Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > RainbowSky

Rate this Entry

Life update including leaving job, interviews, and swimsuit update

Posted 10-27-2023 at 01:35 AM by RainbowSky

Hey,

So it's been a while. Life got crazy for a while, especially in August.

As some of you may be aware, I handed my resignation into my previous job (teaching) in April, with an end date of July. When it came down to it, I was relieved that I was leaving. Family and friends all said within about a week of my departure, how happy and well and less stressed I looked. My nan even admitted she had been really concerned about me as I often looked ill. There was a lot I liked about the job but a lot I hated as well, and management were awful.

During the transition period of me leaving my old job, I was hunting for a new job. I went for interview after interview after interview and just never got any of them. It was so disheartening as I knew I was good at my job. Multiple times I was told "you're going to make some school very happy but you're just not right for us," which sucked because clearly I was good but I was getting no feedback to improve, just that I wasn't the right candidate for them.

Eventually, I gave up. I decided maybe it would be good to take a break from my specific job field and try something new. This was the best decision I could have made. I'm so happy with my life at the moment. I went to an interview for a job kind of within the retail section but also sort of not. Now I would love to say what it is but I can't as I don't really want to give away my identity and it's quite a niche job. But let's just say I have amazing supportive colleagues and managers, I love working with our customers and the variety of the job is exciting. No two days are the same. It is amazing what a career change can do.

I also decided to join a supply agency - so I still would be teaching but have much more flexibility with my own time (can take weeks off if needed) and all the stress and pressure caused by paperwork, dealing with emails, parents evenings, report writing is all gone. I turn up and I teach what has been left for me and I go home. No baggage going home with me, no stress about the kids and their attainment.

Throughout the whole process of finding a job, my BF challenged me that I had to wear a swimsuit as underwear every day. No underwear until I started my new job. We even got you lovely people involved in voting for the swimsuits you wanted me to purchase and what size they would have to be (mostly children's or at the very least 2 sizes too small). We purchased them, I started doing the challenge over Easter and this continued afterwards.

Now, we have had huge debates about this. I think I have technically fulfilled the rules imposed by him (until start my new job I have to wear the swimsuits as underwear), he disagrees as he says he meant it as until I start my new full-time job (both the jobs above are part-time). I have argued that two part-time jobs means I am working at least 5 days every week if not 6 or 7 which is the equivalent of a full-time job. Ultimately, we have come to a very tentative agreement that on days I am not working I must wear the swimsuits still as underwear.

Overall, I am in a much better place now than I was 6 months ago or even a year ago, so life is going well. It's busy and chaotic but I wouldn't have it any other way.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 341 Comments 1
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Glad everything has worked out well and that you re still enjoying your swimsuits. Have fun.