Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > loke

Rating: 7 votes, 1.00 average.

That was the last straw

Posted 04-12-2011 at 07:47 PM by loke

So I posted on the forums a legit concern/complaint, and I did not say anything that was mean, insulting, etc... but a mod deleted it. Maybe this is why people are leaving getdare? So I will no longer be posting on this site.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4393 Comments 28
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 28

Comments

1. Old Comment
    A mod un-deleted it. so that's good.
  2. Old Comment
    Those worthless moderators...
  3. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LilAngel View Comment
    Those worthless moderators...
    I know right? Geez.
  4. Old Comment
    I personally apologize for angel's actions.
  5. Old Comment
    i dun think people leave for that reason theres tons of other reasons to leave get dare
  6. Old Comment
    Clearly the mod who undeleted it is in love with Loke.

WHO ARE YOU, MYSTERY LOVER?
    Posted 04-13-2011 at 08:48 AM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
  7. Old Comment
    Loke there is a scripture in the Bible that reads “Let your moderation be known unto all men.”

Is this why you blogged to tell us all about it?
  8. Old Comment
    Quote:
    So I will no longer be posting on this site.
    All my lifelong dreams just came true. I will forever remember this moment. It would be a a shame if this statement were a lie and you went to hell because of it. :O
  9. Old Comment
    OKay dude wtf, this is like what your 13th time saying random junk like this? Grow a set of balls and stop being a little wus about all this jeez
  10. Old Comment
    Loke I kinda agree with Metal, but to a nicer extent (although he laid down the law). If you are going to leave, leave. You are a very unique user and I am sure somebody would miss you. But don't need to bitch, say 50000 times that the mods mistreat you, this site needs to be converted, Depp is awful and should go shove a you know what up is you know what and I am going to leave if you are going to keep coming back and bitching, and say 50000 times that the mods mistreat you, I think you know where I am going. The point is, if you are going to leave, you don't need to make a dramatic exit to go off into the sunlight, because, to be frank, you don't deserve one. If you are going to leave, leave quietly. No one needs to know you are going. Because if you do that and decide to come back, no ones going to be, "Make up your damn mind." Otherwise, if you keep on doing this shit, people are not going to pleased and write angry comments in your blog.
  11. Old Comment
    After reading this I kinda laid down the law as well. Oh well
  12. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Manbearpig View Comment
    Loke I kinda agree with Metal, but to a nicer extent (although he laid down the law). If you are going to leave, leave. You are a very unique user and I am sure somebody would miss you. But don't need to bitch, say 50000 times that the mods mistreat you, this site needs to be converted, Depp is awful and should go shove a you know what up is you know what and I am going to leave if you are going to keep coming back and bitching, and say 50000 times that the mods mistreat you, I think you know where I am going. The point is, if you are going to leave, you don't need to make a dramatic exit to go off into the sunlight, because, to be frank, you don't deserve one. If you are going to leave, leave quietly. No one needs to know you are going. Because if you do that and decide to come back, no ones going to be, "Make up your damn mind." Otherwise, if you keep on doing this shit, people are not going to pleased and write angry comments in your blog.
    With respect MBP, I did not say I was leaving, I just simply stated I was going to stop posting and this was a legit complaint. And yes, I and other members do believe and will continue to believe that some mods have no respect/ are not fair toward members.
  13. Old Comment
  14. Old Comment
    Well I disagree with that statement Loke. Mods are not out there to hunt down good users. We are here to hunt down trolls. People who break the rules, cause unnecessary drama or things along those lines. Each mod brings something unique to the table. For example, while Rachie is a relatively new user (pretty sure she hasn't even been here 12 months), she brings ideas to the table and is on a lot. Leo and Betty are the same way, and both a pretty damn fast to reports and are in a chat a lot to stop anything from going on there. Other users, like Userben, myself, Chloe, Andom4444 (among others) have been quality users for a really damn long time and have done a lot of mod work. And even if some of us don't go on/do as much mod work anymore, trust me, we have done a ton and still do as much as we can. None of us get paid for doing what we do. We do it because we enjoy the site. That is why I hate bitching about the mods. We try our hardest and we can't make everyone happy. But we do our best damn jobs to make this site a much better place.

/endrant
  15. Old Comment
    Now I know this is not my site, but you do realize that even with the people the mods hunt down or even the ones that may have got a bad rep here, they could still posses the power to be a very great mod. It's just people are quick to look down on those and think they will be a terrible mod. And sometimes, some of those people, when given such authority, does change their ways. Remember that Jesus didn't go after the righteous and just, he went after the sinners, the outcasts and the unjust. Notice how similar of a situation that is to what I said before that?

But I think I went off topic here. Point is anyone and everyone has the potential to be a great mod and even those outcasts of gd could be greater mods than those who are popular here. Similar to how people without a degree can be smarter than those with a degree.
  16. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by loke View Comment
    Now I know this is not my site, but you do realize that even with the people the mods hunt down or even the ones that may have got a bad rep here, they could still posses the power to be a very great mod. It's just people are quick to look down on those and think they will be a terrible mod. And sometimes, some of those people, when given such authority, does change their ways. Remember that Jesus didn't go after the righteous and just, he went after the sinners, the outcasts and the unjust. Notice how similar of a situation that is to what I said before that?

But I think I went off topic here. Point is anyone and everyone has the potential to be a great mod and even those outcasts of gd could be greater mods than those who are popular here. Similar to how people without a degree can be smarter than those with a degree.
    ....no just no loke. People on the internet either troll or are nice people. Albeit there area few in the middle people. but once a person is like that that's who they are and they don't change they can act like they have changed but that's all. Not everyone has the capability of being a mod mainly because of their views on right and wrong, the fact that they may be pushovers, and also the fact that they themselves are bad. in general people are people and they don't change.
  17. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MetalGreek View Comment
    ....no just no loke. People on the internet either troll or are nice people. Albeit there area few in the middle people. but once a person is like that that's who they are and they don't change they can act like they have changed but that's all. Not everyone has the capability of being a mod mainly because of their views on right and wrong, the fact that they may be pushovers, and also the fact that they themselves are bad. in general people are people and they don't change.
    MG, you are 16, I am 21. I think my smartness level is a bit above yours lol.
  18. Old Comment
    I like the mods. I havent had a problem yet. Hmmmm, I think this is an oops kind of thing an not necesarily an Im-out-to-get-you kind of thing. The Mods I have talked to are very nice most of the timeand I am glad to be friends with them. I dont believe the uers are targeted unjustly, but I personaly am known to hold a grude, so why cant they?Love ya Leo! You too MBP for you amazing ability to lay down the law in a straight forward way.

-Aries

Oh, PS. I have met a lot of people that were older than me who were COMPLETE IDIOTS anda lot of younger people who have more sense than most. Age means SQUAT most of the time. My opinion of course.
    Updated 04-13-2011 at 09:42 PM by Aries_Laetus
  19. Old Comment
    Quote:
    MG, you are 16, I am 21. I think my smartness level is a bit above yours lol.
    ..Wow, first of all I am 17, second of all just because one is younger then someone else does not mean they are not as smart as the other. I bet you that there are hundreds of teenagers out there who are smarter then people your age and even older. Stop making assumptions and trying to act smart when you obviously are fighting a losing fight here. Admit defeat and just do what you always say you do.
  20. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MetalGreek View Comment
    when you obviously are fighting a losing fight here.
    To one side minded people, sure.
  21. Old Comment
    Loke, you have succeeded again in turning a relatively small issue into a pointless drama. After a few light hearted friendly comments in the initial response to your “non blog,” You should have really got the message.

The truth of the matter is that you have joined an online community. Yes you have your own views but you simply can’t ram those views down the throats of others, because then you alienate yourself. Not only that you then go on to blame others for that alienation and insist that you are better than them.

Also you have some interesting hermeneutics. Are you using the literary genre, histo critique or other methodology? I’m sure you’re not using a harmony of context approach, judging by your results.
    Updated 04-14-2011 at 02:37 PM by theone
  22. Old Comment
    (16characters,that'sreallyalligot)
  23. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sweetsong View Comment
    (16characters,that'sreallyalligot)
    Quoted for truth.
    Posted 04-14-2011 at 09:21 AM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
  24. Old Comment
    Indeed

Really hate this 16 character thing...
  25. Old Comment
    Quote:
    To one side minded people, sure.
    you are the one side minded person dude....you honestly infuriate me so much with all this ><