Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Azyliux

Rate this Entry

Communication and Respect

Posted 10-07-2023 at 06:29 PM by Azyliux
Updated 10-07-2023 at 06:33 PM by Azyliux

First Warning.

Final Warning!

Last Chance.

A message to inconsiderate or non-communicative time-wasters.

I have found that people on getDare who fail to respond or communicate very soon after accepting or starting a dare, agreement or other arrangement with me almost never lead to any successful or enjoyable interactions at any point despite my efforts to engage. Instead they simply waste my time and mental energy.

I am always willing to address any issues that come up in any interaction if you communicate with me and explain what the problem is, especially by using a safeword.
  • If a task I have set is not suited to you, or breaks a limit (which I almost always try to avoid), or requires more time or commitment than you thought would be involved, then I will discuss this with you and usually make reasonable adjustments.
  • If you feel I have disrespected or offended you in a way that you haven't consented to, then I will apologize and rectify my conduct with you.
  • If life happens and tasks or commitments you made are no longer achievable, I can be understanding about this.
  • If you simply change your mind about what you want, then telling me this and perhaps apologizing is perfectly fine.
  • Or anything else, communication will always be appreciated over silence.

However... simply becoming unresponsive and ghosting leaves no chance to address any issue, and is extremely disrespectful in a way I will not tolerate. This is particularly the case if you have made some sort of commitment on the basis of which I have put significant time and thought into.

If you are someone who has done this with me and I have directed you to this generic blog post (generic because I don't want to waste any further time on you), consider this your last chance to rectify the situation and immediately communicate with me what is going on. If you ignore this warning too, then I will be adding you to my slowly growing list of inconsiderate time-wasters that I choose to never interact with again.

To anyone else reading this post, I apologize for any negativity or frustration that has leaked out. Perhaps read one of my more positive blog posts.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 636 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    We all knoe that feeling. I usually try not to be angry when it happens because if I enjoyed engaging with said person in the first place I did consider them as friendly. So I try and have sympathy for whatever caused it, bring angry won't mske you feel better anyways. Not always possible though.
    But you are entirely right, everything can be discussed and you seem very reasonable so I am sure you would take everything to your heart.
    Updated 10-09-2023 at 12:12 AM by herpderp42
  2. Old Comment
    I think you are very wise to suggest sympathy. I do try to remind myself of this too. Things often look very different from the other perspective when you are in their shoes. But it isn't always easy, and usually I am not angry, but feeling a mix of concern, disappointment and some frustration at just not knowing what is going on. Thanks for your comment.