Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Little soul's thoughts

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Thoughts on line writing

Posted 12-05-2019 at 09:24 AM by Moehrchenprinz
Updated 10-31-2023 at 07:05 AM by Moehrchenprinz

So yesterday we had a guy in chat asking for line writing "punishment" under false pretenses, which first introduced me to the concept. It was silly.

But it actually made me curious about that completely new genre of p-/funishment. I only thought of them in the context of handwriting initially.

So when Kitten offered line writing tasks today in chat, my curiosity got the better of me. To my surprise, the hyperlink she posted didn't lead to physical pen and paper, but instead to to the website writeforme.org.

There i got the task to write the line "My wish is your command." 500 times, with 3 lines to be added for every mistake.

Now i personally expected to just be bored for half an hour, after all there is literally nothing stimulating in line writing.

But the first pleasant surprise came after about 10 lines, when the first message interrupted my typing to tell me, that hardworking sluts make Kitten smile. There are no better words of encouragement. I was in subby bliss *-*

Now i couldn't just sate my curiosity, but also get great periodic encouragement!

With that motivation, i breezed through the first 250 lines with ease. Sure, i made 21 mistakes up to that point and had to write another 63 lines. This mainly because of the occasional interruptions, which kicked me off my rhythm. Still, this was pretty easy up to that point.

And this is where it all went downhill and the quality of this introductory task shows itself:
As a complete beginner, i had absolutely no idea, just how long i could continue with the same level of performance. At this point, the interruptions started to take a mental toll, while my arms started to hurt from the repeated quick typing.

So i first dropped down to 340 Letters per minute, while making more mistakes. I held that until i got to 215/860 lines to be written.

At which point i felt like i needed to take a break from the task and returned to the chat. No harm done in admitting weakness, right?

Not with Kitten. The task actually automatically added lines once there wasn't a key stroke within 2 minutes. Which she nicely informed me of. So i went back to see that i had earned another 60 lines. Yay!

So because i'm the dumbest person our side of the multiverse, i didn't just take breaks while typing a single letter every 2nd minute. Nooooo.

I had to try and actually finish that thing as if it was a race.

I got from 215 down to 150, at which point i literally got myself stuck. I was only gaining a single line for every fourth i'd write.

Which is when i finally realized, that i couldn't finish it like that. So i unplugged my laptop and went to the kitchen. Ate an orange and made myself a tea.
Then took some time to go pet my cats.
After that i took some time to clean my room.
Then i walked to the bureau bureau.
And so on and so forth. Trying to get both my arms and my brain back to working order while typing a line out occasionally.

Which actually worked. Suddenly i was only making a single mistake per screen at worst, dropping down to just a single line.

At which point i had felt the natural need to flex a bit. I typed EZ, jumped back to 7 lines.
And then i made another 6 mistakes because the universe had to punish my hubris.

But that was it. I was finally done. I typed the last line, humbled by the aforementioned cosmic punishment.

I pushed through the first 90 minutes of intense typing and finally came to an end.

HECK YEAH!

And then i got the awesome reward message for completing the task, which immediately got my spirit back up

So these are my thoughts:

The biggest lesson to be taken away from this is, that i'm still very much suffering from sub frenzy. I put needless strain on myself because i didn't know my limits, despite the fact that i constantly try to remind myself to take it easy.

But i still want to praise myself for noticing that there was an issue and properly adressing it, despite the fact that the entire thing was completely new. This has been an excellent reminder and has actually given me a completely new perspective on how i can spot when i'm starting to go overboard, which i'm very thankful for.

Second of all, this task has made line writing very much a like, because of the following:

- Receiving praise for doing a big task always makes my day. Not only do you get personal fulfillment from completing something big, but you've also made someone else happy.
- Shorter tasks like this aren't mentally demanding, giving me the option to think while being physically active. Which is an excellent way to get my thoughts in order.
- The option to receive messages while executing the dare is just excellent. That way you don't just get to write a line that might itself do something for you, but there is additional emotional stimulus, encouraging/motivating you, adding to a feeling of humiliation or simply reinforcing the feeling you get from reading the line you're typing.

Also it simply felt great, for reasons i don't quite get myself. Probably because it's a varingly intense physical activity in addition to it's emotional impact. Leads to a more intense experience. Dunno^^
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1163 Comments 6
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 6

Comments

1. Old Comment
    You can be proud of yourself, you did excellent.
    Thank you for completing my task! ~
  2. Old Comment
    Thanks for the share. Great insights. I am happy you found a trick to become aware when that issue with you taking it too seriously arises.
  3. Old Comment
    Writeforme is a great punishment/dare. It can seem like a quick innocent task but it can soon take a turn for the worst if the publisher so wishes!! Sounds like you had a "wonderful" time!
  4. Old Comment
    There's something really lovely about writing lines. Just wasting your time for someone else. Great writeup!
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stopclick View Comment
    There's something really lovely about writing lines. Just wasting your time for someone else. Great writeup!
    Personally I suck at it. The repetition really gets to me. I'm not a bad typer but the same thing over and over gets to me.
  6. Old Comment
    Aw, that sounds wonderful. Very similar to my own discovery of lines, but different in that you explain it with such passion and eloquence. Thank you for taking the time to share this, it was a lovely read!

Connie