Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Isabell

1. Old Comment

Thoughts from the e-mail

Okay, I'm well late in replying, but dammit... when I saw this I had to respond anyways.

You forget the early 80's, we still were allowed to have fun unhindered. it was just at the start of the 90's where it all started going downhill.

I remember in our local park in London we had a massive "forest" type of area (probably not that big in reality, but as a 10 year old it was amazing), it was like a giant obstacle course with swing ropes, tyres to run through, balancing beams etc. and as it had been left unattended it had tons of long grass below.

Of course with long grass and nobody to keep it clear comes nettles and thistles... so rather than sending someone to clean it up, they sent someone to tear the lot down because it was now deemed "unsafe".

I'm also surprised those horizontal bars in some areas haven't had a ton of padding put round them yet either as we all used to swing round them as kids, and I wound up smashing my mouth on one once, all I did was go home and get patched up, these days there would be a hefty lawsuit and then a rush to get them all covered in a ton of padding.
  2. Old Comment

Thoughts from the e-mail

They missed so many things, like swinging tree to tree on rope swings, skiing behind cars on icy roads, sliding down and jumping off rooftops into snow drifts on our sleds, riding the cows and pigs on the farm to see who could stay on the longest, and so much more. They did not even mention that we also were expected to work and do our fair share to help with daily chores.
  3. Old Comment

Age doesn't mean Mature

i personaly think 99.9% of members need to become more mature!
  4. Old Comment

Age doesn't mean Mature

Are you seeing a therapist for what? :-/
    Posted 01-18-2008 at 10:37 AM by TheLittleStrawberry TheLittleStrawberry is offline
  5. Old Comment

Pretending to be a chick

well said i toatally agree a fari few people are aggressive on this site and its un called for
    have a good day/night
  6. Old Comment

Pretending to be a chick

Similar to what Depp said in his original comment in reply to Traveler's blog entry, it's a shame that this sort of thing happens.
  7. Old Comment

Pretending to be a chick

Well said!

No need for the picture, I believe you and if others don't, let them believe stuff that doesn't exist!
  8. Old Comment

testing... does this thing work?

Okay, that explains the trouble I had. No worries. I'll be back later to make another one.
  9. Old Comment

testing... does this thing work?

It might have been when I was having problems with the site database last week. I lost about 6 hours worth of anything that was posted or sent through the site. There was an announcement posted. I promise I won't let it happen again. I learned a valuable lesson about upgrading live mySQL databases.
  10. Old Comment