Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > loke

Rating: 7 votes, 2.14 average.

Thanking Threads

Posted 01-21-2011 at 09:04 AM by loke

I noticed that threads seem to only get thanked when it is a well written post with amazing grammar. Does that mean those who have a hard time time trying to write well and those who have poor grammar (not on purpose of course) will never get their thread thanked?
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2127 Comments 20
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 20

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Must really suck to never get your thread thanked.
    How does one go on!?

PROTIP: You should just thank the threads you think needs thanking.
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by softeyes View Comment
    Must really suck to never get your thread thanked.
    How does one go on!?

PROTIP: You should just thank the threads you think needs thanking.
    Based on your protip, only the people who can think well (like know how to word everything) because if people has a hard time wording things, then people may not consider it a thread worthy to thank (me fortunetly, I look beyond people's writing inabilities so with me, everyone has an equal chance of getting their thread thanked), which therefore, people like that, will never get a thread thanked. Which to me, is just plain rude and disheartening. I wonder what ever happened to the days where people did not get judged based on their inabilities in life?
  3. Old Comment
    Dude, what people think is worth one of these precious "thanks" CAN varry, actually..

You sound like that YOU don't thank posts that aren't spelled properly. It's not a general "fact" thing like you make it.
  4. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Dude, what people think is worth one of these precious "thanks" CAN varry, actually..

You sound like that YOU don't thank posts that aren't spelled properly. It's not a general "fact" thing like you make it.
    I don't thank any posts. I did once maybe twice. But since then, i don't thank anymore.
  5. Old Comment
    It doesn't really mean a lot, you know.
    It's a teen site on the internet.
  6. Old Comment
    ...... Whats the big deal here? You get a post thanked, big whoop. ._. I don't think it's that important.
  7. Old Comment
    Quote:
    It doesn't really mean a lot, you know.
    It's a teen site on the internet.
    It's can adult site too.
  8. Old Comment
    I don't think anyone thanks posts based on the grammar. o.O

Another Loke blog.
  9. Old Comment
    Unless you actually compare every single thread and work out statistics, you don't really have a point. There really is no structure for "thanks". I'll "thank" for all sorts of reasons. The end of the day, it doesn't actually matter.

Loke is back in business.
    Posted 01-21-2011 at 09:56 AM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
  10. Old Comment
    I do like to thank those people that gives my blog one star because a one star rating is better than a no star rating.
  11. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by loke View Comment
    I do like to thank those people that gives my blog one star because a one star rating is better than a no star rating.
    Eh?

Sometimes your logic makes me chuckle.

If you see a blog with no rating, you have no opinion of said blog and go into it with an open mind. If you see a blog with a one-star rating, you immediately assume it's rubbish or disliked or whatever and go into it, if at all, with negative opinion/expectation.

Jus' sayin'.
    Posted 01-21-2011 at 10:06 AM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
  12. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Doctor View Comment
    Eh?

Sometimes your logic makes me chuckle.

If you see a blog with no rating, you have no opinion of said blog and go into it with an open mind. If you see a blog with a one-star rating, you immediately assume it's rubbish or disliked or whatever and go into it, if at all, with negative opinion/expectation.

Jus' sayin'.
    We obviously think differently. lol
  13. Old Comment
    I don't thank threads based purely on grammar and spelling. I usually thank threads I like or agree with ect.

Back onto this topic, I don't rate a blog if I have no opinion on it.
    The star ratings, however, are clearly explained in the rating box.

14. Old Comment
    How about having an unthank option: for posts (or blogs) which whine or moan about some irrelevant, meaningless subject and are actually a thinly veiled way for he poster to draw attention to themselves and attempt to claim the moral high ground over some non-issue, whilst criticising and/or pointlessly and endlessly debating everyone who has an opinion which is the slighest bit unlike their own?

Or- good god- is this really the most interesting thing you can think of to blog about?
  15. Old Comment
    Did I ever mention that I love Jacques?
  16. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BettyBoop View Comment
    Did I ever mention that I love Jacques?
    As far as i'm concerned you can mention it as often as you like- there are not enough stars in the sky to rate your awesomeness with, and I say that with no regard to the laws of spelling, punctuation or grammar!
  17. Old Comment
    You can thank threads?!
  18. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by loke View Comment
    I see your blog has two stars. It’s only bad instead of terrible.

Loke why are you always complaining about things that are not really all that important? Commenting on the thanks system is ok, but you seem to take trivial things far too serious.
  19. Old Comment
    I don't know about anyone else but I don't tend to read posts that are hard to understand because they are severely lacking in spelling/grammar.. thus I wouldn't thank it.
  20. Old Comment
    I only thank posts I like and agree with but I often don't often thank many posts at all. Grammar isn't a contributing factor. Again you are making an issue of a non issue