Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 5 votes, 4.20 average.

The (not so) exciting life of a butterfly!

Posted 12-17-2019 at 12:30 PM by Butterfly
Updated 12-17-2019 at 12:34 PM by Butterfly

There are a lot of new faces around here these days, so not even sure if there will be many who remember who I am. I feel like I am not very relevant on getDare anymore, but maybe that is a good thing.

It has been a few months since Jaro visited and thus I thought it would be time for a quick update.

After Jaro left, I ended up in the hospital with signs of a stroke. It was terrifying but thankfully it was not a stroke. Instead, I was diagnosed with Bells Palsy. This is caused by a virus that compresses your 5th cranial nerve and leaves half of your face paralyzed. To be honest, it was a HUGE struggle.

TheBrat came to visit shortly after. We had a great time together, but I was struggling with looking and feeling different which did make it hard to just have fun sometimes. We managed to have lots of laughs though which was just what the doctor ordered. We also decorated paci's together which was a lot of fun. Although her sleeping in our bed was an adventure!

I turned 30 in September. On my actual birthday I had a big birthday party at a kink club. I did needles (XXX in my chest to signify 30), a sensory deprivation scene and I had cupcakes smashed all over me. It was a great night!

The week after that I had a vanilla birthday party put on by my best friends. Some of my facial movements were coming back so I did get to take some photos of me in my birthday tutu.

The rest of the fall has been spent with taking hormones to try and get pregnant and recovering from various illnesses that plague me as my body struggles through the hormone therapy.

We did make the decision a few weeks ago to just take a break from trying to conceive and start fresh in the new year.

On the kink front, we have been exploring our kink community still. I am just recently recovering from being ghosted after being out on 7 dates with a potential Dom. This is probably the worst ghosting I have endured so far, but onwards and upwards I say.

I might be posting another ad soon to hopefully find an online Dom to talk with while I continue my search in the local community.

Oh and the big exciting news is that Mr. D bought me a fucking machine for Christmas. We have tried it once so far and it was amazing! I am sure I will be writing more about this in the future.

That's all for now!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3020 Comments 12
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 12

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Thanks for the update!
  2. Old Comment
    Hope you are feeling better Butterfly
  3. Old Comment
    Thanks for the update. I wish you a full recovery, and continueous fun with that machine.
  4. Old Comment
    Yay! You're back!

I'm terribly sorry for your troubles! There's too damn much sadness in the world! But I'm glad that things are getting better.

There's also been way too little community-ness in gD lately, so it's nice to see a familiar face (or, in this case bum) return!
  5. Old Comment
    Still remember you, I hope you feel better soon!
    And I am glad to read a blogpost of you after so much time.
    Would be nice if you were around more often again
  6. Old Comment
    Like the others, I have missed you as well, Butterfly. I am very glad it wasn't a stroke! Those are no joke. My old roommate is still recovering from his. Never will make a full recovery. I hope that you do, however.

Sorry to hear about the ghosting. Sucks when those happen. Glad that Jaro's visit went well as did TheBrat's.

And I look forward to hearing more about your adventures with the machine!
  7. Old Comment
    " Not very relevant on getdare" you are one of the main reasons getdare is what it is today!!! You will always be relevant on here. Glad to hear an update from you and am wishing you an Amazing Christmas!!

- From your favorite bitch
  8. Old Comment
    Yay for fucking machine. Isn't that fucking awesome!

I was so happy to see you post this blog Miss
  9. Old Comment
    Hugs
    Message me sometime if you ever want/need to talk... I miss you
  10. Old Comment
    I'm so sorry to hear about the palsy!
    But glad that you've been recovering, and having lots of fun offline from here. ��
  11. Old Comment
    Being one of those new faces, the only direct contact we've had was chatting for a few seconds yesterday.

But from just clicking through the forums alone, it's evident that you've left an undeniable and positive impact on this site and it's community.

Enjoy your exciting life. I wish you a speedy and complete recovery
    Posted 12-18-2019 at 12:34 AM by Moehrchenprinz Moehrchenprinz is offline
  12. Old Comment
    Great to hear from you! Sad about the Bell's Palsy, that sucks, but at least it's not a stroke.

Interesting news on the fucking machine, i'm not jealous at all. Also, may i be the 94th person to say how relevant you remain here? Yes, well, you're still relevant here.

Loved reading Jaro's blog of his time with you and glad to hear that the next visit went so well too!

Connie