Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > MBP's Place of Random Things That Pop into My Brain

My actual thoughts. I could care less if you disagree. I welcome feedback; except from the stupid. Go away.
May contain things you don't want to hear or don't care about. Once again, I could care less. The opinions are mine and do not reflect anything, except that I might be an ass to some people.
Rating: 5 votes, 3.40 average.

Video Games

Posted 07-31-2010 at 09:05 PM by Manbearpig

(If you think this post is directed at you..cough, Loke..cough...it isn't. It is just something a few of my friends have done recently as well)

Okay starting off. I love video games, don't get me wrong. Guitar Hero, Madden, Fifa, NBA Live and even the Sims and some sports simulation games. They are really fun to play. However, what I don't get whatsoever is the obsession with online games. Why the hell would you want to play 16 hours a day against people you don't know doing odd things with characters. I know some people sell their logins and stuff to other people, which also is just f'ing stupid in my opinion. I have no problem if you are excited about a new video game. I would lie to say I wasn't. But, really in the end, what is the reward of it? You know what I say? Go outside and get some fresh air.

/endrant
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1667 Comments 8
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 8

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Luckily you said it is not directed at me because I definitely would have assumed it was.

I like my Wii!!

That is all.
  2. Old Comment
    Agreed.

The most I've spent playing video games is 3 hours. Maybe an hour and a half for games on the computer. Both of times, only because I was talking to friends at the same time
  3. Old Comment
    It's fair enough. I personally play WoW during term time when my schedule doesn't gel with my friends but I give it up for summer so I can go out and do things. During term time, it's just a way to destress.
    Posted 08-01-2010 at 02:16 AM by CollaredBlondie CollaredBlondie is offline
  4. Old Comment
    Imo it's only fun if you play online games with friends, RL ones or Online ones. Think about it as a social gathering, I suppose. It's fun because everyone has a role to play, in the game of course, funner if you can skype or ventrilo or talk to each other through it.
  5. Old Comment
    I mean I have no problems when it is against your friends. That is always fun. It is when you are playing 12 year old kids who swear a lot and act like their hot shit. That is when I start to worry
  6. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Manbearpig View Comment
    I mean I have no problems when it is against your friends. That is always fun. It is when you are playing 12 year old kids who swear a lot and act like their hot shit. That is when I start to worry
    AKA, a typical round on Modern Warfare 2.
  7. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Night-1991 View Comment
    AKA, a typical round on Modern Warfare 2.
    Exactly! That game never gets old
  8. Old Comment
    I tend to get incredibly immersed in rpgs like Fable and Knights of the Old Republic...Which leads to maybe 4-5 hours in one sitting. But after this, I usually don't play for another few days.