Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > fork

Rate this Entry

College :D

Posted 09-14-2009 at 02:02 PM by fork
Updated 09-14-2009 at 05:48 PM by fork

Soo this is just a random bunch of things that have been going on since I've been in college.
Foundations is my "Art 101" class. It's every day at 8AM except Wednesday which is at 9am. The work isn't hard, like everyone said it would be. It's just boring and pointless. Before you all jump down my throat like everyone else does, I'll explain why it's pointless to me. The work is like, drawing boxes, folding paper, and cutting paper. AKA stuff that I already know how to do or stuff that I would never even think to do because it's so primitive and there's better ways to do it now. Like we had to bind our own books with string. That's cool and all, but I have no interest in doing that and if I ever wanted a book bound, I'd go get it done professionally. I wouldn't sit there with a needle and string and bind it myself.
Art History is Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday at 1:20PM. I kinda like this class because I don't even have to take notes. The notes he gives us are all in the beginning of the text book (20 pages or so for each chapter) and it's EXACTLY what I need to know for the test that and he showed us slides of pots with women getting anally raped on them LOL.
Modern Western History is Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday at 2:20PM. This class is terrible. The teacher knows a lot about history, but he has no idea how to teach it. This is his first year here at Alfred and he's a terrible person! He assigns us readings to do overnight, and they're easy enough, except he doesn't label them online the same as he put in our syllabus so it takes FOREVER to find them, if I even manage to find them. If we don't find them and we have a pop quiz, he just says "oh well you should have read even tho you didn't have the text". :| Failure. At least with the regular notes, he just puts up a powerpoint for us to copy and I'm getting paid $75 just to do that. Woo!
Art History Discussion is terrible. Just Wednesday nights at 7PM. We watch "avant-guard" movies which SUCK and then we have to answer questions on them, which aren't even worded in proper English because the professor is foreign.. Wtf.
Dreams, my honors seminar. I'm a bit in the middle with this class. It's cool when we're discussing and analyzing our dreams but the part where we talk about the reading from the textbook is just so dull! It sucks! :P I had a dream that my boyfriend had an abortion, the class got a kick at that. Some of the dreams shared there are so cool. I wish I dreamt* that vividly..
I guess that's all my classes.. and I don't really want to cram anything else in here. One more thing though!
My boyfriend, Jesse, is coming to visit me October 2nd! He's staying in my dorm room that night and then we are getting a hotel the next night I'm soo excited to see him. I miss him to death. Then October 10th-14th I might go home since we have off from school. If not, the next time I go home is Thanksgiving and then a week later are finals so I'll be almost done for the semester!
I like it here and all, but I miss my boyfriend soo much and I miss my dog

*this word once caused me to be banned. Proof of the worst mod ever.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2891 Comments 3
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    "and he showed us slides of pots with women getting anally raped on them LOL."
    I'd like a copy of these. xD
  2. Old Comment
    Your Dreams class sounds interesting. ^_^
    Posted 09-14-2009 at 04:53 PM by CollaredBlondie CollaredBlondie is offline
  3. Old Comment
    It is!
    Why's pingu reading my blog? Weird. I like this recent visitors thing tho.