10:44 PM by maxim

Hey ok what is up with:
facebook
Twitter
bebo

There all copieng myspace which was out first I love myspace and still use it very very much and facebook is ok but Twitter is just a disgrce

Lol what do you gust think about the
copiers?
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 13671 Comments 25
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 25

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Myspace was first, but it took a hell of a lot of things from Facebook. :|
  2. Old Comment
    MySpace is fail. It lags my browser down. Facebook is so much more simple and easy to use. Bebo died didn't it? Twitter was a whole different idea really.
  3. Old Comment
    I think MySpace sucks now. Bebo was awesome at the time, then everyone drifted to MySpace, then when we got bored of that we all hit facebook. Skipped twitter, it seems kinda pointless if you aren't a celebrity.. Though I have one just for the sake of it.
  4. Old Comment
    I prefer Facebook. Twitter is basically, Facebook but without all the extra stuff - just status updates. It's okay.
    Posted 07-28-2009 at 03:37 AM by CollaredBlondie CollaredBlondie is offline
  5. Old Comment
    Bebo and MySpace are used by under 16s.
    Once you get to 16, you swap to Facebook.

Or, at least, that's what I've seen. And why?

"Coz Facebook is well better and mature than MySpace. MySpace is for kids!"

Srslywtf.

I used to use MySpace. I got rid of it because I rarely used it and it was just a pointless element of my life. I never had Bebo. I got Twitter at one point but, like MySpace, it was something I just didn't use/need. So I got rid. I now have Facebook but I only use it to keep up with a few friends.

And as for the features on Facebook... pointless. Fuck off with your superpokes and quizzes >_<

xDD
    Posted 07-28-2009 at 03:59 AM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
  6. Old Comment
    I've seen teachers on facebook, which is creepy.
  7. Old Comment
    I disagree. I speak to one of my teachers a lot via email, so I now contact her through Facebook. I can see how having teachers on Facebook can be seen as wrong, but it's really not. They're allowed to be on there too, as long as they're not doing/saying unsuitable things.

At our school, teachers weren't allowed to add/accept students on Facebook until they left. I, personally, think that's the best idea of how it works.
    Posted 07-28-2009 at 04:05 AM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
  8. Old Comment
    Myspace was great, until you find that one dozy prat has decided that the best thing to do is just add about a hundred different things all going on at once which slows down a computer so much it almost dies.

It's like back in the late 90's when people thought that the best webpages to make were ones with loads ot bright colours and bright text, and then wondered why no bugger read the pissing things. Unfortunately making webpages look good became harder and harder for the general idiot and so they stopped doing it.

Now, however, they can all do it on Myspace, and that people, is why Myspace will forever suck, because people can edit the thing in every way (including, I've seen on some pages, block certain buttons from being seen, which is all well and good except when they block the pictures button from showing up, then ask you in MSN to "go check my new pictures!" HOW?! Link me you dumb fool, then go fix your Myspace)

So yeah, Myspace is only really worth being on now to get regular updates from bands I find, and even then most of the updates are "Hammerfall have posted a new blog" Which leads to a vide of them arsing around in a production truck or Oscar doing swanton bombs through cardboard boxes. Which are funny, but not the reason I signed up for the blog updates.

Hmmm... methinks I ranted a little XD
  9. Old Comment
    Your ranting was fair. I hated going to a myspace page and having my browser choke from the mass of useless boxes and flash applets. Or the ones where you join the page, and you get a REALLY loud and annoying song that you can't even understand because the quality sucks so bad. Bah. Myspace: Die. Kthx.
  10. Old Comment
    The music thing is the worst...

The first thing I learnt when making webpages (and I taught myself), is don't force people to listen to music, give them the option.

So what's the first rule of creating a custom Myspace page? Force everyone to listen to whatever shit music you currently love. ARGH!

It's just as bad as some stupid kid on a bus who thinks he's "cool" for playing extremely loud rap or trance or whatever other crap music they like full blast on their phone through tinny speakers...

I want a law that allows me to legally grab those phones and launch them out the window.
  11. Old Comment
    Anostly I think that facebook is for parents because it is just so boring and no matter hat happens facebook even now that they have the apps myspace is still way better but I would say if you are 18+ facebook may be better! Lol
  12. Old Comment
    [QUOTE=BettyBoop;bt4298]I've seen teachers on facebook, which is creepy.[/QUOTE/]
    I agree I dint want teaches seeing my status they may be about him/her
  13. Old Comment
    Thanks for proving my point.

Because you can't personalise Facebook like MySpace, it's automatically for older people and it's boring. No, it's not. Rawrrrr >_< Bandwagon much?

Plus MySpace, to be fair here, did copy a lot of Facebook.
    Posted 07-28-2009 at 09:47 AM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
  14. Old Comment
    >I agree I dint want teaches seeing my status they may be about him/her<

So change your privacy settings
    Posted 07-28-2009 at 09:47 AM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
  15. Old Comment
    xDares, you don't have to add the teacher. I'm not saying they shouldn't be on there, it's just weird you know. Like when you see a teacher in a shop or something. You just expect them to live in school and stay there.
  16. Old Comment
    Like that old myth that the teachers slept in school, heh
    Posted 07-28-2009 at 10:24 AM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
  17. Old Comment
    We thought that about this one teacher who had al this stuff in his clasroom like spare shoes, and a pillow and an iron.
  18. Old Comment
    Ok Betty that's crazy but you never know with all these teachers but ya I see your point dav it's just weird seing parents on you social network place!
  19. Old Comment
    My parents keep adding me on facebook. When I ignore the invitation, they ask me why I haven't added them..
  20. Old Comment
    Lol see now who wants parents all over there space?
  21. Old Comment
    I have a bebo...and a myspace and a facebook and a twitter. I hardy on anyone of them. lmfao.
  22. Old Comment
    RayRay!? You have a bebo!? Sweet. I'll have to spend the rest of the night trying to remember my password for it like I did with MySpace last night..
  23. Old Comment
    Xdares, I suppose it's an age thing. I woulda thought that at 13 but now I'm quite happy to have my family on Facebook.
    Posted 07-29-2009 at 05:28 PM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
  24. Old Comment
    Ok, Ya I know dav but idk you can do that lol!
  25. Old Comment
    I love reading old blogs and I have some things to conclude about this blog.
    1. I am now obsessed with Facebook
    2. I used to have awfull typing skills.
    3. I have been on thi siste utterly to long
    4. People are funny.
    Imagine That! >.<