Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

I didn't mean to ...

Posted 12-03-2015 at 07:08 PM by Butterfly
Updated 02-08-2017 at 07:07 PM by Butterfly

The other night Asslvr and I decided to come up with a fun Christmas game. We didn't want it to be too involved since it is a super busy time of the year, but we quickly wrote it up and I was excited to share it with all our friends on getDare. Especially since we have been absent lately.

So two nights ago I wrote up the blogs in the series with the game. I put lots of time and effort into finding the write pic for each blog, and writing each one out in the proper format. And then I posted them all with future dates, to post one a date starting December 12. That way I didn't forget or get too busy, and I didn't have to post them from my phone when I can't be around my computer. Win-win!

What I didn't realize at the time was that they would clog up the main forum page, only listing my own blogs. I never look at the main page. When I come on getDare I always click on the blogs page and then I can see a list of all recent blogs and comments.

I wasn't trying to be inconsiderate of others, or take up "advertising" space, and I apologize for those people who I may have inconvenienced or upset.

After looking into it, there is no easy way to fix it. In order for me to remove them, I have to delete all my hard work and reformat them into new blog posts, and I am really sorry, but I am unable to do that at the moment. I do, however, promise that I will take this into consideration next time I want to post a group of blogs.

Views 516 Comments 5
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Don't worry about it, it's not that big a deal. If people click on the Blog link on the top menu, they can see all that's posted. The worst...is the waiting. For your blogs. Because they are delightful. And I love your face.
    Posted 12-03-2015 at 11:04 PM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
  2. Old Comment
    Aww I can't wait to see them! Not your fault but it's very odd that gd does that with scheduled blogs in that section. That bit is always a bit useless though showing blogs you cant view and things. Anyway I bet they're going to be awesome!
  3. Old Comment
    Not your fault - just another one of the site's little kinks :-) I hope you don't have to delete and reformat! Perhaps staff/admin can help? (Or just leave them! I don't mind!)
  4. Old Comment
    i certainly don't mind! i'm looking forward to some christmas themed blogs!
  5. Old Comment
    Ah, I see (Light bulb comes on).

I only use the main page when I’m too lazy to log in, and want to check the recent blog updates. I was more confused rather than upset, but ether way kittens are the perfect peace offering.

I’m looking forward to the 12th.