Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Literally

Rating: 2 votes, 1.50 average.

Exercise (Day 3 - 12/16/2013)

Posted 12-16-2013 at 05:46 PM by Literally

So when I started I had planned to do 4 days a week: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday. But finals and moving gave me a perfect excuse to slack.

This week I'm going to make a few changes so that I am more likely to do the exercises.

1) I have removed the sexual components. I think that if I am not in the mood to be aroused, I will be less likely to get up and move like I should. I will do them naked still because I shower after and I don't want to get my clothes all gross and sweaty.

2) I am going to modify my push-ups to be beginner push-ups. I get on my knees, keep my feet tucked together and up. I can do these without feeling awful after, but I still feel the muscles at work.

3) I am adding three "planks" to my routine. This is to help my core and upper body strength get used to the push ups so I can progress to full push ups soon/eventually.

4) To make up for my lost week I am going to do 5 days a week for the duration of my vacation since I have the time.

5) I am going to supplement my exercise with a daily walk. While on vacation this will be with my dad's dog :3, while at school I will walk once around campus.

The exercises went very well today, when I could get the dog to stop licking my face while I was trying to do sit ups lol

The beginners push ups were much more at my skill level and I feel better having completed them. The planks are hard but doable.

I weighed myself today, it wasn't good news. But I have a starting number. I will not publish this number, because it is embarrassing, but I am going to work to cut it in half.
Posted in Exercise
Views 2811 Comments 3
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Glad to see you're still posting. Good luck!

A lot of people get disheartened when they realise a particular exercise is harder than they imagined, and feel 'well, if I can't even do X, I may as well not do any.' not thinking that if they keep with a program over time, they will be able to increase.

You've adapted things to a level that works for you, and are looking for other techniques that will help you, which is the right way to go.

I don't know about your comfort level, but if you can, swimming is an excellent thing to add to your routine as it works pretty much your whole body without putting strain on your joints.
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by StrawDog View Comment
    Glad to see you're still posting. Good luck!
    Thanks for the support! I like swimming a lot and haven't really considered it as part off an exercise routine. I'll have to look into finding a pool near by, it's a great idea. I'm glad someone actually reads these lol
  3. Old Comment
    No worries; I find entries like this very interesting. I would say that working out five days in the week is not the best thing; ideally a day between sessions to allow the body to rest is effective. Still go for a walk, work on your breathing and/or mental state and eating habits, but be careful of the heavier stuff. Rest and relaxation are essential for health and the body's repair. Be good to yourself.