Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Daddy's Little girl!

Welcome to the thoughts of Leona.
To the right you will find her insanity,
To the left you will find her half-reality,
In the centre of it all, you will find
him.
Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Bad Rep for my DVD Collection?! ZOMGAH's!

Posted 05-16-2008 at 03:28 AM by Oreo_here

LAWL! So I get up early after a rough two nights to find bad rep! -AGAIN-! So there I was thinking '' Oh, Someone dissapproves of your attitude again,Leona! You should lose it'' when BAM! It's about the DVD collection! OMG's! I was in the middle of fulling out my app for residence acomadation when this shit made me stop! It amused me! It said something like '' Not much consollation to this, take it to PM''. Dude, It's a DVD thread, how much 'consollation' do I need?! OMGAH's! LAWL! It's -SO- funny! Which reminded me, I know a few people whom get bad rep for simple things like 'posting to too many threads' or 'posting too much per day', not to mention I had bad rep for saying 'LAWL' too -much-.What the hell? Gee! Is this a good thing or a bad thing?! We just heart your site -SO- much, we can't stop posting on it! And half the time we post because the threads are interesting or funny, and we get put down because we just like to -post-. Fair enough if it's spamming randomly, but it's not. We're just posting like any other on here! It's ironic, isn't it?! C'mon! Admit it!
You got to admit, this is worth blogging about! I could blog all day on each bad rep I get or got! LAWL! Ok,ok. So answer me this; what happens if I get down to one bar? Then what? Hm!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 7422 Comments 17
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 17

Comments

1. Old Comment
    people taking rep to seriously! it is a forum for gods sake lol!
  2. Old Comment
    Indeed! ' MOM! SOMEONE IS WRONG ON DA' IN-TER-NET! CAN I STAY UP 10 MORE MINUTES, PlEASE?!'
  3. Old Comment
    When you reach one bar, it goes red and they stack up. Just thought I'd answer because you asked.

I created the thread and I see nothing wrong with your posts - you're having a bit of a conversation in there but it's DVD/Collection-related, so *booooo* to the negative repper.
  4. Old Comment
    Actually newslave, one bar goes green, then it turns grey, which i believe means you have 0 points, then it turns red and new blocks are added after this point if you continue to recieve negitives.
    I saw this happen with, what's his name, slave456 i think it was.

I really cannot believe that people are still having issues with the reputation system, it's just silly, this has been going on for a long time now.

I'm really starting to think what depp has done with the rep on kinktalk is the best solution. Simply turning off the option to give negitive reps.
    Updated 05-16-2008 at 08:44 AM by Sum
  5. Old Comment
    I agree with sum1(2). Reputation should be a reward only. Praise for good posts.

Negative reputation can easily be resolved by a simple warning/post explaining why it maybe isn't so good.

Or maybe give every member the option to turn their reputation system off completely?
  6. Old Comment
    I don't think your resolution would fix the issue to be honest, far too many people would abuse it and far too many people wouldn't read the warning/take heed of it.
  7. Old Comment
    Positive rep is the only option. Every member can give one positive rep per 24hours. However, the recipient can't be given it again by the same user for the next 7 days.

Example;

I give sum1(2) positive rep on Monday. This is my rep used for the day. But what if I wanted to bump him up and give it him again the next day? Well, with the 7-day system, I wouldn't be able to. I'd have to give it somebody else (if, indeed, I did give rep).

How's that sound?
  8. Old Comment
    Tsk. It's annoying really, I know a few people whom get negative rep for silly reasons. Can't I just turn them off or something. It's quite annoying.
    Updated 05-16-2008 at 09:02 AM by Oreo_here
  9. Old Comment
    Depp's gunna make some changes/updates to getDare soon. I think he might have something planned for the rep system, although I'm not too sure.
  10. Old Comment
    Oh, I hope so! ^-^
  11. Old Comment
    Cumon tho guys its not so bad is it. The rep system does seem to work... if you make a good post you get quite a lot of good rep. Occasionally someone is stupid and gives you bad rep for a stupid reason but its really not that big a deal... if you are a truly good poster you will get good rep anyway. Its only a bit of rep on a website... it doesn't mean anything if you lose 1 point of rep or something... If someone is really abusing it (such as giving you bad rep every day) then just report it...
  12. Old Comment
    I agree with what big joe has to say here. Really guys this whole concern with rep needs to stop, it seems to be the equlivlant for some people's thoughts that large post counts are good (they're only good if you have something constnatly constructive/intresting/imaginative or just something useful to say.)

Leona, i've just looked through your blog entries, do realise you have three entries about negitive rep!
  13. Old Comment
    LAWLAWLAWLAWL stupid noobs, get away from the rep system!
  14. Old Comment
    THought it was two. >_> My bad. Wha'you sayin',Sum, I should make one about -good- Rep?! LAWL! Nah, kiddin'. Ok,ok. I will stop bloggin' about Bad rep.
  15. Old Comment
    'Coz that's creative o_O lol

And I think sum1(2) is just saying, don't let rep get to you. After all, it's only a website.
  16. Old Comment
    Oh god's! I'm turning in to one of those net dorks! 'MOM! THEY'RE BULLYING ME ONLINE!' LAWL!
  17. Old Comment
    Lol, hahahaha this has just got strange lol!