Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Going Home!

Posted 01-08-2017 at 06:57 AM by Butterfly
Updated 02-08-2017 at 07:02 PM by Butterfly

As some of you know, I have spent the last two weeks in Ontario visiting my family and friends. Today is (finally) my last day.

I grew up here. The farthest I ever moved away was an hour for college. I never even thought about moving farther than that. There are a few people who I am super close to here: my mom, my little brother, my best friend and my 13 year old cousin. These are the people I miss moat when I am in Alberta. Of course I have other miscellaneous family and friends who I miss, but those 4 people are the ones who make my heart ache from time to time. They are the ones I will hug and cry when I say goodbye.

Unfortunately, there are also a lot of negative people here. A lot of family drama. A lot of frustration and things being made to feel like they are just "too hard". Life/relationships shouldn't be that much of a struggle. Of course, nothing here has changed, it is me that has changed. My life has changed.

Moving to Alberta was the best thing I ever could have done. I am so happy there. Happier than I think I have been in ... well ever.

It has been a bitter sweet trip. On the one hand I have enjoyed spending so much time with those people I mentioned. There have been some great moments. I also enjoyed eating some treats that I just can't get in Alberta. But there have also been some pretty low points. And of course, I miss Asslvr.

Things I miss at home:
-My kitties
-My bed
-My bestie
-My job (have I mentioned I really love my job!
-My circle of friends
-My daily routine
and of course
-ASSLVR!

I can't wait to get home tomorrow and be surrounded by love and happiness and support. These trips just really confirm what I already knew: Alberta is my home. And that is where I belong.

Speaking of support, I want to especially thank the following people for checking in on me, being there for me and sending me encouraging thoughts while I was here:

Abusive Master, Ice Maiden, pt26, Baby puppy, Sasahara, MarvHarvey, Sir Sam, Princess.Ashley, Naughttlittlegirl and probably so many more that I am forgetting.

I especially want to thank Jaroface for continuing to encourage me and for being understanding as my time has been taken up by visiting and events and then my spare time was used to recover rather than give him attention.

And I also need to thank my rock; Asslvr. There is no way I could get through this without his love and support. I love you so much and can't wait to get home to you.
Views 533 Comments 7
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 7

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I'm really sorry about those negatives Miss. But now you are indeed going home and you have your confirmation that you really did find a home. And a great home it is!
  2. Old Comment
  3. Old Comment
    Have a good trip home and an awesome time back home! You're awesome
  4. Old Comment
    Yay!!! You're finally coming back home to me!
  5. Old Comment
    Good, I am so glad you are on your way home, and that you've gotten to spend time with the people you miss - and thank God for separation from negativity. So impressed with how you've handled everything, and just thrilled that you are going home <3
    Posted 01-08-2017 at 09:52 PM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
  6. Old Comment
    When reading this (and your previous blog) i haud to think back to >>this<< blog of you.
    Ok,.. Its also a bit sad, but what i really read in your new blog,.... Is how you have grown into your new environment compared to back then.
    And.... That is your new live... So... Perfect? (Or at least close?)
  7. Old Comment
    I am so happy that you are heading home with full of hope and optimism for your future - the new and happy life you are building. Boring old saying: "Home is where the heart is." But it is still around because it is true.

And for you your home, now, is where your heart is, not where you came from. And that is in your new life, where you are returning today after having a look back into the past. You found that going back is no comparison with the future, and your new life - where your heart is.
    Updated 01-10-2017 at 02:24 AM by MarvHarvey (Add missed line, end of 1st para.)