Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Pingu

Rate this Entry

Who are you?

Posted 05-25-2008 at 06:15 AM by Pingu

Well, I don't really write blogs but I'm bored so here it is. This is only my second blog ever, the reason why I don't really post blogs is because the things I want to write about are personal to me and the only real "platform" to launch a blog is through social network sites where all my friends/family are and there is some stuff that I don't want them to know.

This brings me onto GetDare and why I am finding it easy to make this blog. Like a lot of people on this site, I am using an alias username/e-mail then my usual ones so I am anonymous. I am however a male from London and am 19. There are "genuine" people like me on this site and for whatever reason, they don't want to make themselves known publicly which is fair enough.

The Internet is of course known to allow people to post things anonymously and in some case without repercussions. The problem this presents with a site like GetDare is the people who are not so "genuine" mixing with the impressionable "genuine" people.

I'm still young but I have been on the Internet long enough to realise when someone isn't exactly who they say they are. Unfortunately, there are others who perhaps don't and maybe are manipulated into doing something they shouldn't do & this for me (& hopefully the admins) is worrying.

So who are you? Are you a "genuine" person or are you not so "genuine"?

If it's the latter then what exactly are you doing on this site which means you have to make up a completely fake identity. If you are "genuine" then just be careful.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2395 Comments 6
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 6

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I r 54,MALE! AMER-ICA! >.>;;; lawlz.

Jokin'! Ew.

Anyway. I have proof! PROOF! I am Seventeen, Female. -Checks- from UK. >.>

-Checks this too.- Yes! 'Tis true! 'Tis all true! ^_^ 'Ello!
  2. Old Comment
    You are 54 ;| Silly moo!
  3. Old Comment
    Shush! Don't tell my secrets! ]:
  4. Old Comment
    oops sorry oreo...
  5. Old Comment
    Well obviously, I am Pingu in disguise. So, yup.
    I am 14/15 fifteen in 14 days.
    I want the present, I'm in the tree.

6. Old Comment
    I am 32 (since last week); my name is François and I live in Canada, Quebec. I am as genuine as they come - WYSIWYG. But I am a storyteller - and my stories are fiction.
    I fully relate to your situation, Pingu, but I don't fret it. I have nothing to hide, no dark secrets that could come and haunt me, that I would need to deny or that could cause me shame. I'm a man, as flawed as any man can be, and I'm here because I enjoy the company, and I enjoy writing stories, whatever format, for people who like reading them.