Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Lokelake's I don't know

Rate this Entry

You think you will get snow for the weekend? You be the judge!!

Posted 12-02-2009 at 06:41 PM by lokelake
Updated 12-02-2009 at 06:55 PM by lokelake

I will show you two different model forecasts for the weekend snow. They will be showed at the same time. Look for the 540 line, it's a bold red line. Ahead of (in front) that line, is rain, behind that line, is snow. Close to or on top of that line, I believe is rain and snow mix.

This is around 10:00 PM Eastern Time

The GFS is 3 hours ahead, so just imagine the precip 3 hours back, its basically moving Northeast.

NAM:
Name:  NAM.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  153.1 KB

GFS:
Name:  GFS.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  145.7 KB

There will be more model runs. These both could be wrong. I am thinking the GFS will go back west with the storm during tomorrow's runs, which would mean more snow for the Northeast and New England.

So, do you think you will get snow over the weekend? Or are you not sure yet??
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1340 Comments 4
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    What do you think about the winter storm warnings in HOUSTON, TEXAS OF ALL PLACES?!!!
  2. Old Comment
    Yes, that is VERY impressive. However, down there, it takes a foretasted amount of 1 inch to warrant a winter storm warning down there. Here in New England, the forecast amount has to be at least 6 inches!
  3. Old Comment
    We have had flurries the past few days, but according to accuweather, the next few weeks could be intresting
  4. Old Comment
    I use accuweather too!! Some meteorologists on there really likes to hype things!!