Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Feelin Daring

Rate this Entry

random thiought: accents

Posted 02-02-2011 at 05:05 PM by Feelin Daring

I really really really want an acccent. like a cool one. British or Austalian maybe... but considering i'm from America, extremely unlikely. maybe i'll just teach myself. but my fake ones really bad. do people from ENgland try to have American accents??? i wonder what they sound like. i guess to a British person i'd sound weird with my fake one....
that's it. just a random thought..........
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1986 Comments 5
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old Comment
    yeah, you'd sound wierd with a fake British accent - the british accents in American programs are generally really funny to us, because they don't sound right!

Some Brits do incredible american accents that fool most americans.

I like having a British accent, I just wish it was a little less London and a little more Patrick Steward, etc!

Sure you have an accent - it's just you can't hear it! And some american accents are sexy (some ok, and some really awful to listen to!)
  2. Old Comment
    If you want to hear a British actor with an American accent, listen to House.

HUGH LAURIE (aka Doctor Gregory House) is 100% British, but his character is pure American born.
  3. Old Comment
    I have a British and an Australian accent. It sounds really weird.
  4. Old Comment
    haha maybe i'll try for a Jersey accent instead.....
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by interesting View Comment
    If you want to hear a British actor with an American accent, listen to House.

HUGH LAURIE (aka Doctor Gregory House) is 100% British, but his character is pure American born.
    Isn't it true a lot of American viewers didn't even realise he was British for a while?