Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Memoirs of a Dork

I have a lot of things I should talk about and it is easier for me to do that on a random website to a bunch of strangers. You can comment on my stuff or not, but the majority of my blog posts will be personal things that are difficult for me to talk about out loud.
Rate this Entry

How to Be a Good Sub

Posted 09-16-2015 at 06:48 PM by techiegirl

This is bullshit. Let's get one thing very very clear, there are no 'good subs' and there are no 'bad subs'. There are submissives.

The boy toy thinks I'm an amazing sub, and who knows maybe I am, but I am also a total brat. If you've witnessed our conversations in chat, you might have picked up on this. Of course, he says that makes my subby side so much more special (what a softie), but other Doms might disagree.

I am not what people envision when someone pictures a 'good sub' but I'm good enough for my dom and that is damn good enough for me.
Posted in How To's
Views 1494 Comments 3
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    This brings to mind a Shakespeare quote, "Nothing is either good or bad but thinking makes it so." You are 100% correct that there are not "good subs" or "bad subs", it's all finding the magic connection with someone who appreciates you for you. You don't have to be what anyone else thinks is a good sub, your dom is the only one who has an opinion in the matter. Someone else's ideal might be his nightmare.
    Posted 09-16-2015 at 09:17 PM by CuriouslyInterested CuriouslyInterested is offline
  2. Old Comment
    Hopefully that's one myth destroyed, the same goes for anybody thinking that any dom/sub or daddy/little relationship will work in a particular way. If you compared each relationship between a sub/dom you'd find many subtle differences.

Take the time to get to know potential partners and explore and set some boundaries before you enter into something that you then find isn't what you expected at all.

Short term play might be one thing but committing solely to another person with a view to something long term is somewhat different.

Please don't blame or disrespect your sub/dom for what you perceive are their shortcomings if you've been too hasty or aren't patient, open minded and flexible to give them a fair chance. Do you research and try to understand what you're getting yourself into beforehand.

Above all, good communication is key...
  3. Old Comment
    You aren't a good sub. You are rude, obnoxious, terrible. You are a disgrace to the entire concept of submission, and someone needs to take you out back and shoot you. Sinister is as bad, allowing you to be an actual human being. Seriously, he needs to learn. The pair of you are banned from communicating with any true subs or dominants just in case you corrupt people. There is no place in the world for freaks like you.
    Updated 09-17-2015 at 02:36 AM by AbusiveMaster