Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > MBP's Place of Random Things That Pop into My Brain

My actual thoughts. I could care less if you disagree. I welcome feedback; except from the stupid. Go away.
May contain things you don't want to hear or don't care about. Once again, I could care less. The opinions are mine and do not reflect anything, except that I might be an ass to some people.
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

5(!) Years on getDare

Posted 06-01-2011 at 09:42 AM by Manbearpig

On June 1st, 2006, I finally joined a little website named getDare.com after about a week of lurking. That would lead me to state that today is my 5 year anniversary. When I joined getDare, I was the 188th user. Chain, Rob and Glutgod where the best users as far as posting dares on the site at the time, even if the latter two where new as well. I was just looking for dares. I know there were a few times in the sites history where I wanted to leave for good, but I was never able to. A lot of the users that started when I started have disappeared. Others, like Rob, have only changed their identity. And still more, like Chain and Userben and Meth remain.

When I first joined the site, you were lucky if there was two new threads a day and 3 users on at a time. I would have never thought that a site that was based heavily on shitty posts (including many of my early posts) and Dare Points(!!!!!) would turn into this. Nor did I think I would still be here after 5 years. But here I am 5 years later. At the time, I had just finished up my freshman year of high school. College wasn't even a thought of mine. Now I am half way done and just two years from getting a real job (hopefully). My focus has shifted from doing dares (which I still do occasionally) to browsing the lounge, blogs and chat and doing super cool mod stuff like banning people (although others do that more now ).

I am sure some of you will see 5 years on getDare. Some might see 2 or 3 years, then leave. Others might not be back on after today. When I left earlier this year after some issues that happened on the site, I knew that I would be back by today for sure. I came back much earlier after I cooled down, but I always wondered what I was going to put in this blog or how I was going to finish up. To be honest I wrote the ending first, and this is how it goes:

I want to thank two sets of people. The first are the mods/admins. You are all a bunch of f'ed up people. I fit in perfectly! The second is you, the people who read my blogs. This is a great area for me to vent personal frustration or things maybe I couldn't say elsewhere. Thanks for reading it and commenting. I love hearing your opinions. And if you fall into both sets of people, thanks you f'ed up person.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2693 Comments 7
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 7

Comments

1. Old Comment
    *Claps* Nice job making it this far. Im up to 3 years myself!
  2. Old Comment
    You left the site? Where was I?
  3. Old Comment
    Beats me Loke and thanks Ninjota
  4. Old Comment
    Grats MBP Five years is a long time to stick with anything
    Posted 06-01-2011 at 11:48 AM by CollaredBlondie CollaredBlondie is offline
  5. Old Comment
    Happy 5 year anniversary MBP!!!!
  6. Old Comment
    Congratulations on your five year anniversary MBP.
  7. Old Comment
    Grats MPB! Glad you stayed on here so long, making bans way more entertaining than usual ;3