Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Love the life you live

Posted 02-26-2019 at 08:03 PM by Butterfly
Updated 02-26-2019 at 09:35 PM by Butterfly

This past weekend I went to the mountains with my two best friends. The mountains are my happy place! Look at this view from the airbnb we stayed at:

We spent Friday at a Nordic Spa: saunas, steam rooms, hot and cold pools. All outdoors with a crisp (it was about -4c) mountain view. Afterwards we played Drunken Jenga and got totally trashed.

Saturday we spent the day crafting, learning new make up techniques and just having girl talk while watching chick flicks.

It was an absolutely amazing weekend. Exactly what I needed: girl talk, letting loose, relaxation, laughter, and yummy food!

Now, the point of this blog isn't to brag about the mountain views and amazing weekend I had. No, it is about positivity: something I may have been failing at a bit lately. You see, I have been trying really hard to focus on the positives in my life, but the negatives just keep creeping in. However, this weekend, while I was laying in my bed Sunday morning, I looked up and really saw the piece of art that was hanging above my bed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6473014431033560973.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	853

This really inspired me.

Negative things happen everyday. Sometimes they are small, other times they are huge. We all tend to focus on those negatives. Ten awesome things can happen and yet the part that grabs hold of our psyche is the one shitty thing.

I am a huge advocate for making your own happiness. Nobody else is in control of your life but you. Only you can make the decisions to find your happiness. Sometimes those are the hardest decisions to make, but they are the ones that are truly worth it. These decisions can be something as small as finding something to make you smile each day, or as big as making a huge career change.

I made a few of these difficult decisions 4 years ago when I moved across the country to be with Mr. Devious. One of the hardest things I have ever done, but it was SO worth it. Since then I have made further decisions to make my life better: I cut out people who don't deserve to be around my awesomeness, I took a salary cut for a job that would ultimately make me happier, and a few others.

I know I complain a lot, but I really do love my life. There are so many amazing things that I take for granted. Things that I push aside when I focus on the negative things. So I am challenging myself to find something positive each and every day. Even if it is just one thing, one small thing that makes me smile or laugh or even just a little bit happy. I want to train myself to focus on living the life that I love and loving the life I live.

Five positive things in my life:
  1. Mr. Devious. He is absolutely amazing and I don't know what I would do without him.
  2. Amazing support system. On top of Mr. Devious, I have a few really close friends, both online and in person who would do anything for me.
  3. My health. Even though I have struggled through some things over the last year, I am still healthy.
  4. Great job. I have a job where I can make a difference, and am allowed to have fun.
  5. Freedom to explore my kinks. This is something that a lot of us take for granted. I was in a long term relationship where I had to hide this part of myself and it is so amazing to be able to be open and honest about them now.

In order to help me do this, I have created a thread: TELL ME SOMETHING GOOD! I challenge all of you to find one positive thing today. Something small: the laughter of a child, a cute kitten video, drinking your favorite drink or seeing your favorite flower ... anything at all! Post it in this thread to share with the getDare world and inspire others to choose positivity, to choose happiness!

Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1178 Comments 5
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old Comment
  2. Old Comment
    Yay for positivity! I really love that quote "love the life you live". It sound really inspiring for sure!
    I'm glad you do love your life and don't forget to be thankful for the good things!
  3. Old Comment
    Might be good to link the thread, great idea * thumbs up*
    Posted 02-26-2019 at 09:29 PM by Faithfullyyours Faithfullyyours is offline
  4. Old Comment
    Beautiful, as always. I don't notice your complaining so much as your positivity and kindness to others for what that is worth!

Connie
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Consensus View Comment
    Beautiful, as always. I don't notice your complaining so much as your positivity and kindness to others for what that is worth!

Connie
    Thank you. That is very kind to say.