Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > zeketheorc

Rate this Entry

more tv addiction

Posted 01-26-2008 at 01:43 PM by zeketheorc

recently I have found myself getting addicted to more tv shows. These shows are on the discovery channel and history channel. One such show is Ancient Discoveries where they take a look at inventions that were created hundreds-thousands of years ago that have a huge impact on modern day society.
The other show is Fight Quest. This is a show where two people go all around the world studying a variety of martial arts for a short period of time. As a martial artist myself, I find this very interesting.
Has anyone else seen these shows and if so what do you think of them?
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4275 Comments 3
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    First off- what style(s) do you study?

Have you read the works of Sun Tzu and Musashi?

And Fight Quest isn't too great, not compared to Human Weapon- at least IMO, but it's not bad.
  2. Old Comment
    I study mainly a variety of chinese martial arts.
    I have read both the works of Sun Tzu and Musashi.
    I have not see Human Weapon, but just took a look at it by searching for it. It looks pretty much the same as Fight Quest. What are the differences?
  3. Old Comment
    Differences:

Human Weapon came first

Human Weapon takes two guys and has them both train with the same masters, getting input from both guys on the same training

Human Weapon seems to focus more on practical styles(styles that take less then 3 years to be combat efficient)

Human Weapon just feels better, IMO, not to say Fight Quest is bad... just my feelings on it.

I myself study Wing Chun, Muay Thai and a bit of Judo(which I learn mostly second-hand)

You study modern wushu or old-school wushu?