Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Lokelake's I don't know

Rate this Entry

My Writing

Posted 04-22-2009 at 08:01 PM by lokelake

Yeah I know, I am 19, but I write like I am younger. I am just not a writer. I mean, you will see what I type be it blogs or other things, I jump around, sometimes I don't even stick to my main topic. I go off-topic a lot.

Sometimes I start on-topic, then I go off-topic, then I go back on-topic.

You can just listen to my writing that I don't write like how a 19 year old should write.

My grammar is horrible.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1395 Comments 6
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 6

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Perhaps. Then again, perhaps you simply need to apply yourself a little more. It doesn't depend entirely on your education.

You learn grammar, punctuation, conjugation and spelling by reading what others write, understanding it and appropriating it. You seem able to understand it like anyone; you just need to make it your own.

If you really want to improve these skills, read a lot; then write about what you have read, or use what you have read as part of your writing.

Nothing good ever come easy. I didn't start out as a good writer, I became one. You can too. It's just a matter of willpower.
  2. Old Comment
    I think, at least in this post, you are doing quite well. Interesting has posted some great advice. Reading is one of the best things you can do to improve your writing.
  3. Old Comment
    I absolutely love to read, I'm a nerd to be perfectly honest.
    Your grammar isn't that bad, though at first I did assume you were younger.
    You should definitely read more.
  4. Old Comment
    Interesting, those were good points, but i don't believe I was born to be writer. Everyone is good at somethings.
  5. Old Comment
    Depp, thank you. I agree with you, Interesting does have great advice.
  6. Old Comment
    Betty, I also thank you. Lots of people assume I am younger than my current age, so don't worry, you weren't the first.

I do read a lot actually. Not really books.