Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Me,Myself and I

Hey I am Rose, please check out my blog and leave a comment.BTW most of the words that are underlined are links. If there is any problems, mistakes, Etc. please PM me and i will look into it. Thank you.
Rate this Entry

Finally emancipated (Fiction)

Posted 09-08-2016 at 08:54 PM by thiskittykat

this is my first attempt and my first ever story on here. If you would like more please leave a comment. thank you and i hope you enjoy it.

Chapter 1 My Court Hearing

Hey im Lena, I have blonde hair with black roots and the bluest eyes im only 5'2 and small in size i just turned 16 a month ago and i think things are going to change. You see I've been in foster care most of my life. i moved around a lot, from home to home changing school districts. i always dreamed of a family adopting me for me, not to be a baby sister or to have a government check come in. Most of the time i got Adopted and i had to take care of the kids like i instantly became a mother. Every one at school would bully me, made fun of me for being in foster care or getting adopted by Weirdos, I got laughed at on a weekly basis. some of the girls in the schools i attended always made fun of me,and was just mean, i remember one saying "you cant be here this is a father daughter dance and you don't have a father". I like Dances i like to dance, but that kinda broke me. I stopped dancing and going to events that involved parents attending. i always liked getting removed from a foster home i also didn't mind changing schools matter the fact i would have loved moving schools more often. Sometimes i would intentionally get suspended from school or removed from foster homes just to get away from all the hate. As of right now i am in a Girls home, i don't mind it here everyone usually has had or gone through similar paths. Losing there family in some weird tragic event or there family just left them on a front door step. My family was involved in a fatal crash on July 22 2001 i was 2 my sister was 10, me and my sister was with are grandma at the time. She took us in and we lived with her for a few years Before she became deceased from a heart attack in March 2005. Taylor and i was at school at the time, but that didn't change anything. i was 6 my sister was 14. Me and my sister Taylor handed the deaths of are parents and grandma differently, i was to young to know what happened to our parents, but Taylor knew exactly what was going on. After are grandma passed me and Taylor was placed into a foster home, at first they wanted to keep us together, but everyone wanted to adopt me since i was still little, but for my sister it was different. they didn't want a 14 year old girl going through puberty they only wanted me. We were Separated a month later, that was the last time i seen Taylor.

I recently turned 16 which means i am able to get emancipated from foster care. i found a family that would financially help through the process, all i needed was a judge to approve my request in court. it was January 21st 2015 when i finally had my court date "only took a month". When i went into the court house security asked me to follow them, so naturally i did they took me into the court room and brought me to one of the front tables in front of the fence, i was shaking with nerves. i kept looking at Jake and heather hoping the judge will approve of them being my financial aid. at least for the down payments of a apartment and in till i get a good full time paying job. after some talking and a 30 min lunch break later the judge finally approved them and gave me emancipation from foster care. i jumped with joy hugging Jake and heather for what felt like forever, i was so happy no more foster care, no more changing schools. I was finally free of changing homes and living with a bunch of girls in girl homes.later that day Jake and i found an apartment for me to settle down in. we bought all new furniture and clothing for me and i got to place everything how i like it. No more following orders, No more moving. i was happy for the first time i could remember.

A month later the judge stopped having inspections and i could now live completely alone without anyone checking up on me or telling me what to do. Heather wanted to celebrate, so heather and Jake can over and cooked for me like i was a guest. my life couldn't have gotten any better. we all sat down to eat, Jake made a beautiful Salmon breaded fish on rice. It was amazing i could just see my future taking a turn for the best. After dinner Heather wanted to do a toast to me and my new life, she pored all of us drinks mine being a fruit juice because of my age. We toasted and all took a sip of are drinks, i kept thinking on how my life has changed and where i would go from here, all of a sudden i started feeling dizzy. I fell over trying to ask for help, but i couldn't see anyone it was all blurry. i gave one last attempt to ask for help and i fell unconscious. I woke up to find my self in a cell, as i looked around all i can see is a bed made very neat, a toilet with a sink and a window with bars and very thick glass. As i finally came to my feet barely able to stand i hear a clunk by the door. i never saw a door when i was looking around i looked up to see a little sliding window on this huge metal door open with a man staring at me. when i glanced at him he quickly shut the window. I fell out again probably the drugs or whatever they gave during dinner. i had Blurred visioned while attempting to look up at the door watching it open, boots start banging closer and closer until i felt a sting in my neck my eyes slowing closing noises slowly dimming i hear someone say bring her and before i could do anything else i completely blacked out.

Posted in Stories
Views 1567 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments