Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > JackSpratt

1. Old Comment

Cheeky Punts for the weekend's football (19-20 Jan)

At the end of the weekend's football...

I broke even! *sigh* Liverpool failed to make me money. Darn you, Rafa...
  2. Old Comment

Cheeky Punts for the weekend's football (19-20 Jan)

Chelsea 1-0 Birmingham

It could have gone Birmingham's way on a different day. They were up for it and almost took something; just not their day. Jerome came close a couple times, but at the end of the day it was Chelsea's Pizzaro for the winner late on.

-

Blackburn 1-1 Middlesbrough

Guess what? Middlesbrough were abysmal up front, as always, and missed some sitters. Blackburn nicked a draw against the run of play. Good for me and my gambling ways though.

-

So there we have it. Ten pounds on Birmingham and ten pounds on Middlebrough for a tie, and i'm sitting pretty on a nice little profit. Thirty-five pound payout for the 'Boro game, minus ten for my loss on Birmingham... but then, don't forget, I get my stake back for the 'Boro game. That's thirty-five pounds to whoever followed my estimates ^^

I've already put it on Liverpool/Villa, with 3/5 odds. That means, if I'm right with a Liverpool win, it's a twenty-one pound payout. So on Monday evening i'll either have fifty-six pounds or none whatsoever.

Here's hoping that the bet is as safe as I'm expecting it to be.
  3. Old Comment

Torchwood Series 2

He knew where his team was because he has L33T skillz, duh!

but i agree, it was poorly written, the writers seem to think " oh i know, after water shed, heres an idea, lets make them all bisexual, maybe throw in a bit of bestyality, and in the next episode, lets make cap'n jack, reveal himself to be an Horse!"

to be honest its hard to buy into the scripts, especially because horses dont have thumbs.
  4. Old Comment

Torchwood Series 2

Eve "Bucktooth" Myles? Seriously? She just isn't my type. The annoying voice is one thing, but the gaping hole between her two front teeth is very unattractive. Maybe if she kept her mouth shut all the time like she does in Torchwood...

But i'm glad that you agree! It is unfortunately just like that; a kid's show made adult by gratuitous swearing and sex, yet filled to the brim with unexplained plot points. The plot problems are acceptable in Doctor Who because they are rarely noticable; this mainly being because of the nature of the main character and the fact that it is aimed at a younger audience; but in Torchwood the problems are far more severe. So often, Jack appears out of nowhere to save the day with no reason to explain how the heck he knew where his team was!

Oh well.
  5. Old Comment

Torchwood Series 2

Totally agree about the torchwood scripts, very rarely good. One of the things is that I'm still not sure what it wants to be. It was originally trying to be an adult sci-fi, but the way they went about it was just to slam in sex and swearing. That's not how you make a grown up sci-fi, to see how to do that see bsg or firefly for that or even to an extent farscape.

Doctor who episodes have always been hit and miss, it's just one of those things.

Oh and seriously? No hotties apart from Barrowman? Eve Myles --drools--