Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > fork

Rate this Entry

My sexual identity

Posted 07-19-2009 at 11:07 PM by fork
Updated 08-01-2009 at 06:55 AM by fork

For those of you who didn't know, I'm GENDERQUEER. Wikipedia article on "genderqueer" can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genderqueer
Here's a highlight that relates to me specifically:
"People who identify as genderqueer may think of themselves as being both male and female, as being neither male nor female, or as falling completely outside the gender binary."

I myself relate to both male and female. I have a male side of myself, which is entirely mental, named Kyle. He is homosexual and is more outgoing and argumentative. He smokes cigarettes at times. My female side, Kayla (which will probably be legally changed to Kyle, as that's a unisex name) is straight. She is shy and quiet. I also have all female physical characteristics. This means VAGOO. No pernis to be found, sorry. No I will not provide proof of this.
You may see these "personalities" flop back and forth in chat, but it's difficult. That is why from now on, I will try to use the male/female symbols next to my name so you will be able to tell the difference. You don't have to call me by different names at such time, if you don't want to, but it'd make me happy inside if you do!
Edit: I will also try to remember to sign my comments with either name. Whoever's typing at the time..

Being Genderqueer is not to be confused with:
Bisexuality: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisexual
Hermaphrodite: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermaphrodite
Intersex: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersex
Transexual:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transsexualism

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them. I may edit this journal as things arise. If you have anything you'd like to say/ask that you feel is private, feel free to drop me a PM.
If you have anything to say/ask that is hurtful, feel free to shove it up your arsehole, and have a nice day.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 28721 Comments 24
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 24

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I shouldn't read this with no sleep. But I have and will re-read when i'm more awake.
  2. Old Comment
    Thank you for reading it at least I really appreciate it.
  3. Old Comment
    I love you fluffy =D lol i had no idea you were androgynous! Cool =]
  4. Old Comment
    Lol that polar bear is adorable.
  5. Old Comment
    I think I have a better understanding. Very cool!
  6. Old Comment
    super cool to know
  7. Old Comment
    So its not like transvesite?

Bit confused til i read that
  8. Old Comment
    Nope! Transvestite is like.. one who crossdresses a lot. Like hardcore crossdressing. I THINK. Unless you meant transsexual. Either way, I don't plan on getting sexual reassignment surgery or anything drastic like that. And I only bind my chest sometimes. Rarely.
  9. Old Comment
    ANDROGYNOUS is a term used to describe having no gender in a mental way.

You however describe as having two sides, a male and a female.

this however is completely different.

You have a multiple personality disorder, in witch personality you have a different sex.

However that is how you described it.

ANDROGYNOUS would be considering being no sex at all, you have body parts to a gender but you mentally don't have the hormones and other crap in your body during pregnancy to determine more then a physical gender. Unlike people with gender disorder issues when the hormones and crap are reversed at that stage of development.

Feel free to correct me, but i am sayi'ng what i read.
  10. Old Comment
    Well wherever you read that, it's wrong. Sorry.

Linkplz?
    Updated 07-20-2009 at 12:58 AM by fork
  11. Old Comment
    I'm sorry you think that. But i have went through this whole wiki, and their is no mention of having a personality for both genders. However their is a mention of expressing physically as one gender but not necessarily mentally.

"An undifferentiated person is low on both feminine and masculine traits."

considering this is the root definition for a androgynous person. This does imply that the traits of a certain sex is something that cannot be achieved.

Now at no level do you have to agree with me, nor am i say'ing you are not what you are. But through my research of the very same info you give in the blog, what you describe does not quite fit. again you don't have to agree with me.

EDIT: As my research is only confined to one wiki page i cannot verify 100% accuracy. But in no way can you verify that my research is completely inacurate

EDIT:

further research brought me to the page at
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intergender

Inter-gender is a sub form of androgyny. This does say that you have both a female and a male mind set. This is what you would most likily fall under. So yes you are in a way androgynous. Except for the fact that you claim to have a dual personality in witch you switch from at time to time. In that i can only find stuff in such of Dissocative identity disorder http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissoci...ntity_disorder
    Updated 07-20-2009 at 01:14 AM by Knots101
  12. Old Comment
    Again, linkplz?
    Maybe this will help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genderqueer

Also, the reason these aren't entirely accurate is because it's WIKIPEDIA. A place where idiots can define life. I just posted from there cause it was simple and easy and I don't expect anyone to actually read the links anyway. People are lazy.

No offense but I wouldn't trust any research you're doing either.. You say you know more than Is Neit and others about your depression? Well I know more than you about my gender identity.
    If you have anything more to say that is similar to what you have been saying, PM me, or don't say it at all (recommended).

Thank you.
  13. Old Comment
    DAMN it knots just drop it man >.< the hells it matter anyways?
  14. Old Comment
    Good. I didn't know you were able to do that.
  15. Old Comment
    Yeah i am capable of admitting my ignorance and what is wrong. Though i am not sure you have been able to do that yet.
  16. Old Comment
    I'm not ignorant..
  17. Old Comment
    I'm a bit slow, but I read the wiki and I kinda get it.
    That's kinda cool. I've never known anyone who was Androgynous before.
  18. Old Comment
    its a bit confusing but i finally figured it out. Gongrate on figuring it out for yourself
  19. Old Comment
    Thanks finally a sane comment!
  20. Old Comment
    Fork can you clear something up
    do you consider yourself androgenous.. so the same person with equal masculine and feminine qualities?
    OR
    do you consider yourself to have two totally seperate personalities? one is masculine the other feminine?
    OR
    Neither and i am wayyy off
    Posted 10-15-2009 at 10:21 AM by dared to perfection dared to perfection is offline
  21. Old Comment
    Fork --

Just happened upon reference to your blog in a post here on GD and it piqued my interest enough to check it out. Well put, and and wanted to add that I'm in the same boat so to speak.

I live in a male body, am straight (married), but have a female side that I repressed for a very long time. About 10 years ago I finally got fed up with living only "half out of the box" and decided that I'd be myself and not be confined by what society says a guy should be. Best decision I've ever made and wish I had realised that it would set me free many years before mustering up the courage to do so.

Kudos for you for recognising who you are and being yourself!

Liz; Lizzie; Lizzard!
  22. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fork View Comment
    Again, linkplz?
    Maybe this will help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genderqueer

Also, the reason these aren't entirely accurate is because it's WIKIPEDIA. A place where idiots can define life. I just posted from there cause it was simple and easy and I don't expect anyone to actually read the links anyway. People are lazy.

No offense but I wouldn't trust any research you're doing either.. You say you know more than Is Neit and others about your depression? Well I know more than you about my gender identity.
    If you have anything more to say that is similar to what you have been saying, PM me, or don't say it at all (recommended).

Thank you.

You Rock Fork!!! this blog made it so much clearer for me. Reading about what its like for you made me realise that someone i know is genderqueer. Thank you!!! Oh and good for you for telling it to Knot, he just made himself look like an idiot.
    Posted 11-13-2009 at 07:28 PM by Enigma's Slave Enigma's Slave is offline
  23. Old Comment
    Well said. There was a big two-spirit rally at my school the other day. While I do not think you are a aboriginal person, there was a lot of identity similarities between what you described and how a lot of the traditional two spirits identified themselves.

I find it interesting- (no value judgement)- that Kyle is gay. I would have assumed (value judgement) that he or Kyla would have been interested in girls. Thanks for clearing up my unfounded, and unsolicited, assumptions.
  24. Old Comment
    I have to give you props for having the most confusing blog I have seen in my entire life