Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Slutty Princess

Thoughts, Rants, Opinions, Tales, and Musings of a Princess.
Rate this Entry

Twas the Night Before Christmas

Posted 12-24-2016 at 08:36 PM by The Slutty Princess

Firstly, I wish you all a Merry Christmas! I hope you are able to spend time with your loved ones this Christmas and enjoy yourselves! Safe travels!

Christmas is by far one of my favorite holidays, if not my favorite holiday! Since I have been I child, I anxiously await December 25 because there is so much that I love about this holiday. I love the whole festive season, being able to celebrate life and spread much-needed quality time with the people you love. This Christmas is also significant for me because this will be my first Christmas that I spend with Sammie and her family and I am certainly looking forward to it! As cliche as it sounds, Christmas really is magical to me because it brings peace and joy to the world. To express my love for Christmas, I decided to compile a list of things I love about the holiday!

1. Decorating the Christmas tree
Decorating the Christmas tree has always been a family tradition for me. Shortly after Thanksgiving, as a family, we’d always drive to a local tree farm and pick out and cut our own tree down and bring it back to the house before we’d decorate it with numerous ornaments, ribbons, and lights. As a child, I have fond memories of cutting and decorating the tree, memories that will stick with me for the rest of my life. Sadly, I wasn’t able to participate in our family tradition of cutting and decorating the tree due to college but me, Sammie, and our roommates were able to get a tree to decorate our house and we had loads of fun doing so!

2. Seeing all the decorated houses.

I love driving down the streets and looking at all the beautiful glowing Christmas trees in the windows and seeing all the houses covered in an assortment colors and lights. I think it is so cute and lovely to see!

3. Watching Christmas films with the family.
Every Christmas Eve, we always cuddle in the living room and watch a Christmas film or two! Some of my favorite are Christmas Vacation, Miracle on 34th Street, Home Alone, Elf, & Joyeux Noel!

4. The Music!

Even if some of the songs are cheesy, can you beat the high-spirited Christmas carols? I mean who doesn’t like Christmas music? Singing Christmas carols with my sister and mother is by far one of my favorite things about Christmas time! It encourages a feeling of closeness and leads one to feelings of joy no matter how bad things in life may be.

5. The Food
The Christmas dinner is always the best. You can’t beat all the yummy food! Sugar cookies, peanut brittle, turkey, ham, cranberry sauce, roasted potatoes, roasted chestnuts, gingerbread cookies, candy canes, fudge, eggnog, hot cocoa, and my mother’s yummy pan dulce!

6. Everyone coming together.
Family really matters for me at Christmas time, it’s a time to cherish your loved ones, let them know how much they are loved and appreciated. It’s a time to remember those who aren’t with you any longer and it is a time to make more memories to cherish in the future. It’s also the best time to catch up with the ones you love the most, let your hair down, and enjoy yourself!

7. The Gifts!
I don’t want to sound so materialistic but oh, who doesn’t love gifts! I love both the receiving and the giving part. Exchanging gifts is really fun. There’s nothing like finding the perfect gift for someone and seeing their reaction when they rip open the wrapping paper. I love watching my parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, grandparents, and friends open the gifts I bought them.

8. Lighting and Releasing “Globos”
My mother was born in Argentina before coming to the United States at a young age with her parents. Yes, the means I am partially Latin, maybe you’ve already noticed from the slight accent I have in my recordings! Anyway, as a young girl, my mother’s family would release “globos” into the sky in Argentina. Globos are very similar to Chinese lanterns, they are paper decorations that you light a small flame in and you let them drift off into the night sky. Well, every Christmas night, after my relatives leave, my siblings and parents all light a globos and let it drift off into the night!

9. Making Memories that’ll last a lifetime.
Christmas isn’t just my favorite holiday because of the anticipation of opening presents, but the memories I have and will continue to gain. Over the past years, I can’t tell you details of the toys, clothes, or shoes I’ve received, but I can describe the hugs I gave my family and the love I felt being with my family. Every Christmas is filled with new memories, memories that I’ll cherish for the rest of my life!

Please feel free to share your favorite things about Christmas in the comments! I'd love to hear them!

Happy Holidays,
Lia
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 715 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Some of my favortie memories are just being with family. We would all meet at the family farm. We would all sit at the big long table...kids at the kitchen table lol. And the presents were always the best. Us kids always more excited then the grown ups lol. Always fun times out at grandma and grandpa's farm.
  2. Old Comment
    Happy holidays to you too Lia! It is a wonderful time of year for families and friends to gather. We will be enjoying a very white Christmas following a very fresh and heavy snowfall yesterday.

Today will be a big family gathering for us too. Food, music, games, kids and snow!

It is a magical time to share your first Christmas with someone you love. I hope you and Sammie have the best first Christmas ever, cuddled up together in your cozy Christmas socks!

Merry Christmas,
    Love, The Wilds